White wolf, we are coming from two fundamentally different worldviews, so I can't get you to agree with me, but let me explain: You could have gone to every single country and met every single person and it would not matter. Like I said, hardly anyone knows their true nature. Humans on earth are just a grain of sand and what humans can be like is a beach. Reality is an illusion and so anything is possible. It's not about holding fluff-bunny ideas near and dear to my heart, I tend to have a very bleak and cynical view of the world actually, it's a matter of what makes sense to me given my experience.

It doesn't matter if paying attention to tragedy is good for survival, I don't see human nature as being the result of survival of the fittest. People say all the time, this or that is human nature, but no one is truly equipped to judge. People say, "everything thinks like this, everyone does that" and they are just talking about themselves. The way I see it: the world is dark, cruel place that corrupts and twists us and then keeps us that way. We all have a vibration and the general low-vibration environment of earth keeps us low-vibration too using a metaphysical mechanism similar to the way that two pendulum clocks next to each other on the same wall will sync-up in time. I see human nature as passive and moldable, too willing to confuse the negative influences that mold them with their true selves.