Thread: waking up, but not waking up

casp911 Guest

waking up, but not waking up

Has this ever happened to you, since reading wks 1 & 2 of MAP, I've been experiencing this :

I fall asleep and I'm dreaming merrily...until I decide I have enough. I become conscious that I'm in an altered state, as if waking up and tell myself: ok tha'ts enough dreaming. Then I have silly thoughts like: "hm this body is comfy, I think I'm going to stay "asleep" a few more minutes" And I just lay there a few more minutes, totally relaxed then I really wake up. It's not as if I'm actually awake when I stop dreaming, I'm kind of in-between. I guess I never experienced "waking up" before...it's weird.

Blog Entries
    That will happen more and more while you have the intention and practice of OB'ing. It happens to me now a lot (not so much before I started with MAP). Something I do (which I heartily recommend to all) is while you're in that stage and know you are going to wake up shortly, is to think "I am a perfect child of God and I will go out today to meet my good". The reason I do this is because when you're in that in/between stage you are speaking directly to your subconscious, who doesn't argue back at you. Of course, if you don't have a religious belief you can substitute with some other positive self programming tool.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Scorpyn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    ...you are speaking directly to your subconscious, who doesn't argue back at you...
    Am I the only person who sometimes finds it difficult to agree with himself?

As for the op : Yes, I get that every now and then, only I fall back to sleep most of the time

Blog Entries
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

BriMercer Guest
    This is also an excellent state from which to go for the conscious exit projection. Keep practicing this state. It will come in handy later!

Brian

Re: waking up, but not waking up

Quote Originally Posted by casp911
    Has this ever happened to you, since reading wks 1 & 2 of MAP, I've been experiencing this :

I fall asleep and I'm dreaming merrily...until I decide I have enough. I become conscious that I'm in an altered state, as if waking up and tell myself: ok tha'ts enough dreaming. Then I have silly thoughts like: "hm this body is comfy, I think I'm going to stay "asleep" a few more minutes" And I just lay there a few more minutes, totally relaxed then I really wake up. It's not as if I'm actually awake when I stop dreaming, I'm kind of in-between. I guess I never experienced "waking up" before...it's weird.

It's sounds like a "false awakening." It simply means that you had a dream in which you awoke.

It is possible to dream of anything you know about. Undoubtedly you know what it means to wake up. So it is possible to dream about doing that.