Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: parents and children: energy, OBE's and auras

Re: parents and children: energy, OBE's and auras

My daughter was about 8 or 9 when this happened. Recently, while talking to my brother-in-law, who happens to get sleep paralysis, I mentioned that I myself had transitioned my own sleep paralysis into OBE's. My daughter was right there and she didn't give much of a reaction (she was just kind of like "hmm"). She's a pretty cool and mellow kid so I didn't expect that she would freak out.

As far as the nightmare/being scared issue with your child, when my daughter was getting used to her own room and was fearful, I gave her an amethyst to put under her pillow. This was great comfort to her as it always was to me.

2. Re: parents and children: energy, OBE's and auras

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    A Boggart is a critter that take the shape of whatever you're afraid of. The way you defeat it is to imagine it as something extremely ridiculous, and it loses it's power. It's in the first of the books/movies (IIRC). It's an useful tool to describe to your child if they have seen the movie, they will know exactly how to handle it.

I love this. Tho' that might still scare my 6 yo , I'm not sure. I'll have to check that out. I've tried to talk with her about concepts such as being able to tell the jaguar chasing her to either tell her it what it wants or go away, but she doesn't really believe that it will work (funny, I have a child with a mind of her own who doesn't listen to anyone until she has experienced it herself. Just like me! ). We still talk about our dreams every day, and explore how we felt, what they meant or we could do about them, etc.
    Regards,
    Red Arrow

3. Re: parents and children: energy, OBE's and auras

Quote Originally Posted by beryl
    \
    As far as the nightmare/being scared issue with your child, when my daughter was getting used to her own room and was fearful, I gave her an amethyst to put under her pillow. This was great comfort to her as it always was to me.
    Love this! Thanks Beryl, this also made me think maybe we could make little totems that hang over their bed.
    Regards,
    Red Arrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2