Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: STOP masturbating NOW.

1. STOP masturbating NOW.

And never do it again. Never self pleasure.

The long term benefits of retaining sexual energy far outweigh the short buzz you get jerking off.

Google 'benefits of celibacy'

Though celibacy in my case is being a single person choosing to no longer masturbate. Its been nearly a month now, and Im feeling excellent.. increased energy, alertness, motivation, focus, My dreams have been almost congratulating me on this, suggesting it is been a beneficial move. If not for the overt symbolism my dreams have shown, the fact that they have been more vivid is also a good sign. ive no doubt that not ejaculating and conserving sexual energy goes a long way in strenghtening the subtle body.
    My music and martial arts practise also have utilsed this excess energy to enhance my performance. I encourage you all to experiement with this if you are on the path of self cultivation. Infact ejaculation for the old Taosists was a big NO NO, and Brahmacharya (celibacy) is one of the fundamentals of yoga.

Again Im speaking from a single persons perspective here, and am suggesting ONLY that masturbation and ejaculation should be avoided. If your already in a relationship, well its up to you weather to research it further.

Heres 2 free Ebooks on the subject...

http://www.dlshq.org/download/brahma...#_Toc441557026

http://hariomgroup.net/hariombooks/s...ernalYouth.htm

Re: STOP masturbating NOW.

hmmm... i'd rather suggest that folk regulate their activities, instead of stop altogether.
    doesn't the little sperm factory just keep on producing the product?
    what happens when the store-rooms are full up?
    surely opening the floodgates from time to time is advisable?

and i'd guess that there is such a thing as too much sexual energy...

tho in honesty, i've never really experimented with a long term abstinence on that front, so i'm only guessing here.
    i think as in all things, what's good for one, may not be for another.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

I suppose that it is certainly humanly possible to "STOP masturbating NOW".

this would seem to be about conservation of energies though, where in the mind there is a sense of lack in nonrecognition of abundance.

and as Neil said, what happens to the system which provides this ejaculatory release? an engorged prostate, speaking as a male, would certainly lead to incontinence. I know because i've endured an engorged prostate before, during a lengthy time of non-ejaculation in my mid thirtys.

i imagine that a healthy spiritual journey is one respective of all human attributes which provide one with the journey. self denial can in no way gather understanding of what a self is. being inclusive of the 'self', one therein arriving at an understanding, realizes their true nature of balance within all things lovingly considered.

we live in an age where the soul is in revolt against the bodily vessel, it wrestling to be free. yet, the soul must wrestle and in that purge outwardly that which is not blamable upon the body, that which on it's way out also purifies the bodily vessel; for this bodily vessel is not the inglorious prison which would hold one against their will; it is in point of fact that point wherein one may exact personal will; and without the body there is no place from which or within for the soul to have its being.

this soul is between a rock and a hard place, and though it has long despisingly recognized the hard place, it yet has not come to recognize the rock. that rock as substance from one endless substantiality, that mountain of consciousness which all remains to be within, which without neither could there be a hard place or bodily vessel.

as any realtor would say, "location, location, location". without location there is non-location. perhaps there are some whom view this non-location as the euphoric height of their destiny; yet why would a destiny lead to one becoming as nothing. that's hardly a destiny worth pursuing.

this whole game, often mislabeled as spiritual pursuit, is none other than a writhing well wished grasp for sovereignty that as a singular rock would think to claim a mountain of substantiality gifting all rocks.

such a pursuit is driven by self denial and ascetic rituals that would make profane the true discipleship that is by birthright to every human being. such pursuits would gather together behind cloistered walls to subject all whom may come to initiatory advancements.

this has served through time without argument, with chant that has held our common human cause toward peace. yet, if we but look, these cloistered bodies are aging out in an age inclusive to all.

the water pours for all, and all shall awaken as they are, arriving as they are for better or for worse, no matter; for every human is cut from the same mountainous origin, and in being so are worthy beyond worldy measures or timed out initiatory rituals.

it is a 'come free' for each in every of one. and in this time it may seem as if all is/are coming unhinged, because that is exactly what it is, the doors latched and locked in growing fear to be taken off at the very hinges.

an analogy would be as one driving down the four lane, and for miles they've had to pee, the sign coming up says 30 miles to the next rest stop, so they manage to hold their water till them; and then when the closeness of arrival is at hand the bladder having been pushed to it's ever lovin maximum now crys out for release, so the driver hurriedly pulls into the rest stop, gets out and runs for the restroom, barely gettin their pants open in time to give release to what has been in unreasonable discipline held too very long.

this is where we are, just having passed the sign, squirming about in our car seats trying to maintain some control.

for myself, i will stand as my self, it is good enough to be just as i am arriving. i will not bow down to any time honored traditions or ritualistic absurdities ever again. clearly the sign has been established, it saying "Ichabod" upon the whole global affair fleeced while we slept in our darkness.

what is you is yours, and what is yours is you. no time to turn back to see what might have been forgotten. the time is come to look forward and see what will be re-membered.

signs, signs, everywhere the signs....stop now and see the signs. time to pull over and take a long awaited release, a leak at the 'rest' stop.

tis a road without end, a way wherein we all are equally of.

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

From what I seem to recall, even the book "The Science of Getting Rich" talks about starting to conserve sexual energy in the thirties. It isn't about lack of abundance or some sort of sexual poverty consciousness.

Blog Entries

http://www.4-men.org/masturbation-preve ... ancer.html

As everything, stopping doing something completely that is natural is not a balanced healthy way to live. Sexual expression is a natural part of being human, and denying yourself is not about health, or about purity, or about anything positive- it is about 'spiritual pride' and ego self-elevation.
    Celibacy is not a natural way to live, and very few people (especially males) can follow it throughout their lives successfully without having something else make up for it- alcohol abuse or other types of outlets come to mind. Why do you think that child abuse is so rampant amongst priests?
    In my opinion, any religious or social construct that tells you to deny a part of your natural life is about control of some sort.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Healthy sexuality is a good thing and I don't think anyone would suggest getting rid of it to be more spiritual. There is only a problem when sexual experience becomes compulsive or twisted in some way and it is not satisfying. In that case, it may be better to stop and break the cycle as a step toward fixing the problems. Once that is done, it is possible to resume a normal and natural sex life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WanderRA
    Im speaking from a single persons perspective here, and am suggesting ONLY that masturbation and ejaculation should be avoided.
    As I'm quite happily married and I don't ejaculate, I guess I don't need to worry about it.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I think this is a myth, the whole celibacy thing or the retaining of sperm or whatever.

BTW, the Daoists surely were not on one page about this. There is Daoist sexual Yoga that does not call for avoiding ejaculation at all. Like so many things it has a nice-sounding theory, but that does not make it true. (Or wrong.)

Oliver

i wasn't aware that any book, or books, had written in them the manual for being human. makes no sense to quote 'books' here. this is about common sense that frees the human to be.

each to his/her own, yet in that, the question remains, is each doing in and of their own; or are they allowing someone else's ideology to define every feeling that they may express. to express takes investment of energy.

anywho, it seems pointless to pursue this topical debate without the lubricant of common sense applied. pun intended.

looking at my above reply! my goodness...I do go on.

I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

dreamosis Guest

Just a thought, but it might be good practice to try to maintain dream awareness and keep up energy work, while you are sexually active (through masturbation or otherwise).

Of course it's easier to recall dreams or access subtle abilities while you're celibate: you have more energy available. But you might be in a situation one day where you have less energy available to you due to something besides sexual activity -- like illness or physical injury. What I'm saying is, wouldn't it be good practice to try to maintain higher awareness and develop abilities while you are energetically taxed? If your awareness and abilities depend on big, free reserves of energy, what will happen you find yourself sapped?

Awareness and abilities do depend on having lots of energy, but not totally so.

Also, it could be that the sharpness and vitality felt from refraining from sex has a mostly physical basis. Couldn't it be a spike in sex hormones that make you feel so vital? I believe testosterone levels rise in men when they refrain from ejaculating (not that testosterone is lost in ejaculation). Higher testosterone might be correlated in some way to subtle awareness.

This is such a personal thing. Personally, I feel happier and much more relaxed if I ejaculate regularly. Well, that's somewhat true. If I orgasm regularly -- which, for me, includes ejaculating. I have noticed a connection between low sexual activity and increased higher awareness -- but I see a much, much stronger connection between concentration and hard work and increased higher awareness than I do between having high energy and higher awareness.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast