PDA

View Full Version : Caution- LOST spoiler

CFTraveler
19th May 2010, 02:01 PM
http://cheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/antilockep1.jpg
I thought it was timely, if cruel.

Red Arrow
29th May 2010, 06:24 PM
I just had to comment how blown away I was with the end of LOST... they basically played out the awareness of being a part of a Soul Group (ala Life Between Lives, which mirrors my own experiences), and the dimensions of death that we go through to process life. I was thrilled to see a mainstream, popular show Bring It.

CFTraveler
29th May 2010, 07:45 PM
You know, I didn't recognize the soul-group connection- I was thinking in terms of how the afterdeath zone is described in tibetan buddhism, complete with 'gods' challenging you, alternate possibilities, and eventual readiness to cross over. Even details like the Echo character resonated with me- how this guy, who is already 'ready', didn't have to stay long at all, and how Ben didn't want to cross over- he wanted to stay on the 'island' a little longer- maybe to become a facilitator.
I did like the ending, what bothered me was the mix of mythologies used as visual cues, which kept getting my attention away from the idea.
When the show first started, my first 'guess' was that they had died, and were resolving things in the 'afterdeath zone', but then all that 'Jacob vs. the unnamed shadow guy' stuff threw me off the scent. And then calling the island Hydra completely befuddled me.