Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle View Post
R@ndi's written normally is censored here, don't ask me why...
Oh, I can aswer that. It's because his obnoxious fanboyz sometimes like to Google the web and find mentions of his name in communities like this one, and then turn up en masse and start flame wars. This hasn't been a problem here lately, but in times past, it most certainly was, and it was extremely disruptive. Hence the censoring of the name. It's not that we care if people talk about him, it's that we don't want to attract that kind of negative attention and those kinds of negative people. It's probably not that much of an issue these days on this board, though it was on the previous system, but it remains a policy for historical and slightly paranoid reasons.

On the original topic, skeptics, I don't give a flying fig about any of them. They can believe or disbelieve whatever they want. It doesn't affect or change my considerable experience. I don't try to convince anyone of anything, because it generally only reinforces their beliefs. They can't change my views. Why would I care about changing theirs?

By the way, look into the work of Dean Radin some time. He's got years and years of verifiable, peer-reviewed studies on various psi phenomena. His position is that the scientific/academic world is simply not open to any suggestion of psi phenomena, no matter how well a study is conducted or whether the results can be replicated, etc. It goes against the biases and beliefs of the majority of those in the field of science, so they won't even look at it or consider it, and dismiss it entirely as bunk and nonsense. (I have to warn you, Dean Radin is an extremely dry speaker and writer, with the flattest, most uninspiring delivery you can imagine, but the information he's got to share is worth pushing past the yawn factor. There are some talks of his online, and you can find is books on Amazon and elsewhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by heliac View Post
One of the things i've noticed so far about OBE is that you don't need to believe in it in order for it to occur.
The same can be said of hauntings. Hauntings are a common phenomenon, and they happen to all kinds of people, from the most disbelieving to the most avid of ghost lovers, and everyone in between. It's a non-discriminatory paranormal experience. The only difference is in the interpretation of the experience.