Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Michael's MAP Journal

Blog Entries

Re: Michael's MAP Journal

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Well, if you look at it from a broader metaphysical perspective, energy bodies are vehicles of consciousness, in a very physical sense- and since most metaphysicians believe 'everything' is consciousness, 'focusing awareness' is one way of describing the same thing- we exist everywhere everytime, but can access reality by 'tuning into' a specific 'state' that is the same as our perceptual apparatus, and that's what an energy body is-a perceptual projection that is in tune with the specific environment we're trying to access-consciously.
    Wow, I couldn't put it simply.
    Oh well.
    So, IMO it's just two ways of describing the same thing- one phenomenological, the other 'technical'.
    Ohhh Traveler, you're too sexy for your words
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Now I want to sing along.

@ Michael:
    I wouldn't say the conscious mind is split in so many levels, more like there are countless aspects of you being represented as bodies, some less conscious than others. Your conscious mind is just acquiring the ability to perceive what they perceive, and to perceive as them, which is harder to remember (hence the term unconscious mind.)

Not a hat trick, and not very coherent, but whatcha gonna do.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

yep, seeing "phenomenological" kinda takes ya to a gomez/morticia adams moment.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

4. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    yep, seeing "phenomenological" kinda takes ya to a gomez/morticia adams moment.
    That's a good word to know. It fits my way of thinking now...

5. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

The light at the end of the tunnel for this 90-day trial is arriving, and with it many mixed feelings. While I haven't had a classic-OBE yet, I've definitely experienced many paranormal events. I've had much better results with focusing on meditation rather than any sort of complicated exit technique, so I will definitely be taking a different approach after the 90 days are up. This trial has opened up a whole new world for me to explore, which is amazing in itself.

With summer starting over the past couple of weeks I'd be lying if I said I was able to do all of the exercises in a strict fashion each day. My daily schedule is quite a bit busier when it gets nice outside, so I've had to fit in what I can here and there. This is probably slowing down my progress but balance in life is important too.

I'm signing up for the Gateway Voyage program at The Monroe Institute in August, which I'm really excited for. I hope to make some additional breakthroughs and speed up my progress there. I'll be sure to post about my experiences here.

Right now, I can fairly easily get visions/dreams in the astral while meditating. I don't have much control over what I see yet, but it is a start. I seem to lose some of my self-awareness while the visions come, which makes it seem more dream-like... but I'm still somewhat aware of my physical body too. I want to continue with this and see if I can gain more control over what I experience. Being able to clear my surface thoughts has become easier with practice, which I think is what quickly leads to the imagery.

The exercises and writings in MAP haven't had any sort of drastic changes as it did during the first 45 days or so. Robert Bruce discusses some of the finer points and possible problems or experiences that you may encounter, which are nice validations for what I've been experiencing or having problems with. It just feels like the exit techniques he recommends undo all the energy and meditation work I do during each practice session, so it almost feels detrimental to what I'm trying to achieve. I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or if I'm doing something wrong, or if his methodology isn't the right one for me.

6. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

I've been sharpening my meditation with the help of some free classes and gaining a better conceptual understanding of the non-physical from the books I'm reading. It's all very exciting stuff to me right now, but progress is a little slower than I'd like!

The third book in Bruce Moen's series is so crazy, and it aligns well with Todd Campbell's "My Big Toe"... I'm getting a pretty big conceptual picture of reality. It feels intuitively true, but I want to experience it firsthand. I also recently read "Eat, Pray, Love" for fun, which gave me another perspective on my spiritual growth.

I swear I was extremely close to leaving my body yesterday.. I lost all feeling in my body... almost attaining a sort of "point consciousness". For whatever reason my eyes naturally opened (or was it astral sight? I couldn't tell), and all I could feel was warmth and energy. It was the deepest disconnection with my physical body I've felt thus far.

Blog Entries

Hi Michael.
    I would say that if you feel that the exit techniques feel like they're undoing what you've gained during the meditation (trance) phase, maybe you should do two things (that I do when I reach the stage you're in): I add more energy body loosening time, and 'noticing' to the routine prior to the exit attempt.

I feel that sometimes it is too 'soon' to attempt an exit, and the exit technique is not always the right one to try depending on the exit symptoms you're having. Of course, the MAP course is instructional, and is teaching you various techniques to try, so that you learn more than one, and eventually taylor to what works best at the time.

For example, I find rope to be good for vibrations, but not for the slow swaying that is sometimes felt at the exit- then I use a different exit technique.

I find that a lot of people ignore energy body loosening and jump to the exit, and lose the opportunity to deepen their trance. I highly recommend you add to the last part in this way:

~After the trance techs, make sure to do energy body loosening techniques. Make them last, don't hurry through them.
    ~After e-body loosening, settle into 'noticing'. Even though it's not officially part of the program, I find 'noticing' to be essential to know when to start doing a technique, and which one to pick. During noticing is when you start to become aware of which state you're in- if you're getting noises, visuals or vibrations, then decide what type of exit you're going to try:
    ~What I do:
    ^Vibes- rope
    ^Sway- if slow, recreate the floating feeling you get when you swim up a pool bottom- if fast swaying, pretend you're bodysurfing (on the ocean) and 'catch that wave' away from your body.
    ^Movement-Forwards or backwards- Pretend you're on a swing, or pretend you're waterskiing and 'go with the movement'- synchronize with it. If side to side, 'go with it'.

The thing with adding noticing to body loosening, is that if you don't exit with the tech you choose, you can choose to go back to either loosening or noticing (depending how far 'out' you are) and can continue on the loop until you either pass out or wake up completely.

Good luck Michael.

BTW, I hope you enjoy TMI. I loved when I went there. I want to go back when I can afford it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

8. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

Hmm, yeah.. I haven't been doing enough energy body loosening. I do like to spend time "noticing" though, just to get a feel for what's going on so I can write about it later and also remember it for next time. By remembering the feeling of a certain state, I can make it easier to recreate.

I'll remember the loosening part for next time! It sort of escaped my normal procedures.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6