What a great post Tim, i'll do my part by quote the post so it sticks around

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
anguish, or inner pain, is often abated by promoting physical pain to one's self.

this takes on many guises, and is deeply psychologically troubling that would express itself violently on the surface to temporarily create the distraction of physical pain, or even paralysis from anguish/pain through chemical addiction.

for myself, psycotherapy, in particular 'dbt', has over the/many years, promoted a better sense of whole self.

i have been lucky, or blessed, to have had some very spiritual minded professionals sitting on the other side of the conversations.

it is terrifying to spill the beans so to speak, telling of all the imaginative malaise within. however, therapists have just about heard it all i reckon, and understand that the human imagination can invent anything in its self-defense.

of course, that's not to say that these experiences dont appear to be real. what is real afterall, but one's ability to see it just so?

'dbt' is good therapy that reflects what one is saying in such a way that one discovers within their own structured terms of life as it appears real to them, the underlying offendee, or accuser/s, which within them is their very injured self.

it isn't about having fault. it is about recognizing one's self as a wholeness having been fractured, perhaps multiple times during life. from there healing and rebonding toward wholeness comes with the ardous labor of self nurture and love.

beyond that amatuer/lay opinion, seek professional help.

every natural disaster is preceded by warning signs. so please, care for yourself enough to ask for help.

we all require help now and again, and there is no shame in being helped, nor guilt in having asked.

if i am way off base, i ask any moderator to quickly delete this entry. thanks

tim

Tutor, there is no sarcasm or criticism in your post. You differ to Josh in your interpretation of events but it seems to me that difference is based on your direct experience and, therefore, your advice is potentially valid. Further, it is offered respectfully. It may, of course, be rejected but I feel leaving it here for other readers is valid and appropriate.
Beekeeper