Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Energy manipulation problems

Wrong Eye Guest
    You sound like you're still accomplishing it though.

In my view, it doesn't matter how you accomplish it or whether you're "doing it correctly", just that you are doing it, and that is something to be proud of.

Blog Entries
    Hello, WrongEye.

I think one of my problems with visualisation is fear. As soon as fear creeps into visualisation work it's hard to refocus, and easy to be distracted. How about you?

I just know if I do an exercise like the one above I can make mistakes and be distracted, but it cannot go haywire like a runaway visualisation, and it can be quickly fixed by reconcentrating.

Ceirwan, in fact the technique I described can be done with the kind of concentration you call "passive" for best results. Sorry I misunderstood your first post so much, in fact I have a similar problem, but fixed it with this. If you have as good concentration as you say, you should be fine with such techniques as I described, it largely depends on what you try to achieve. What do you try to achieve?

About self-esteem: Here some carefully crafted affirmations might be of help, cancelling out the ones you may inadvertently repeat every so often. Usually people with problems with self-esteem tell themselves stuff like "I will not amount to anything", "I'm a failure", etc. This is already affirmation if it becomes a habit of thinking so. Maybe members knowledgeable about hypnosis like TempestInATeapot can make some useful suggestions for how to deal with low self-esteem with self-hypnosis, she is a hypnosis therapist.

Negativity is a problem, as it will unnecessarily hinder you, and benefit you nowhere. It is far from what a sensible self-critique would be, which helps emotional maturity. Instead it is self-destructive. Fix this and a lot of things get better - I'm thinking along the lines "I will recognise my errors, I love myself still".

This will not fix your visualisation problem - there are some deep-running issues and fears running in such stuff usually, which express "themselves" through the subconscious components of images. They resurface in image work most easily, so I recommend for the time being to stop imagining stuff and start feeling stuff, as this has no run-away component.

Again, sorry to have misinterpreted you. As I had the same problem, I should have recognised it when you told about it. I just did not very much remember, since I never thought back to using visualisation techniques as my new ones work so well - for me. A lot of NEW techniques can be done without any imagination at all, it just takes patience, relaxation, and the skill to feel and control energy which comes over time. My personal opinion is that they then work better. This internal feeling skill will stay and is most useful for many things.

BTW, smile a lot when practising. It makes things easier. Helps keeping the inner critic down and sets a positive tone.

Wish you the best and take good care,
    Oliver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirwan
    I can focus on one part of the body i.e. my right thumb and it will feel warm and tingly after a while, my right thumb is easy to do. Some toes i can barely feel when i do it.
    That's exactly the starting point you need. This feeling of warmth comes from blockage release. Lack of feeling and numbness usually comes from blockage. Toes are actually very important, as major energy lines exchange there with the outside, very important for health.

It is simple - just keep on concentrating. Your capacity to feel will increase. If I may be so forward I suggest a book, "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body". It trains these self-feeling techniques and helps me a lot. Unlike NEW, which advertises with "NO Visualisation" and then comes up with visualisations like the bandage in Etheric Wrap, the techniques described therein require no visualisation, just concentration and patience. It may seem a bit boring at first, but it gives you results to no end. Boredom is rarely a problem for me these days, as I feel into the very fibers and blood vessels and nerves of my body and release associated blockages, feel the vitality, feel coming alive again.

This can be even expanded into a full-fledged meditation later on, but for now you seem to still need to work on your body awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceirwan
    Its when it comes to sliding the awareness for stimulation that i encounter
    difficulty, i just can't seem to get it to slide, if i want to go from my thumb to my shoulder i need to focus on major things on the way like my elbow, i can't seem to choose a patch of skin and focus my awareness, if i try either nothing happens or i focus on the entire limb it is part of....
    Ceirwan, if not doing exactly NEW you do not need "sliding awareness". As I said, if you are not comfortable with techniques like bounce, look for different ones. Energy usually travels where you concentrate. If you concentrate on points on the way, energy will have travelled the whole way sooner or later, you just need to be aware of the energy enough to feel some of its moving.

Energy usually trails awareness, unless you are really, really unblocked. Your thumb/toe description for me does not fit this bill. So you will have some inertia when moving energy as it hits and loosens very minor blockages.

Over time you will be able to fixate more points along the intended line quicker and quicker and it will become continuous, and then you can move smoothly and if you have stabilised that skill, bounce, if you still desire to.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with targetting an entire limb. As long as you keep your concentration, things all over the limb will start releasing. It takes time, especially where you are numb.

Oliver

Wrong Eye Guest
    Fear is almost the entire reason why a visualization or astral sight or perception or... etc. can quickly turn nasty (or nightmarish nasty) for me. I've actually learned to shut down some things and/or develop alternative ways of percieving astral stuff just to keep from going through a horrible "reality".

I do not see on the astral, except through what one nonhuman described as "seeing without seeing"- mental images of astral stuff, sometimes like 2-D pictures or even pure mental images. Nonthreatening and totally thought with no substance or power.

I have the ability to sense, that is all. Touch on the astral is not necessarily conscious, either.

My mental perception has problems, so I compensate. What I imagine can seem so real that even though I know it is not real, I have emotional reactions to it as if it was, even though it is all a construct of my own mind.

That's why I said it is important to learn to differentiate what is not real from what is, even on the astral. *smiles sheepishly*

Blog Entries
    This sounds wonderful and inspiring, WrongEye, thank you!

It may fix some of my problems as well.

Oliver

Wrong Eye Guest
    You're welcome, I am trying to do what I can, and I go through these things on a regular basis.

Now, I have a question.

My own way of taming this fear is to trust God and trust my own astral and intent and that I am still on the physical and/or I can return at any point if I am not.

But the question is, how to prevent this (the fear, the nasty stuff)?

Blog Entries
    Fear is mostly blockage in your emotional body, where former fear has solidified and now prevents to experience new situations freely. It's not unusual to feel fear when we encounter unexpected and unknown things, but if we repress fear, if we do not deal with it, its emotional energy does not get released and solidifies.

Many ways that access the original fear should work, as for example counselling. If you can handle the fear when reencountering it on your own meditation is a good tool, and there are some meditation methods to dig into the higher energy bodies. The physical and etheric bodies are less subtle, our deeper seated personality issues in the remainder of our 8 energy bodies, emotional being the first, need some sensibility training to be touchable and resolvable in meditation. There are some books again I can suggest, but every technique that brings you back in touch with feelings and brings you back to the source of the feeling and makes you accept and release it may work, so there are lots of options actually.

I'm in the process of doing this myself, and it is not easy. For me it is anger and fear mostly. It takes time, and cannot be rushed. It is reversing the inner process, restoring all the energy that went into neurosis and repressing stuff while avoiding to accumulate new stuff that draws energy. You may have an easier time than me, or a harder, I cannot guess.

What do you look for in a technique? Maybe I know one that may be of help to you, even though my knowledge is limited and my experience much more so.

Oliver

Wrong Eye Guest
    I'm looking for something that produces results (meaning connection and emotions and insights) quickly and safely, without a chance of going out of control, and perhaps a technique for relief of emotional pain (to relieve the pain that will be brought up).

That's all I require in a technique.

Blog Entries
    Well, WrongEye, quickly and safely? That's a dichotomy mostly, you know. You have to sacrifice one for the other to some extent. It's all shades of grey in between.

What I am doing is very safe, but somewhat slow. Other techniques may be quicker, but may get you burned. I do not know anything that is safe and quick, else I'd do that. I don't believe such a thing exists, anyway.

Dealing with emotions requires you as a personality to be able to do it. It is the same kind of maturity you need every day to take responsibility for things, to face things down you are aware that need to be done, to rely on yourself. If you have that in you or struggle to obtain it, and think it worthwhile, what I am doing may be interesting to you as well.

In "my" technique if blockages are followed to their resolution, release happens and things are looking up from then on. Also I have some techniques related to this that can grant some relief, but I think that is temporarily while trying to achieve the former. There's no real quick fix.

I have spent times after my energy work very angry or fearful, and still do, but I realised that this is part of the release. When the release happens, these things go. This process can be eased and supplemented by other stuff, and it will get smoother over time, but facing the issue and the emotion cannot be avoided in the long run if you wish to accomplish anything lasting. Energy work can be a tool to access these deep-seating difficulties, and a tool in helping resolve them, but in itself it will not resolve it if you cannot face the music, so to say.

Growth, especially sustained growth, and obtaining true strength, have never been easy. But someone like you with already using sensing should have pretty much a foot in the door.

The technique I follow release stuff piece-meal, and when you stick with it, you will release at your own end. You may sometimes bite off a bit beyond your capacity, and feel a bit overwhelmed, but never actually overwhelmed, as the technique is safe if you adhere to the rules.

Oliver

dslandolfe Guest