Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
I acknowledge phasing/WILDs do involve a kind of conscious exit and yet, in my personal classification scheme I dub them lucid dreams.
Yes, WILDs are lucid dreams, it is short for wake induced lucid dream after all. In my eyes the instruction of the MAP are basically instructions for WILDs - first relax deeply, let your body fall asleep while keeping awareness (usually considered as entering sleep paralysis), move out. Depending on the individual, they either stay in their private dream space or can move also to public astral.

The word phasing I have found used by Frank Kepple, but was actually introduced by Monroe it appears. As I use no techniques, but just shift my awareness, I thought what Frank does describe comes closest to that. Here you can read about what Frank writes on phasing: http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html
When this is done with an awake physical body and mind, I consider it not a lucid dream - at least for me, the mental state is like waking consciousness, just shifted to the energy body. During a lucid dream, the mind does feel somehow a bit sluggish in comparison - even when one might notice that only afterwards, when thinking over ones actions.

People do actually project a lot without being aware of it, that is at least how I do now interpret some of my experiences. In the beginning I thought when "astral travelers" came to visit me, the people would be aware of it. But often it is just a kind of empty representation of a person. Still, it is a projection. But it is not OBE, as the person does not experience being out of body.
Same I agree on your other examples of partial projections, they are not what I consider OBEs.

@Ariel: what you write, that is the basic idea of phasing, how I understand the word