Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: STOP masturbating NOW.

Blog Entries

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    i wasn't aware that any book, or books, had written in them the manual for being human. makes no sense to quote 'books' here. this is about common sense that frees the human to be.

anywho, it seems pointless to pursue this topical debate without the lubricant of common sense applied. pun intended.

Hahahhahahahahahhhahaha!!! I loved it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

2. Re: STOP masturbating NOW.

I appreciate the replies folks.. and my OP was really in regards to being single, I think being in a loving relationship is balancing enough to give you all the energy you need.

But my experience tells me that as a single person I can either-

1) masturbate and suffer depleted energy (symptoms of which are easier to recognise after a long period of abstinence) weaker dreams, less bounce in my step and having trouble looking hot girls in the eye.

2) not masturbate and experience all the positive benefits I described in my OP.

boris Guest

Re: STOP masturbating NOW.

I've just upped by daily masturbation routine to 10 sets of 300 reps and my visualisation skills are coming on no end.

dreamosis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WanderRA
    weaker dreams, less bounce in my step and having trouble looking hot girls in the eye.
    What do you mean by "weaker dreams" exactly? In what way are your dreams stronger when you don't masturbate? Could it be that your memories of your dreams are just vivider and more complete? Just wondering.

As far as bounce in your step and looking girls in the eye...again, I just think this thing is so personal. Of course I've felt tired before from masturbating, but generally I'd have to say that I'm more relaxed after orgasm (and the flood of endorphins) and have more bounce and, I'd say, feel more confident around women. It's just so personal. Also -- not to segue too far into non-energy-related stuff -- but not all ejaculation is created equal. Sometimes my orgasms are deep and blinding and I get a mighty endorphin rush; sometimes ejaculation is unremarkable -- more like a sneeze. Those type of small-or-no-orgasm ejaculations are more tiring for me. It depends on how I do it, the state of my body and mind.

Dear folks,

I've always tried to stop but the temptation has simply been too big. And it is actually easy to shape off but the temptation is simply big.
    it is especially big after 10-20 minutes of energy work based meditation when some of the energy collected is beginning to express in sexual ways. The more energy work I would do throughout the day, the more I would feel tempted to masturbate during or after.

One thing is for sure to me, sleep deprivation (even staying up 4-6 hours longer than one should) is much worse in comparison. Sleep deprivation will truely deprive you and your reserve storages from energy.
    Napping after a meditation often also ends up bad. Apparently there are energy pirates at the gates of sleep looking for those unusual cases of entering the sleep world while they have a lot of energy and then they work to exploit them by messing up their dreams and such.
    I think masturbation can't compare to both of these on the scale in terms of energy loss.
    In fact I think that 10 minutes of energy work could probably replenish the energy loss from a recent masturbation. There are even some who claim that you can't OBE for as much as a week after a masturbation session.
    I think unwanted excess energy should be easily expelled by means of an activated crown chakra, so there's no need to masturbate it off.

kind regards,

Paul

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by boris
    I've just upped by daily masturbation routine to 10 sets of 300 reps and my visualisation skills are coming on no end.
    *dies, twice*

Alaskans Guest

It is crazy to say that you dont loose energy from it. How could it be possible that you do not? Certainly we all agree on that.

It feels wrong to say negative things about anything, masterbating as well. That is because it is wrong. Far worse than the energy lost in ejaculation is any negative ideas or guilt about it. I should know, I've lived under the tyranical shadow of such ideas most of my life. Therefore it is best to strip away all negative conceptions of an act so that we can see the raw, basic truth of it. Even then, we can change the usual order of things; we can reclaim the energy, or not expell it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Celibacy is not a natural way to live
    Humans, dolphins, and (maybe) monkeys are the only creatures who orgasm for fun.

very few people (especially males) can follow it throughout their lives successfully without having something else make up for it- alcohol abuse or other types of outlets come to mind. Why do you think that child abuse is so rampant amongst priests?
    I would say less than 1% of males outside of a monestary can successfully accomplish real celebacy.
    Celebacy is a priveledge, not a requirement, neccecity, or path to enlightenment. NOBODY can EVER be forced into it, be it by others or the celebate himself.
    There is only one way to be celebate: to recognise and accept that sexuality is part of you, and (most essential) you simply do not care about sexuality. Total sexual apathy.
    This doesnt sound like a good thing to some, but it is. Sexuality finds a new path, it is transformed and expressed in other, less physical, and more benevolent ways. I will not go into it because it will seem I am saying sexuality is a bad thing. Infact, sexuality never goes away, it is only that in true celebacy one is apathetic to its lower forms, allowing it to surface in other ways.

Blog Entries

Humans, dolphins, and (maybe) monkeys are the only creatures who orgasm for fun.
    I am not sure how that follows what I said- the sexual impulse is universal amongst animals that use sexual reproduction, no one is talking about sex for fun. And, BTW, Bonobo chimpanzees orgasm 'for fun', to use the phrase you chose.

But that is unrelated to what I said. Celibacy is not natural for animals, and even animals that only mate twice a year, are following their instinct- their natural instinct- and the human being's instinct is to have sex all year, not seasonally, simply because the human female does not go into season, the human female is sexually available all year -which is why we get periods every month, and not 'heat', like other animal females.

The fact is that animals not only use sex for reproduction, some animals use it for social control also- wolves, who function in a tiered society, where only the alpha male and the alpha female are allowed to mate, lions, and other animals, such as the bonobo chimps that use it for recreation and as rewards for peaceful behavior- social control.

To say that masturbation indicates some 'perverse desire for fun', is to be short sighted and frankly, judgmental, and that may be the only characteristic that separates us from the rest of the animals.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I also have to wonder what, precisely, is wrong with having fun, anyway? Most other kinds of "fun" (going on a roller coaster, watching a movie, eating something with little nutritional value but lots of deliciousness, and on and on) are not singled out for being "unspiritual". What is it about masturbation that makes it so special?

I've been celibate, by choice. I've also been monogamous (am now), polyamorous, promiscuous, and various other shades and labels regarding sexual behaviour. While I do certainly understand that preoccupation with sex (including masturbation) can be a drain on one's time and energy and divert one's focus, preoccupation with pretty much anything can do that. I don't really see why masturbation (or, indeed, sex) is singled out as a distraction.

In my experience, it's only a problem if it's a problem.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Alaskans Guest

phew abnormal amount of defensiveness
    Just giving wandererRA's view a chance and offering an alternate viewpoint, it shouldnt be automaticly dismissed without further discussion. This is a topic I've gone over in my mind for 10 years.

and the human being's instinct is to have sex all year, not seasonally, simply because the human female does not go in season, the human female is sexually available all year -which is why we get periods every month
    Good point.
    no one is talking about sex for fun.
    >confused look< It's not because we decide we like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    I've been celibate, by choice. I've also been monogamous (am now), polyamorous, promiscuous, and various other shades and labels regarding sexual behaviour. While I do certainly understand that preoccupation with sex (including masturbation) can be a drain on one's time and energy and divert one's focus, preoccupation with pretty much anything can do that. I don't really see why masturbation (or, indeed, sex) is singled out as a distraction.
    I, on the other hand, have only experienced one of those. I value your insight and trust you know much more about it than me. (I dont single it out, its just one of countless 'distractions' I give up)

When I asked if I should follow through with my sacrafice I got (rider) the 5 of cups(body/present), death(mind/future), then 3 of wands(soul/outcome).. thats one, very clear, opinion.

I do not see the value of finding a lover without if I have not found one within. And to need is to be unfulfilled. But perhaps you can share your wisdom and provide me death.

Why isnt sharing energy with someone good enough? Isnt the balancing and learning between male/female, and the life energy created the point of their interaction? I want to hear why such intolerance for the idea of living without physical sex/masterbation.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast