Thread: Curtain of ectoplasm

sono Guest

Curtain of ectoplasm

For the second time, I dreamt of a ragged, yellowish, narrow "curtain of ectoplasm" that unrolled out of the sky in front of me - there were round holes in it & it seemed to be about 3 inches thick. . I was amazed & pointed it out to my dream companion, saying I had actually dreamed this event before. . . . .

Previous to this, there was something I can't quite recall concerning a book about the 10th Dimension where "all is darkness" but there were unopenend gifts waiting there for me. . . . .feel strongly I should share these images, but I really don't know why!

Blog Entries

Re: Curtain of ectoplasm

Hello, sono.

I wonder - can you see astral entities while being awake sometimes?

Be well,
    Oliver

sono Guest

Hi Oliver, yes, I can but not at will (annoyingly!)
    Thanks!

All the best

Blog Entries

Hello, sono.

Arthur E. Powell summarises theosophical teachings that say that there is a sort of energetic membrane that prevents usually astral sense information and energy to intrude into daily life. Some individuals pierce this membrane involuntarily through substance abuse, for example. Some have a different experience due to the way they are born or set up for this life. This might include mediums for example. Some may have pierced intentionally through use of hallucinogens or directed energetic practices. There's really a lot of ways how this could happen.

I think this "ragged curtain" could be the reason behind this "sometimes you do, sometimes you don't" way of your astral vision during the day. This membrane is said to be of "astral matter," IIRC. I doubt there would be an appropriate mental association to translate such a term into dream experience for you, but in my opinion "ectoplasm" is as close as it gets! I think ectoplasm might be something like "etheric matter," actually. Close enough to be interpreted, I'd say.

The astral body has - again according to Powell - the power of magnification. So you look at this fine film of astral matter in large magnification as if it were larger than it is.

Just a speculation.

Be well,
    Oliver

sono,

the only book that would (correctly) cover 10 levels/steps of the ladder/dimensions and Curtain, is the Zohar - Book of Splendour.

not sure about this "ectoplasm" though, which seems as a 'subjective' word for myself.

however, these 10 as as 5 and 5, a redundancy of 5, where 5 are dark and 5 are light, as say below and above. gifts unseen in the darkness would in clarity reveal themselves in the light.

this is because, other than the dark/light, these 5 and 5 are one and the same place, as to say the 5 of dark are as the perfect shadowed pattern of a tree, and the 5 of light are the tree.

but, that's just an analogy to help understand the seeming difference, as these 5 and 5 bear the same coding, but may also be seen as 'sow and reap'.

i dont suppose that there is one natural anology that isnt aligned with this scheme or blue print, for from it all of nature is expressed, and in being expressed has long been variously named.

but in those ancient names i see no "ectoplasm", but i have seen reference to a lining, as in the womb or placenta, which is the curtain which feeds, oft pictorialized as having pomegranites profusely hanging within the curtain. but, even the pomegranite serves as analogy.

interesting stuff...

cool dream, thanks for sharing.

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

sono Guest

Thanks for thought-provoking input, Korpo & Tutor. . . I grew up under a Theosophist grandmother (!) so I suppose some of the imagery would stay with me - & where can I get a copy of the book you mention, Zohar- the book of Splendour, Tutor? And if you don't mind my asking, are you a mage, or a perhaps Gnostic scholar ?

Quote Originally Posted by sono
    Thanks for thought-provoking input, Korpo & Tutor. . . I grew up under a Theosophist grandmother (!) so I suppose some of the imagery would stay with me - & where can I get a copy of the book you mention, Zohar- the book of Splendour, Tutor? And if you don't mind my asking, are you a mage, or a perhaps Gnostic scholar ?
    sono,

just google zohar. this book/s is in the mainstream these lighted days.

in answer to your question, I am just me, which is none of the above or any other titles for that matter.

i certainly am not a literalist, however, i do try the non-literalist approach.

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home