Can someone please me help figure out what I might be doing wrong? I know I must be close... This was actually the first time I have ever really tried to project and I know there just must be something I have missed or possibly left out.

I had some extra time this morning so I thought I would attempt a conscious exit projection. I did some stretching and body awareness/energy work - sat in my chair, and began to meditate in hopes of feeling vibrations.

After a good 30 minutes or so the first experience happened. I felt the trance state begin and then I became very loose, like I was floating. The blackness of my vision seemed to shoot forward endlessly as tho I was at the center of everything (very crazy feeling). I began to feel my heart rate accelerate to where I could feel it pounding in my chest. This sensation went directly into full body vibrations which were extremely strong. I attempted to use the rope technique and easily visualized everything. I felt as tho I was raising up but the vibrations were just to much so I freaked out and opened my eyes.

I stood up and walked around a bit - did some stretching and attempted it all over again. After another 25-30 minutes I got to the same heart rate and vibrations but this time I stuck with it and let things flow. It was like the vibrations were moving up and down my body and they were very powerful in my neck. It reminded me of an experience I had when I was rather young when I unknowingly grabbed an electric fence haha.

Suddenly the vibrations subsided and I was left feeling warm and tingly all over but still in a trance state.. I held my ground and waited for the vibrations to return, which they did, but once again I was unable to project.

Is it normal to feel all this the first time? I am very confident that I can make the vibrations return each time I meditate. I have no problem moving my awareness and feeling my astral hands massage my chakras etc. It seems like everything is going perfect until the vibrations get extreme (have some sore muscles in my neck after 3 episodes of this.. haha.) I tried to be as calm as possible and not tense up the best I could.

I apologize for the length of this post but I felt I really needed to elaborate on things as all of this just happened less the nan hour ago.

What can I do to take that next step and actually exit when these vibrations return? Are there any suggestions anyone might have which may help me? Any info concerning this would be greatly appreciated