Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what to read to learn magic(k)?

starlight Guest

what to read to learn magic(k)?

I’ve been doing energy work for a while and I am now interested in learning a little more magic. I saw the book on High Magick By Frater U. D online, would anyone recommend it or have other recommendations?
    Thank you

Re: what to read to learn magic(k)?

Instead of jumping in right away, why not do something specific like working with seeing auras for a bit, or improving your concentration? Meditation is a good place to begin, too, even if it won't feel as much like a measurable ability.

starlight Guest

I can see a little auras and I have been doing a lot of meditation. Maybe a little too much =) even the people that do meditate a lot thinks I meditate too much. Kundalini has raised twice, I can see my own chakra, sometimes remote view and project at will, I'm not sure how all this matters but it feels like I should to take another step. Is this like jumping in too deep too fast? I read a few pages online but haven't bought the book. Is it a book to start with to understand a more in depth concept?
    Thanks

You could try the technique here ...

http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/ ... 313.0.html

If you like it you'll find that there is a great deal of material there that can guide you along based on Hermetics. I can definitely understand wanting a more structured approach.

starlight Guest

Thanks Tom,
    wow there's so much information and so many different types of magick... this may sound like a silly question =) which type of would be easiest to learn and can give an overall view? (sounds like picking a major lol)
    I'm not sure if get the question right, is it better to start with Hermetics than elemental magick (like calling for elements)?
    thank you

I feel that IIH by Franz Bardon is an excellent scaffolding to begin pathworking in any branch of magick .

From there I believe you should read as you will developing your own truth as you go .

As for me , I found the Bible , Kaballahistic Meditation , Zohar and All manners of Hermetic Magick and Alchemy books to my liking .
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

Ouroboros Guest

I have to second the recommendation for Initiation Into Hermetics. Bardon's work is an excellent way to form a base from which you can branch out. Even though I haven't really gotten to any of the practical work yet, the theory in the beginning was still a great help to me.

Timotheus Guest

Ouroboros Guest

You have such an interesting style of expression, Timotheus. Quite poetic in it's delivery, but a little difficult to grasp on a skim.

It may take a long time to truly understand the deepest of meanings within a text, but that does not mean there is no meaning on the surface. While the self may be the greatest source of wisdom of all, there are many (like me, for instance) who do not know what the self is and seek clues and keys in books and teachings, hoping to find a light to guide us to where we already are.

At least, imo, tbqh.

Timmie!!!!!!

dude!

we MUST share a cup of warm beverage some time!!!

it was not until somebody told me that i would hurt myself by riding my bike off the roof, that i broke my foot!

/rick
    -
    A tout le monde, A tous mes amis, Je vous aime, Je dois partir
    in loving memory of Aaron, 1982-2000
    I'm proud of what you have become!