PDA

View Full Version : Dry throat!

kevstar
3rd March 2006, 12:08 AM
I am so close! I just got into part 2, and everything's going great (thanks Robert and Brian!) but I keep having this problem:

I'll be laying down (propped up) and doing visualizations, and I'm getting stronger sensations, but then suddenly I get this dry spot in my throat. I cough, and whatever, but it's made me cancel my attempt multiple times, because I can't get it to go away :x . I don't feel like I'm breathing differently, or anything. Maybe I am.

This used to happen to me during guided meditation, too.

Anyone have any experience with this?

piXen
3rd March 2006, 12:38 AM
You're not alone... I've had this problem quite frequently. Unfortunately the best I can come up with for it is try to swallow as nonchalantly as possible. I also try to breath through my nose less.

BriMercer
6th March 2006, 11:17 PM
How close do you think you are to the exit when this happens?

kevstar
7th March 2006, 07:52 AM
Honestly, I'd say I was maybe 70% of the way there.

bastien001
8th March 2006, 07:30 PM
Well, if your position is too horizontal, it's like me, I had swallowing problems too.
It solved completely when I got to practice either seated, or with a kind of pillow supporting my head around my neck, keeping my throat vertical..

kevstar
8th March 2006, 09:11 PM
Thank you. I'll definitely try that.

howdihi
17th April 2006, 01:46 AM
I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know if it will work. My grandmother will take a spoon a grab a pad of butter and eat it by itself. Probably about 1/2 - 3/4 tablespoon. The first time she did this, I asked her why and she said that it soothes a dry or tickelish throat.

It is probably worth a try. Let me know if it works/helps.