PDA

View Full Version : How to use JOOTB cd's with Roberts method

richbob
25th May 2010, 11:07 AM
Hi, I have a copy of the Journeys out of the body cd set which students use with the Hall of Learning course. My question is how are these used if you are not doing the course? I have MAP and am assuming that the same methods are used but listening to JOOTB? Can anyone point me in the right direction if I am off track?
Many thanks! :)

CFTraveler
25th May 2010, 01:41 PM
The techniques he teaches in the HOL are a bit different than in MAP, but the exercises are essentially the same- relaxation, energy raising, and exit techniques. He uses one of the discs towards of the end of the workshop to do what is called the 'bridge' method- inducing a sleep-induced OBE.
But yes, you can (and I do) apply the same principles to JOOB than you would apply to MAP.

richbob
25th May 2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks CFTraveller! I have had some success using the MAP method in the past but have been away from things for a couple of years with a change of job (away from shift work which gave me quiet time during the day) and 2 teenagers in the house who dont seem to go to bed anymore! :roll:

I have picked it back up in earnest though starting with energy work fitted in throughout any spare time and the odd occasion where I get an hour to listen to the JOOTB discs.
Could you let me know which is the best disc to listen to? Is it condition D?

I intend to enroll in the HOL when I get some time back in the future, but for the time being I will try to work as best I can with the MAP techniques and using Roberts energy raising techniques from his Energy Work book.
Thanks again! :mrgreen:

CFTraveler
25th May 2010, 06:53 PM
I'd say listen to them all progressively (one a day or something like that) and see which one gives you the best results.

richbob
26th May 2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks CFTraveller! :D Will do!

PauliEffect
4th December 2010, 08:18 AM
So far I've got the best result by CD C and CD D. I think the C CD is to be used when you are tired, but you'd better read the small manual that follows with the CD set.

I also is under the impression that, perhaps, perhaps, the CDs actually may be a hindrance in the way that they lock you into a certain brain wave pattern. My best guess right now, after having listened to the CDs 10 times, is that you should mix OBE attempts without H-S and with H-S until you can skip them completely. I think I've read or heard Monroe on youtube say that eventually you should not need the H-S CD anymore once you've learnt how to obtain the specific Focus Level state.