Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Afterimage vs Aura - Proof

Moonchild Guest

Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painterhypnogirl
    Chris,
    What about the possiblility that we all created this existence together, and then chose to forget? There are ways to create reality and then there are ways to create reality. I see your point about science being a minority v. religion, but what if that is the reality we chose and now have forgotten in order to experience? I know, I know, I'm back to the All is God thing, but I can't get past that. It's the only thing that makes sense to me in this senseless world.
    I accept this is a possibility too. I guess I don’t take it seriously as yet (i.e. I have no personal proof to back it up for me) because it just seems too convenient an explanation. For me at least, this idea comes from other authors or as an extrapolation of other peoples (unverified) spiritual beliefs. It can also argue away anything. Mention a scientific fact which counters a spiritual truth, and you usually get the argument “reality is created by consciousness, including science and the brain, so I’m right” i.e. “the fact you put forth is just a side effect of maintaining a collective reality and so I will dismiss it”.
    It seems to be a get out clause for deeper thinking about science, reality, and the mind.

It could be true though, but it would be nice to think that ultimately there would be a way to find out either way rather than having to live a life based on belief and nothing more.

Ps. Perhaps this line of thinking is what makes sense to me right now, so I persue it, but it might be totally untrue .

Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordofthebunnies
    After reading through these and a couple other threads on aura's, I'm wondering if perhaps seeing auras is not actually independant of regular sight. Paranormal abilities need not be 100% separate from ordinary functions, i.e chi kung.

What might be productive is to see if those who see auras can figure out things that a person with non-auric sight isn't capable of, though nothing comes to mind at the moment...
    I agree . I'm not sure if i'm being selfish to want 'objective' proofs of these abilities, but I think it would go a far way into understanding them. I also agree that many paranormal might have their roots in the physical (but do have attributes which put them above it).

Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I just recently read an article about a book in which the author proposes that the 'scientific movement' gained acceptance because of the idea that had become prevalent in which Nature came to be seen as repeatable and predictable because, not in spite of the belief that if God created the Universe, then it would be seen as a 'clockwork' mechanism, stable and measurable, and that view of the universe became popular because of the spread of Christianity. I'm not arguing for this hypothesis (I'm not sure if I agree with it, it could be religious revisionist history). I am mentioning this because if it is true, then there was a paradigm shift in the collective consciousness of the time/region that made it possible for scientific observation to become the standard it has become, and the resistance was coming from political forces, not necessarily from the collective consciousness itself.
    This is a possibility . Do you remember what the book was called?

Blog Entries
    Here's two possibilities:
    Science & the Trinity-Sir John Polkinghorne (my first bet)
    Science & Providence- Same author but I don't think so.

I have to wait 'til Monday to look at the actual publication but I read an excerpt from Science & the Trinity and it read that way. Sir John is a theoretical physicist who left a job at Princeton to be an Anglican Priest, then went back to Princeton to explore the Science & Christianity historical interaction. He is very interesting reading.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Lordofthebunnies wrote:
    What might be productive is to see if those who see auras can figure out things that a person with non-auric sight isn't capable of, though nothing comes to mind at the moment...
    Well, I can tell you that I used to see auras, and sometimes still do, if I'm emotionally engaged with the person I'm talking to (don't ask me why) and I don't know anything. :cry:
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.