Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Michael's MAP Journal

1. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 10

Program Notes/Observations:

* I’m not finding the energy work with the arms to be as intense as the legs, but it’s still quite tingly.
    * I’m getting better at quieting my mind while meditating and listening to bwgen. It’s becoming a quite pleasant experience

Dream Notes:

* I remembered 2 dreams last night. I had my sleep time cut short, to about 6 hours. I find this significantly cuts down on the number of dreams I have during the night. This agrees with what I have read in various places about dreaming – you tend to have more REM periods during the 6-8th hour of sleeping versus the beginning.
    * Dream symbol – videogame type sequences. This seems to crop up once a week or so, where I find myself playing some sort of video game like dream out. Usually they tend to be of the “First Person Shooter” variety. This aligns with my previously mentioned dream symbol of a computer/video screen.

2. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 11

* While I was listening to bwgen and meditating today, I think I got deeper than I ever have before. I started to feel “different”, with bursts of what felt like electricity going through my body. The blurry image I normally see with my closed eyes turned blue-ish, and I felt my heart (or heart chakra?) start to beat pretty quick. I was getting pretty excited so it stopped shortly afterward.
    * I find myself getting anxious with body relaxation and breath awareness exercises. I just want to “get through them” so I can get to the more interesting energy work.
    * During the energy work today, I felt what I think were energy blockages. One was in my left thigh, and the other in my neck. I’ve been told before that my throat chakra is relatively closed so perhaps that has something to do with it. Basically, I found it difficult to focus my body awareness through those 2 areas.

Dream Notes:

* Just a couple cool dreams. One with me playing basketball and the other had me defending a castle. Nothing remarkably interesting to report.

3. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 12

Program Notes/Observations

* I found it pretty hard to meditate today while listening to bwgen, as I am extra tired today. I worked an overtime shift for my job last night so my sleep schedule was thrown off.
    * When I was listening to bwgen, I had wondered if the 20 minutes were up and grabbed for my egg timer to check. As soon as I touched the egg timer, it went off. I thought it was a funny coincidence, and I suppose some people might take that as being potentially pre-cognitive.
    * While doing the fully body bounce energy work today my whole body felt like it was vibrating at a slow rhythm. It didn’t feel like the rhythm from a heart beat either.

Dream Notes:

* 2 dreams remembered. Once was related to work but the second one was me exploring this cave full of glass/crystal artifacts. One of them was a very pretty looking crab.

Blog Entries

Re: Michael's MAP Journal

While doing the fully body bounce energy work today my whole body felt like it was vibrating at a slow rhythm. It didn’t feel like the rhythm from a heart beat either.
    That happens to me if I do it on the floor with my arms up. You definitely feel it humming away.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

5. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 13

* While I was meditating with bwgen, I had this visual come to me of an outline of a human being lying down. No features or anything, just the outline. The peculiar thing was that the person had a void/vortex around his solar plexus. The words “Go Inward” came to mind.
    * The energy work is getting easier. The feeling isn’t as intense now, as to be expected according to MAP. I find it easier to focus on my right side rather than my left though. The whole body bouncing can be a little difficult.

Dream Notes:

* No dreams remembered, damn. I really have to set the intention each night to remember my dreams… I can’t seem to slack off yet and have it happen automatically. I’m thinking I’ll try working the “wake back to bed” method into my sleeping routine.
    * I’d really like to have a lucid dream and am still trying to build “reality checks” as a habit.

6. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Week 3 Day 16

The past few days have focused on a lot of full-body awareness/energy raising through “full-body bounces”. The energy work has become easier to do each day, but there are also new techniques being added to learn each day – so there’s always a fresh challenge.

With my dreams, I’m definitely seeing video games as a dreamsign. I used to play video games quite a bit but not so much anymore – I just have to learn to ask myself if I’m dreaming each time I look at a screen. Another frequent dreamsign for me seems to be having people ask me questions. Almost every night I notice that someone from my past asks me a question. Perhaps I can gain lucidity if I remember to ask myself if I’m dreaming everytime someone asks me a question – but I’m not really sure if that’s practical.

Week 3

This week’s focus is on energy raising for the 3 primary energy storage centers, as well as more work on achieving mental clarity/focus (meditation). This program seems to have a nice steady build up of the prerequisite skills in having an OBE, although not actually practicing OBE attempts is a little frustrating. The time each day’s exercises take up is increasing as well, and that’s starting to take a toll on my daily schedule. I’m not doing all the optional exercises as I simply don’t have time to do them, although I do what I can and am doing more than the bare minimum.

With bwgen, there’s a new preset added to listen to before bed that’s supposed to help with lucid dreaming. I’ll give it a shot.

Day 16 Program Notes/Observations:

* My head felt especially clear after doing the “full-body circuit” energy work.
    * Using the ring technique, I was able to keep my mind clear for almost 30 seconds at the maximum. I would say the average time was about 20 seconds of nothing but me focusing on my breath before other thoughts would enter my mind.

Dream Notes:

* Video game dream sign and question dream sign occurred again. I would have never realized these dream signs before if it wasn’t for my dream journal. Before I started writing in my dream journal I was a little skeptical that I had any dream signs in the first place.

7. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 17

* I think I’m going to start getting up earlier to do the exercises first thing in the morning. I’ve been doing them in the evening so far after a full days work, exercise, and supper. I find that my body and mind are too tired to focus well on mind taming. While listening to bwgen I found myself day dreaming and clicking out for long chunks of time, which is frustrating because it feels like wasted time.
    * Taming my mind with the ring technique was more variable today. I got up to 40 seconds but sometimes barely lasted a few.

Dream Notes:

* I just had some fun sports related dreams last night.
    * I’m going to try the affirmation: “I am more and more conscious in my dreams” to improve my dream recall and also improve the chances of me becoming lucid. I kept waffling between two different affirmations to work on either separately. I feel like this one says it all.

8. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Day 18

* Each day is taking me a solid hour of practice, plus about a half hour of reading time, affirmations, and these notes I’m writing. This is taking quite a bit of dedication, but I still feel pretty confident about getting through it. For anyone interested in OBE’s, it might be easier to just try some exit techniques right off the bat, just to get some experience and motivation to go through a program like this. Working on all the prerequisite skills for weeks at a time before knowing what you’re in for takes a lot of dedication.
    * I’m not too sure if the energy raising technique is doing much for me. The feeling is pretty subtle, although I do feel pretty good afterward.
    * Doing these exercises in the morning is going to take even more discipline as it’s a fairly sizable schedule change. I really need to do this though, because my mind is racing after a full day of work.

Dream Notes:

* I haven’t gotten up early yet to do the wake back to bed method for lucid dreams, although I’m trying to work it into my schedule.
    * I’ve been waking up lately thinking I haven’t remembered my dreams. But once I lie there for a while and really think about it, bits and pieces start to come back. My lucidity in my dreams hasn’t increased lately though – I’ve sort of hit a wall with this.
    * I had another video-game-esque dream last night.

Blog Entries

Re: Michael's MAP Journal

My lucidity in my dreams hasn’t increased lately though – I’ve sort of hit a wall with this.
    Don't set yourself up like this, especially at day 18. Give yourself time to develop.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

10. Re: Michael's MAP Journal

OBE/Astral Projection Trial Week 3 Day 22

So the past few days has been met with me focusing on secondary energy center work and mind taming. I think I’ve definitely gotten better at both. The energy work/body awareness exercises come to me pretty easily now, and I can definitely feel different sorts of tingling/buzzing/warm sensations from practicing this.

In particular, I’ve felt a sense of pressure on my forehead during the energy work, which is supposedly where the third-eye chakra is. I haven’t even done any direct stimulation of that area yet, apart from some body awareness of my head entirely during a “full body bounce” in Mastering Astral Projection. I’m interested to see how this develops because this particular chakra supposedly has a deep connection with psychic abilities. I’ve also received intuitive readings in the past which have told me that my third-eye is unusually open.

There has been a slow but steady progression with my mind taming practice now. I’m getting to the point where I can definitely feel myself getting into a different state of being while meditating, and it’s quite enjoyable. The surface thoughts or “monkey mind” are losing their strength. Right now I find myself starting a random thought but catching myself in the process, usually stopping it before any sort of full blown thought “sentence” occurs. I am finding the meditation practice to be more effective in the morning.

As far as dreaming goes, the progress has been slower. As a positive, I find myself remembering dream fragments from more than one dream per night without too much effort. However, my attempts with the wake back to bed method haven’t been going too well. I guess I just like sleep too much .

I thought getting up for only a few minutes in the middle of the night would be enough to put myself in a state to practice lucid dreaming exercises, but it isn’t… I just end up falling back asleep right away. I can see why some people recommend getting up for a good 15-45 minutes. I also find myself getting a little lazy with writing all of what I remember from my dreams – more effort is needed here.

This weeks exercises focus on primary energy center (or major chakra) stimulation. I’m starting to get into the more interesting exercises and am getting closer to practicing OBE attempts, which is getting exciting. Today I stimulated the base chakra, and it was a very intense feeling. I still have some lingering doubts as to whether or not the body awareness is actually affecting any sort of “energy body” or whether it’s just the way the nervous system responds to prolonged awareness of a certain body area. The sensations are certainly unusual, but I think it will take a certain amount of belief for myself before I actually see the results from an actual OBE.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast