Quote Originally Posted by escargot
I had two lucid-dream type experiences a month or so ago. At the time, I knew nothing about lucid dreaming, or OBEs or anything like that -- following up on these experiences is actually what got me interested in the topic, and it's why I'm working on the MAP program now. The two dreams happened on consecutive nights.

In the first dream, I was sitting on a bus, going somewhere. I bent down to grab at my backpack, but instead of my usual backpack, there was a large military-type duffel bag. I looked up for a bit, wondering what had happened to my backpack. When I looked down again, the duffel bag was gone and had been replaced by my usual pack. I remember thinking "something isn't right here...". I looked up and down again, and the duffel was back. I was shocked and frightened, because I realized that this couldn't happen in the real world, then I heard a loud buzzing noise and was violently yanked awake.

The next night, I had a false awakening. It felt like I had woken up in the middle of the night, and I really wanted to know what time it was. I walked from my bedroom to my computer to check the time, but the computer screen had a big rotating analog clock on it that for some reason I couldn't make sense of. Not a problem, I thought, my VCR has a clock on it too. I turned around to look at the VCR, and the clock readout on it was a bright yellow, and the characters on it looked like Klingon or some such, they weren't numbers at all! I realized that the LEDs on the VCR aren't even capable of displaying such characters, and again got frightened because this couldn't possibly be happening. Almost instantly, the loud buzzing noise came again, and I woke up. Needless to say, I practically ran over to the VCR to check that it was normal.

I don't usually remember many dreams, but since I started keeping a journal (and using affirmations) a few days ago as part of the MAP program, I'm remembering more and more. Still, no matter what crazy things happen to me in dreams (just last night I got into a fight with the mistress of a medieval brothel because she was cheating at roulette), I don't question them. Hopefully now that I know more about lucid dreaming, I can avoid the buzz next time and actually take control.
The buzz might actually be a sign that you are on the edge of an OBE. So don't fight it. Just let it be and go with it...