Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Michael's MAP Journal

1. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    If my comments annoy you I'll delete them-
    I just wanted to comment that it seems to me you're awakening to your dreamstate lessons, (did you read Monroe's books?) like many of us do- so don't be surprised to get more of those. I can't say what your friend's parents symbolize, but I'd guess they're the representation of a teacher, reiterating things you have learned perhaps, and it's possible that the lesson's 'meat' has escaped you consciously (not subconsciously, I'm sure). As you get more proficient in projection they will become part of your astral adventures, you'll actually travel to teaching places (Akashic Records, Teaching Temples of Shamballa, or pick your favorite term) and get lessons there. Some will be very obscure, others obvious. I think part of the lesson is figuring out what they mean. (Some sort of mental plane development?)-
    Also get used to these 'psychic/precog' events, you will notice them more as you continue to practice.
    Please keep commenting! I'm looking for as much feedback as I can get. I especially respect your thoughts as well, due to your apparent knowledge/experience.

I did read Monroe's books, I actually said that in the first post of this thread but I forgive you for forgetting. It has been a few months so some of it has escaped me.

I'm really enjoying any sort of paranormal event because I've never really been open to these things before.

2. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 4

Program Notes/Observations:

* The relaxation I(stretching) exercises basically went through my whole body this time. No difficulties there.
    * BWGen worked well again but I did not go as deep as yesterday, likely because I didn’t work out right beforehand.
    * The energy work/body awareness today spread to all the toes. The tingling was super intense after the exercise, almost like my toes were on fire. There’s definitely something unusual going on with tactile imaging!

Dream Notes:

* Dream Keywords: Steve Pavlina, battle against really big guy, internet, warehouse
    * The first dream is a little too personal so I’m leaving it out. The second dream involved me stuck in a warehouse all of a sudden, and then a really big guy faced me. He was approaching me and I felt like he was going to attack me. I decided not to fight him and got out.. somehow.
    * I’m not sure what’s with all the more negative/intense dreams lately. Usually they’re not like that.

3. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 5

* While I was relaxing with bwgen I slipped into a couple mini-dreams that I quickly forgot after I remembered to focus on my breath. It was different from a normal dream though, because I was still aware of my body as I was having the dream. It’s hard to describe exactly how I was aware of my body yet not lucid in my dream.
    * The energy work/body awareness focused on both of my feet in their entirety. This was pretty intense, my feet almost felt like they were on fire by the end of it. The tingling and buzzing were very strong. Robert Bruce says this is normal when you’re just starting out though, because I’m clearing out energy blockages. It’s neat to be able to already verify what he says will happen with my own real experience, because this sort of intense tingling feeling isn’t something I’d expect to happen.

Dream Notes:

* Dream Keywords: APEGM dinner, tammerism?, discussion in engineering, video game for sale
    * One of my dreams involved me sitting at a dinner table with my professional engineering peers, although I did not recognize anyone from the physical world. For whatever reason, words that don’t even exist kept being brought up throughout the dream. One of them was “tammerism”, and for whatever reason I thought I understood what that meant in the dream… but not now of course. There were other weird words but I do not remember them.

I finished Astral Dynamics and have started reading Bruce Moen’s first book. I also coincidentally received a shipment from Amazon with some fresh new books. They are:

* Adventures Beyond the Body
    * The Secret of the Soul
    * The Power of Now
    * Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming

Needless to say I’ve got a full plate of reading for the next while.

Bruce Moen’s book is already pretty intense, and is way over my head. Not in the sense of me having trouble understanding it, but rather it would be something more appropriate to me once I’ve had more OBE experience. I flipped through “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming” and I think I will read it first, because it seems like it does a better job of bridging the gap between science and the paranormal. In other words, it feels more “entry level” to me. I've ordered Bruce Moen's Guidebook today, so I will be working through that once it arrives.

I’m also building the habit of doing frequent reality checks during the day, so that I can do it during a dream and become lucid.

Blog Entries

Re: Michael's MAP Journal

* Adventures Beyond the Body
    * The Secret of the Soul
    * The Power of Now
    * Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming
    I've read the first three, and enjoyed them. The Secret of the Soul (if it's the one about the binary soul) can be a little- colored by the author's religious belief, but it's very interesting and compelling.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

5. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 6

* Energy work and body awareness on both of my entire legs today. The energy work keeps getting more intense each day. Both of my legs were tingling and the soles of my feet felt like they were on fire almost. My feet are still tingling as I write this.
    * I am now fully relaxing my body as per the guidelines in MAP.

Dream Notes:

* I didn’t remember any dreams last night! I’m not too sure why. Some mornings I just wake up and they’re gone.

6. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 7

Program Notes/Observations

* Energy work implemented “body bouncing” awareness in my legs. This feeling was pretty cool, you can definitely sense the energy movement through your legs.
    * Week 2 is coming up! I’m getting a little anxious to actually do some OBE exit techniques but taking it slow is probably best.

Dream Notes

* This was a doozy. The relevant part to share was that I was in my bathroom during the dream looking at myself in the mirror. For whatever reason my dream mind suddenly asked to have an OBE. I looked away from the mirror, concentrated, and looked back at the mirror. In my astonishment I looked about 20 years older. Wrinkly but with a full head of grey hair, almost like Jay Leno haha. I became scared and said “ok ok, I get the point, please put me back” and everything was back to normal… in my dream that is.
    * The second part to the dream was me having a plugged toilet. I interpreted this as me trying to shed my old beliefs, but there’s so much of it that it’s getting clogged and will take time to get rid of. But I don’t really know if that’s what was meant, of course.

Blog Entries

Re: Michael's MAP Journal

It's also possible that it indicated blockages in your energy body- but I like the 'belief system' theory better.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

8. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    It's also possible that it indicated blockages in your energy body- but I like the 'belief system' theory better.
    I like that explanation too.

9. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Week 2 Day 8

So I’m into week 2 now. The focus this week will be on enhancing the breathing exercises, calming the mind, and energy work for the upper body.

* I’m finding that the energy bouncing in my legs causes various leg muscles to twitch. It definitely feels like something is changing when I do this.
    * It was a little tough to bring body awareness to the back-side of my fingers. The sensations weren’t as intense as my feet were.
    * Increasing the depth of my breath during the breath awareness exercise felt pretty good.
    * While I was listening to bwgen, I would say “astral” to myself on an inhale and “projection” during the exhale, as suggested in MAP. I found this helped me to stay alert, although I did catch myself starting to daydream a few times still.

Dream Notes:

* No dreams remembered this time again. I went out last night and did a little drinking/partying. I think the alcohol definitely affected my dream recall, for the worse.

10. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 9

Program Notes/Observations

* I found it really hard to find the time to do all the exercises today. I probably rushed through them a little faster than I should have. It almost seemed like the universe was conspiring to derail my practice today.
    * Energy work moved to the arms, I didn’t feel too much tingling there, just a localized heaviness.

Dream Notes:

* Wow, I remembered around 5-6 dreams last night! I wrote a full page of notes in my journal but I’m not going to write it all out here.
    * In one of the dreams, there were about 4 people who had attracted attention in a crowd. Someone said something about making them levitate, so I thought “what the heck, I’ll try and make one of them levitate”. So I closed my dream eyes and focused hard. I heard some voices and then saw some weird (hypnagogic?) imagery with some very cool sounds. I think I might have felt a slight falling sensation, I’m not too sure. Next thing I know I try to open my eyes in the dream but it turns out I woke up.
    * I think one of my dream symbols is a video game/computer screen. They seem to show up in my dreams quite a bit. Perhaps I need to start doing reality checks whenever I look at a screen.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast