Thread: Dreaming the dreamer & dream friends

Dreaming the dreamer & dream friends

Another experience.

The other night, I fell asleep on the sofa repeating "I project from my body and remember everything", after reading "The Art of Dreaming" by Carlos Castenada, a favourite author of mine.

I found myself, dreaming and lucid in a house, just a normal house, no-one was around. I lay down on the sofa and felt the strong sensation of being sucked into my stomach area as the projection reflex kicked in (it often seems to happen like this, projection from inside a dream). Next thing, people start coming out of rooms in the same house - old friends I havent seen for ages, it seems. None of these people I know in "real life" yet I knew them all in my "dream life". More, I could remember past experiences we had shared together, I knew them all so well. Greetings and hugs were exchanged and a fair old party ensued.

I woke up on the sofa in "real life" with a big smile on my face.

Who are these "dream friends". Do we really have multiple lives, one in the "real world" and a whole other one in the "other" world (the "second attention" as Don Juan would call it) ?

In light
    Jasis

Blog Entries

Re: Dreaming the dreamer & dream friends

Quote Originally Posted by jasis
    Who are these "dream friends". Do we really have multiple lives, one in the "real world" and a whole other one in the "other" world (the "second attention" as Don Juan would call it) ?
    These were probably other souls you used to incarnate with. Hence why they feel like "old friends" - while they are discarnate, you are incarnate now, but you made contact.

Oliver

sounds like a really nice experience.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Thanks for all the comments

Regarding the first part, falling asleep on my sofa and then falling asleep on another sofa in the dream - and the resulting "dream-projection". I wonder if there is any significance in "positions". In the "real world" I fell asleep in the same position (left side, knees bent) as I did inside the dream. Funny thing was, a few days later I finished "The Art of Dreaming" and read about the idea of the "twin dreaming positions". That is, to get "coherence" or a "fixation of the assemblage point", one should aim to fall asleep inside a dream in the same position as one fell asleep in the "real world". In this case, that is exactly what had happened and the result was indeed a projection-like event leading to a very real experiencing of the dream house. The epsisode continued until I ran out of energy. Can't be correlated to my reading on the "twin dreaming positions" as I only read that a few days after the event.

A lot of food for thought. Or am I nuts

Blog Entries

So, is this supposed to be a dream technique to initiate a projection from a lucid dream?

I never have much problem switching out of lucid dreams - that happens instantly for me. I usually just have problems getting to that degree of lucidity to realise "Yes, I dream!" and "Yes, I can!" without waking up either.

Or did I get you wrong?

Oliver

Yes, it's a technique from "The Art of Dreaming".

It's hard enough to become aware in my dreams, let alone carry out specific instructions. The other day I had the ludicrous sight of a cricketer wearing cricket pads - except that all I could see was the pads! This at least was enough to grab my attention and made me realise.... Ah... a dream! I have to laugh at some of the funny items that dreams throw up, trying to grab your awareness