PDA

View Full Version : Question: feeling of the body (N.E.W)

LuciaUruguay
26th February 2006, 10:31 PM
Well, I would like to know if it is possible to do what the author suggests without knowing it and for years. Since I can remember I can feel my whole body and specially I am being able to look for a specific part of it, dont know if it is because I am a very sick person and having sicknes can be good sometimes. For example, I can identify exactly the part of my body which is in pain and then do what is neccesary or just ignore it completly. I dont know if I am being clear with this explanation.
Also, in the last few days I started to "feel" my energy flow and realise the parts that where blocked, then confirmed by Aunt Clair in a reading (and much better, she told me EXACTLY what I need to work in order to fix it. Well, I hope someone can give me an opinion on this topic,

Also, I realise that I am very good at visualization :) few, I was getting frustated with that :)

PD: When I was a teen I went to an acupunturist and I take homeopathic remedies at that time until the present day, dont know if that influence me (maybe yes, cause the guy had pics of the body and the acupunture points and other interesting stuff)

gorillabait
27th February 2006, 03:06 AM
To me that is EXACTLY what NEW and other energy-work methodologies are about, being able to locate any particular point of your body, especially those points in discomfort, and work to relieve whatever the cause of the symptom is. Eventually, you become aware of discomforts which underlie other discomforts, like peeling away layers in an onion, you'll begin some serious healing on your body.

It's also important to be simultaniously working on other aspects of your being, such as mental focus and elemental balance (personality balance). All these things combined can really bring you into a state of equilibrium and allow some amazing growth.

Freawaru
27th February 2006, 09:50 AM
Well, I would like to know if it is possible to do what the author suggests without knowing it and for years.

Yes. I, too, have quite a good body awareness. I had started with hatha yoga as a teen and though I never got far with the asanans I just loved this moving around my awareness in my body. This is why I choose NEW as "my" energy work rather than visualisation techniqes that work with images. Another reason is that I like to keep my imagination separate from my energy as I really don't want to summon some real demon just cause I play D&D ;-)

PD: When I was a teen I went to an acupunturist and I take homeopathic remedies at that time until the present day, dont know if that influence me (maybe yes, cause the guy had pics of the body and the acupunture points and other interesting stuff)

Acupuncture makes use of the chakra system, so, yes, I think it can influence your awareness of your body.

LuciaUruguay
27th February 2006, 01:02 PM
thanks a lot, I suppose I was a little advanced, I started yestarday with basic technique and I could felt something really weird, it seems I am really blocked in some parts of my left leg.

Freawaru, jaja, you dont need imagination to call a deamon.. jaja, for some reason I call a "spirit" in general some time ago and the guy bother me for more than 2 months This guy was sending me horrible visions of the future (all tru, but they where not usefull and I was feeling pretty guilty and bad) So, you have to be carefull when calling spirits (and I did not believe in spirits at all....)

1st March 2006, 11:07 PM
thanks a lot, I suppose I was a little advanced, I started yestarday with basic technique and I could felt something really weird, it seems I am really blocked in some parts of my left leg.

Freawaru, jaja, you dont need imagination to call a deamon.. jaja, for some reason I call a "spirit" in general some time ago and the guy bother me for more than 2 months This guy was sending me horrible visions of the future (all tru, but they where not usefull and I was feeling pretty guilty and bad) So, you have to be carefull when calling spirits (and I did not believe in spirits at all....)
I frequently have problems with my feet. Often when I am trying to go into a trance, I feel my feet jerking a bit. I think it is due to fear. I've been trying, you see, to have an OBE, but can't seem to do it. I think when I was a child I did have several OBEs. I remember dreaming that I was traveling very fast through a tunnel. That caused me some strange feelings like my body was being stretched out -- I don't know any other way to express it. In any event I became frightened. And now that I want to go back to that experience, I can't. It is quite frustrating...

2nd March 2006, 02:30 AM
Hi Soph,
Having parts of your body jerk a bit is a sign of pretty deep trance. Just go with it or try to ignore it, realizing that it is natural. It's one of the things we (hypnotherapists) look for to assess the client's trance depth. Good for you! You're well on your way!

2nd March 2006, 08:23 PM
Hi Soph,
Having parts of your body jerk a bit is a sign of pretty deep trance. Just go with it or try to ignore it, realizing that it is natural. It's one of the things we (hypnotherapists) look for to assess the client's trance depth. Good for you! You're well on your way!
Perhaps so… I often have tried to ignore it. But even so, I cannot get beyond it. So I am well on my way to nowhere.

3rd March 2006, 03:05 AM
Soph,
How about giving yourself the suggestion that every time you have something jerk that it will just make you go deeper into meditation? That's a little hypnotherapy trick when people are distracted by sounds and involuntary body movements.

If you can try to lighten up, not get so discouraged you might have better luck. Also, it never hurts to think positively and realize this is just like sports...you have to practice to get better.

3rd March 2006, 08:55 PM
Soph,
How about giving yourself the suggestion that every time you have something jerk that it will just make you go deeper into meditation? That's a little hypnotherapy trick when people are distracted by sounds and involuntary body movements.

If you can try to lighten up, not get so discouraged you might have better luck. Also, it never hurts to think positively and realize this is just like sports...you have to practice to get better.
Lighten up? Me? I am the lightest, most positive person you could ever come upon. Life is utterly Fantastic and is getting better, better and better all the time!

And believe me, I'm not giving up!

6th March 2006, 07:53 PM
Soph,
Sorry, I wasn't talking about you lightening up as a person. :D It was just in the context of not getting so frustrated about OBEing! Of course you are a light and positive person. It shows!

Sola Neid
6th March 2006, 10:32 PM
I'm experiencing body jerks every time I practice NEW -as well as other sensations. Some of them stand out and I'm hoping to find out what they implify.

During a breathing exercise I once felt like I wasn't breathing through my mouth any longer, it felt as if there was a big hole either in my face or if my whole neck was opened up somehow. And the air moved in and out of that hole with quite a force. Another feeling I've had was as if someone was trying to blow tube-shaped balloons inside my ear canals. This one alarmed me somewhat, thinking it may be a neg trying to enter through my ears. Even though I said a prayer, the feeling persisted for a while.

I've read about the negs using pleasant sensations to aid in the attachment process. During NEW I've felt some intense feelings of pleasure wash through my body, usually brought on by my own desire to feel such sensations. (These feelings are similar compared to my first involuntary OBE). Should I be more careful and not allow myself seek such sensations, could it attract some unwanted guests?

This is also curious, I often wake up in the middle of the night 100% alert, yet do not remember a thing or have a clue about what woke me up. And lately I've been waking up with praise and worship songs playing in my head. I wonder if that is a spiritual protection measure... Praise Jesus if that's the case! :P

CFTraveler
6th March 2006, 10:58 PM
Body jerks are a normal part of the going-to-sleep process. Only you don't realize them 'cause you're falling asleep. However, with this type of awareness exercise, you become more aware of these things.
As to waking up, any type of 'awareness' work will make you more'awake', since dream recall is supposed to be improving. As to the other effects, they're new to me. Are you deeply in trance when you have those 'flow' problems?
IMO Negs don't like any kind of uplifting religious music, so your subconscious may be doing it to protect you. This would be considered a good thing. (Good instincts?)

Sola Neid
7th March 2006, 12:52 AM
Body jerks are a normal part of the going-to-sleep process. Only you don't realize them 'cause you're falling asleep. However, with this type of awareness exercise, you become more aware of these things.
As to waking up, any type of 'awareness' work will make you more'awake', since dream recall is supposed to be improving. As to the other effects, they're new to me. Are you deeply in trance when you have those 'flow' problems?
IMO Negs don't like any kind of uplifting religious music, so your subconscious may be doing it to protect you. This would be considered a good thing. (Good instincts?)

Thank you kindly for your reply- yes, I've always had the body jerks when falling asleep. But they now happen also during the NEW practice when I'm nowhere near sleep state. It may be that I'm in a moderately deep trance state, as my breathing may also cease for a few moments.

I've always been able to remember my dreams in detail, colors, smells etc. so this "wide awake for no reason" makes me wonder.

I see the praise tunes as a positive sign as well! :D I love to listen to classical music too, it's always playing in the background at my house or when driving. I was pleased when I found out that it's also an effective way to keep out any negative influence.

I'd like to share a very special moment I had a priviledge to enjoy while I was at a park yesterday. This park is situated between intracoastal waterway (locals call it a lagoon) and the ocean. I was hiking a trail and decided to go to my favorite meditation spot (a tiny strip of beach between trees and mangrove bushes, not easily accessed since the trail is no longer open due to hurricane damage). I worked my way to this beautiful spot and sat down to meditate. As I was soaking in the serenity and stillness of the water as the sun was setting, I spotted a dolphin swimming in a distance. How lovely- In my mind I started calling the dolphin and it kept making turns (not going out of my sight at all) and getting closer and closer to where I was! What an awesome feeling! I stayed as long as I could, until it got almost too dark for me to find my way back to the trail.

One of those precious moments... :P

7th March 2006, 01:12 AM
My problem is not merely that my foot jerks, but that the feeling is unpleasant. And it keeps repeating over and over and...

Sola Neid
7th March 2006, 10:04 PM
Went back to my spot by the lagoon today to practice NEW, I've advanced to the full body circuit. It was a bit distracting at first, wind, waves and all, but once I "caught" their rhythm it felt like I was being assisted. Soaking in the wind energy felt great! :D Saw 4 manatees this time. Neat!

As soon as I got home my hubby called and asked what I'd been up to. Apparently he had experienced lots of extra energy while I was doing NEW.
Hmmm. Better than the dizzy spells he had when I first started, I guess. I wonder if there's a connection...

CFTraveler
7th March 2006, 10:33 PM
Sola wrote:
I'd like to share a very special moment I had a priviledge to enjoy while I was at a park yesterday. This park is situated between intracoastal waterway (locals call it a lagoon) and the ocean. I was hiking a trail and decided to go to my favorite meditation spot (a tiny strip of beach between trees and mangrove bushes, not easily accessed since the trail is no longer open due to hurricane damage). I worked my way to this beautiful spot and sat down to meditate. As I was soaking in the serenity and stillness of the water as the sun was setting, I spotted a dolphin swimming in a distance. How lovely- In my mind I started calling the dolphin and it kept making turns (not going out of my sight at all) and getting closer and closer to where I was! What an awesome feeling! I stayed as long as I could, until it got almost too dark for me to find my way back to the trail.
One of those precious moments... Awesome!
I know of at least two people who are affected by someone doing energy work in their proximity. It's good to know what it's about because it can be scary. It's not my story to tell, I just wanted you to know that it happens.

Sola Neid
8th March 2006, 03:43 PM
CFT, thanks for the input!

I think I may take a little break from doing NEW or any meditation activity for, say 3 or 4 days, to gain more perspective and to allow me enough time to recognize any changes brought on by this fascination. I also want to see if or to what extent I can control these developments, knowing that things sometimes take off on their own.

Wish me luck!