PDA

View Full Version : Astral depression

asa isar
26th February 2006, 06:12 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my name is Alex. I have been practicing yoga meditation for sometime and had some successes as far as personal development. All my experiences were firmly grounded in the body. I recently have been trying to astrally project. I found myself fully lucid the other morning and found I was able to stabalise by looking at my hands. In the excitement I had a good old explore. THe landscape was a take on my own neighbourhood. I flew through someones roof and tried to communicate with a father and son who seemed to be under duress from a middle aged woman.THere was a point when I thought, I've been out a long time.. 'oh know , how am I going to get back?' I felt the separation keenly. I remembered that just by remembering my body I should return to it. I did and woke up, and I excitedly wrote down my experience. Soon afterwards though I found myself utterly lost in my head.Everything has been stained by this absolute separation.
Perhaps I stayed out too long, or went sideways?I have read that it is best to always rise? The moon was definately waning. I have felt teary all day today.All my yoga experiences seem to be lost under this terrible dispersion. I 'm sorry this is not so positive as most of the forums on here. I just felt I had to put it out there in the hope of some friendly advice.
thanks

27th February 2006, 08:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my name is Alex. I have been practicing yoga meditation for sometime and had some successes as far as personal development. All my experiences were firmly grounded in the body. I recently have been trying to astrally project. I found myself fully lucid the other morning and found I was able to stabalise by looking at my hands. In the excitement I had a good old explore. THe landscape was a take on my own neighbourhood. I flew through someones roof and tried to communicate with a father and son who seemed to be under duress from a middle aged woman.THere was a point when I thought, I've been out a long time.. 'oh know , how am I going to get back?' I felt the separation keenly. I remembered that just by remembering my body I should return to it. I did and woke up, and I excitedly wrote down my experience. Soon afterwards though I found myself utterly lost in my head.Everything has been stained by this absolute separation.
Perhaps I stayed out too long, or went sideways?I have read that it is best to always rise? The moon was definately waning. I have felt teary all day today.All my yoga experiences seem to be lost under this terrible dispersion. I 'm sorry this is not so positive as most of the forums on here. I just felt I had to put it out there in the hope of some friendly advice.
thanks
I urge you to pray to Blessed Alphonsa of India. Her intercession is very powerful, for she suffered herself. I shall pray as well.

Blessed Alphonsa, praise the Lord...
For His mercy endures forever!
See Blessed Alphonsa in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Alphonsa) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Alphonsa)…

Beekeeper
28th February 2006, 07:30 AM
You know what, I'm glad it's not positive. I'm feeling like ♥♥♥♥ today. I'm sick of reading the wonders of NEW. Personally, I just want to escape the endless cycle of rebirth. If I can discover how to do that, I will do it.

I do hope you're feeling better soon though. :wink:

(P.s. I do a sideways float thing too. Didn't know it was undesirable though.)

sash
28th February 2006, 10:08 AM
There are always positive and negative experiences, I hope you have a better experience next time.

28th February 2006, 07:00 PM
You know what, I'm glad it's not positive. I'm feeling like ♥♥♥♥ today. I'm sick of reading the wonders of NEW. Personally, I just want to escape the endless cycle of rebirth. If I can discover how to do that, I will do it.

I do hope you're feeling better soon though. :wink:

(P.s. I do a sideways float thing too. Didn't know it was undesirable though.)
Why so down? Life is Fantastic!

And what's this about going sideways? What's that supposed to mean?

Beekeeper
2nd March 2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, life's great and I'm a resilient person most the time but I'd just backed into someone's car before I posted. The day before, I got a $15000 tax bill. (New tax that the government just plucked out of the ether). So, I felt an afinity with Alex for the moment.

Enough about me. I'm done with feeling sorry for myself (trivial stuff in the grand scheme). How are you now Alex? :?:

asa isar
2nd March 2006, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with car and tax Bill. Hope you've managed to sort it out.
I'm feeling better guys, thanks for asking. I went to see a healer who helped me a lot. Grounded me.I still feel slightly out of phase but the feeling is not as bad. I am taking things real slowly for now.Not sure what happened other than I wasn't a tough as I thought I was.THink I hit a negative emotional pocket in my own aura that really tore me apart.
THe rising thing-yeah-I have always understood from reading texts written by true adepts that it is always better to rise upwards-the notion up the more spiritual principles up high and the negative ones sinking. Sounds corny but the astral is symbolic and so has a set of rules just like the physical does- a plant has its roots in the earth and flower in the sun.
As I understand it travelling on the astral is risky if there is no firm grounding in understanding it's symbols.THey can become obsessions and spill over into the waking state. Just Like a bad trip. I broke all these rules and have gotton badly bitten-Best text for dealing with the astral is Liber 0, by Aleister Crowley-bit tricky at first but there's some really good advice. I had a friend who suffered in a similar way years ago. He was always flying about, but he had no control and the images obsessed him. He's ok now. I'm sure some people have no problems, and good luck to them.
Anyway-wish i'd read it and taken a little more notice
thanks again for looking out for me.
let me know what you think of liber O(type into google or whatever). Don't be put of by the scary people in hoods at the beginning-was to frighten of negative entities

2nd March 2006, 09:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with car and tax Bill. Hope you've managed to sort it out.
I'm feeling better guys, thanks for asking. I went to see a healer who helped me a lot. Grounded me.I still feel slightly out of phase but the feeling is not as bad. I am taking things real slowly for now.Not sure what happened other than I wasn't a tough as I thought I was.THink I hit a negative emotional pocket in my own aura that really tore me apart.
THe rising thing-yeah-I have always understood from reading texts written by true adepts that it is always better to rise upwards-the notion up the more spiritual principles up high and the negative ones sinking. Sounds corny but the astral is symbolic and so has a set of rules just like the physical does- a plant has its roots in the earth and flower in the sun.
As I understand it travelling on the astral is risky if there is no firm grounding in understanding it's symbols.THey can become obsessions and spill over into the waking state. Just Like a bad trip. I broke all these rules and have gotton badly bitten-Best text for dealing with the astral is Liber 0, by Aleister Crowley-bit tricky at first but there's some really good advice. I had a friend who suffered in a similar way years ago. He was always flying about, but he had no control and the images obsessed him. He's ok now. I'm sure some people have no problems, and good luck to them.
Anyway-wish i'd read it and taken a little more notice
thanks again for looking out for me.
let me know what you think of liber O(type into google or whatever). Don't be put of by the scary people in hoods at the beginning-was to frighten of negative entities
I would think that Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce can't be beaten. But who am I to say?

asa isar
2nd March 2006, 10:29 PM
Hi Sophronicus,thanks again for your kindness to me when I was in trouble. Yes to Robert Bruce. A truly gifted man but a the astral realms although an important aspect of self are only a another vibration of consciousness and equally as deceptive as the material world(they have a sting too-dont I know it!). To master them is a very great achievement but on the scale of attainment they are considered to be a distraction and only useful if they direct the aspirant to disciplined meditation. Most systems of attainment pay little attention to traveling out of the body.
Good for Robert Bruce for helping people wanting to walk in the astral, but he is not a master. He hasn't discovered anything new, just retold ancient systems that are always in the subconscious anyway.THe mastering of the astral planes is one of the first requirements within any serious mystery school, after that the serious work begins. See account of grade system of the argentum Astrum, or Golden Dawn.Robert's descriptions are purely astral experiences, even his experiences of the summer planes etc are still routed firmly within the realms of duality-he observes the feast but does not partake.Astral travel is not transendental. Atainment is beyond the illusion of images.THere is no garuntee of self realisation on the astral. The true adepts are such people as Dion Fortune(see the mystical Qabalah-great book!), Aleister Crowley, Israel Regardie, Madame Blavatsky, Osho, Jesus Christ(in the gnostic sense), Buddha, the guy I met the other day on the train...etc
'THere is a story about a student of the Zen Master Dogen who came to the master and reported that, deep in meditation, he had seen a great white light, in the centre of which was the Buddha. Expecting praise at his spiritual advancement, he was somewhat crestfallen when Dogen replied "That's nice. If you concentrate on your breathing, it will go away." '(Phil Hine, Prime Chaos).
The schools see astral travel as a way of training the mind, nothing more-until life and death are annhilated through union there is only illusion and separation. Just because you are dead or out of the body doesn't mean you are in unity with the divine.
this is therapy for me.Thanks
Alex

3rd March 2006, 02:04 AM
Hi Sophronicus,thanks again for your kindness to me when I was in trouble. Yes to Robert Bruce. A truly gifted man but a the astral realms although an important aspect of self are only a another vibration of consciousness and equally as deceptive as the material world(they have a sting too-dont I know it!). To master them is a very great achievement but on the scale of attainment they are considered to be a distraction and only useful if they direct the aspirant to disciplined meditation. Most systems of attainment pay little attention to traveling out of the body.
Good for Robert Bruce for helping people wanting to walk in the astral, but he is not a master. He hasn't discovered anything new, just retold ancient systems that are always in the subconscious anyway.THe mastering of the astral planes is one of the first requirements within any serious mystery school, after that the serious work begins. See account of grade system of the argentum Astrum, or Golden Dawn.Robert's descriptions are purely astral experiences, even his experiences of the summer planes etc are still routed firmly within the realms of duality-he observes the feast but does not partake.Astral travel is not transendental. Atainment is beyond the illusion of images.THere is no garuntee of self realisation on the astral. The true adepts are such people as Dion Fortune(see the mystical Qabalah-great book!), Aleister Crowley, Israel Regardie, Madame Blavatsky, Osho, Jesus Christ(in the gnostic sense), Buddha, the guy I met the other day on the train...etc
'THere is a story about a student of the Zen Master Dogen who came to the master and reported that, deep in meditation, he had seen a great white light, in the centre of which was the Buddha. Expecting praise at his spiritual advancement, he was somewhat crestfallen when Dogen replied "That's nice. If you concentrate on your breathing, it will go away." '(Phil Hine, Prime Chaos).
The schools see astral travel as a way of training the mind, nothing more-until life and death are annhilated through union there is only illusion and separation. Just because you are dead or out of the body doesn't mean you are in unity with the divine.
this is therapy for me.Thanks
Alex
Very well. You take the high road. I'll take the low road. Good luck!

Beekeeper
3rd March 2006, 09:25 AM
No, Alex, don't call them misfortunes, they're not. If truth be told, we unexpectedly came into about $15000 just before the tax bill and noone died. Okay, we'll pay tax on that but it'll cover a lot of the bill.

The car? We'll my hubby did something similar last year. It gave him an opportunity to return empathy and show solidarity.

We're well, we're gainfullly employed, we've got great kids and great friends (Have you noticed how exquisite their timing can be when you're feeling down?) we live near the beach and it's summer. (We'll, actually my 12 year old has a broken arm but it'll heal and he will swim again). So, just ignore my little tantrum. :twisted: Momentary lapse :P

I had a quick look at Liber O. Something new to add to the list but I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Without intending offence, it looks a little like a "religious authority," which I shy from. Seeking a gnosis experience .

Glad you're feeling better after the healer's intervention. Busy people these healers!

Cheers to you

3rd March 2006, 02:12 PM
asa isar
you as you are now may paint the clay in adorable way, but this is no way
pray

3rd March 2006, 04:04 PM
No, Alex, don't call them misfortunes, they're not. If truth be told, we unexpectedly came into about $15000 just before the tax bill and noone died. Okay, we'll pay tax on that but it'll cover a lot of the bill.

The car? We'll my hubby did something similar last year. It gave him an opportunity to return empathy and show solidarity.

We're well, we're gainfullly employed, we've got great kids and great friends (Have you noticed how exquisite their timing can be when you're feeling down?) we live near the beach and it's summer. (We'll, actually my 12 year old has a broken arm but it'll heal and he will swim again). So, just ignore my little tantrum. :twisted: Momentary lapse :P

I had a quick look at Liber O. Something new to add to the list but I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Without intending offence, it looks a little like a "religious authority," which I shy from. Seeking a gnosis experience .

Glad you're feeling better after the healer's intervention. Busy people these healers!

Cheers to you
God provides...

asa isar
3rd March 2006, 07:03 PM
Forgive my hyperbole about the astral Sophronicus, I'm not trying to take the high ground, just don't want anyone to get caught out on the astral. Everyone has to discover for themselves I guess. I happened to notice there are alot of people reporting possessions and psychic attack on this site, it just concerned me a little. A lot of schizophrenia is a result of drug taking. Marijuana and lsd etc open up the veils to the astral realms big time. An obe is like a full trip with the appearance of more control. Drug users are in effect dealing with the astral though they don't know it, they still have physical body awareness. I am perhaps being too cautious, once bitten ,twice shy etc. Perhaps if I'd paid more attention to the notion of protection and immediately grounded on return then perhaps I wouldn't be in such a mess. May your experiences be of the highest possible. Your compassion should certainly lead you there. You've certainly helped me out.Yes God does provide!
Beekeeper. Yeh, liber O is very structured. Good for some people and not others.Know what you mean about the religious feel. Can be a put off. No worries on the tantrum-good to let it out right! Sorry to hear your 12 year old hurt his arm-glad s/he'll be ok.
Feeling okay today-I am working it out of my system. Have had some intense dreams that seem related to experience-generally quite a battle seems to be going on in my little ol' head. Yes to the healers-there's a lot of people needing healing-self included
love and happiness to you all
Alex

3rd March 2006, 09:11 PM
Forgive my hyperbole about the astral Sophronicus, I'm not trying to take the high ground, just don't want anyone to get caught out on the astral. Everyone has to discover for themselves I guess. I happened to notice there are alot of people reporting possessions and psychic attack on this site, it just concerned me a little. A lot of schizophrenia is a result of drug taking. Marijuana and lsd etc open up the veils to the astral realms big time. An obe is like a full trip with the appearance of more control. Drug users are in effect dealing with the astral though they don't know it, they still have physical body awareness. I am perhaps being too cautious, once bitten ,twice shy etc. Perhaps if I'd paid more attention to the notion of protection and immediately grounded on return then perhaps I wouldn't be in such a mess. May your experiences be of the highest possible. Your compassion should certainly lead you there. You've certainly helped me out.Yes God does provide!
Beekeeper. Yeh, liber O is very structured. Good for some people and not others.Know what you mean about the religious feel. Can be a put off. No worries on the tantrum-good to let it out right! Sorry to hear your 12 year old hurt his arm-glad s/he'll be ok.
Feeling okay today-I am working it out of my system. Have had some intense dreams that seem related to experience-generally quite a battle seems to be going on in my little ol' head. Yes to the healers-there's a lot of people needing healing-self included
love and happiness to you all
Alex
I can't even get into the astral, much less be harmed by it. I suspect I had some sort of OBE when I was a child. But that door seems to have closed upon me. Who knows if it may open again?

What I meant by the low road is that I firmly believe that humility is essential in the spiritual life in order to avoid possession. I have heard, however, of people who seek out possession in order to spice up their lives. In my humble opinion, you seem to be headed in that direction. But who am I to say?

asa isar
3rd March 2006, 10:10 PM
I'm certainly not looking to be possessed. I have always wanted to be able to be of service and help in some way or other. That is all. I didn't take up yoga to become possessed.

asa isar
3rd March 2006, 11:07 PM
I hear what you are saying Sophronicus and have taken it on board

Beekeeper
4th March 2006, 06:22 AM
Oh dear, oh dear Sophroniscus! What a statement.

Must I return to the Liber O site to understand why you have said such a thing to Alex?

asa isar
5th March 2006, 04:41 PM
Hi Beekeeper
just to let you know I'm feeling much much better. Still a shadow but it's receeding. Have come to see this as an initiation. A lesson I needed, which I was able to get through thanks to the love and support of my brothers and sisters online and off.(bit of a dark night of the soul) I had a obe yesterday morning and was able to gather myself together and deal with it in a sensible manner. It has definitely impressed upon me the danger of putting too much importance on leaving the body. Hope you don't mind me spilling out a few thoughts-helps me ground! I have realised that it's an experience on the path but not the answer or the end. Because it is still within the realms of duality there is always a negative side, even if that is as simple as being convinced that it is an answer in itself. To say one thing is better than another is to separate-this is not union, God/dess is unity that transends duality-GOD/DESS, Elohim expresses itself through this division but is beyond it.
THe true path as I see it is a spiritualising of the earth plane, turning lead into gold as the alchemist's would use as a metaphor , a uniting with the divine through devotion and meditation and so transending duality, in harmony and joy. If the astral can be used to aid this then great, if not it can be as poison. THis is where the need for meditative discipline is necessary as I understand it. Christ resisted in the desert for 40 days right?
Anyway, thanks again for allowing me to unload.(Sophronicus, if you intended to help me with reverse phychology then I thank you, even if you didn't then I thank you.)
Love is the law,
Alex

asa isar
5th March 2006, 06:42 PM
whoops, cant spell psychology. :?

Beekeeper
6th March 2006, 07:35 AM
Glad you're feeling better!

asa isar
6th March 2006, 07:53 PM
just for the record, I realise I was a little hasty in saying Robert Bruce is not a master. He's certainly more of one than most. My negative experience has clouded my judgement somewhat. I realise he's a compassionate man and a true helper of humanity.
Love is the Law

7th March 2006, 01:20 AM
Oh dear, oh dear Sophroniscus! What a statement.

Must I return to the Liber O site to understand why you have said such a thing to Alex?
I don't think that reading a book is a problem as long as one is careful to discern its true nature.

7th March 2006, 01:26 AM
Hi Beekeeper
just to let you know I'm feeling much much better. Still a shadow but it's receeding. Have come to see this as an initiation. A lesson I needed, which I was able to get through thanks to the love and support of my brothers and sisters online and off.(bit of a dark night of the soul) I had a obe yesterday morning and was able to gather myself together and deal with it in a sensible manner. It has definitely impressed upon me the danger of putting too much importance on leaving the body. Hope you don't mind me spilling out a few thoughts-helps me ground! I have realised that it's an experience on the path but not the answer or the end. Because it is still within the realms of duality there is always a negative side, even if that is as simple as being convinced that it is an answer in itself. To say one thing is better than another is to separate-this is not union, God/dess is unity that transends duality-GOD/DESS, Elohim expresses itself through this division but is beyond it.
THe true path as I see it is a spiritualising of the earth plane, turning lead into gold as the alchemist's would use as a metaphor , a uniting with the divine through devotion and meditation and so transending duality, in harmony and joy. If the astral can be used to aid this then great, if not it can be as poison. THis is where the need for meditative discipline is necessary as I understand it. Christ resisted in the desert for 40 days right?
Anyway, thanks again for allowing me to unload.(Sophronicus, if you intended to help me with reverse phychology then I thank you, even if you didn't then I thank you.)
Love is the law,
Alex
Reverse psychology is a bit beyond me. I would rather err on the side of caution, since the downside can be very unpleasant.