PDA

View Full Version : HEADING HOMEWARD

Neil Templar
31st May 2010, 08:02 PM
Mods - i wasn't sure where this topic belonged, so please move it if there's a relevant home for it. 8)

something i'm noticing recently, is a large number of people, making their way back to the area they grew up in.
whether thru choice, or sometimes coincidence, folk seem to be being pulled back to their "roots".

i myself have recently found life "directing" me back home. it wasn't my plan originally, but it quickly became obvious that it was the best/only course of action available to me...
other family members have done/are in the process of doing the same.

quite a large number of old friends have done the same.

at the weekend i met a woman who was telling me about her Daughter leaving her life in another continent, completely out of the blue, to come home, based on nothing more than a feeling that it's what she should be doing.

i know of other friends whose life has directed them, like myself, almost against their will, back to where it all began for them.

and the thing is, it seems to be working out for everyone i'm in contact with.

is this just some weird coincidence?
personally, my intuition tells me there's more to it.
i find myself more concerned about family and community than i've ever been.
is this just because i'm maturing?

i can't help but think it has something to do with the "shift" at hand, if you believe in such things, which i do, for the record.

i've also watched a number of marriages break up in the past couple of years. partnerships that seemed so solid.
i've had the feeling that those break-ups are due to the shift too.

last week i met with a friend i haven't seen in many years. she's been "awake" for quite some time, working in the "alternative" therapy/healing world for the past 12 years.
she told me we are being directed to our "place" in time to be available to do whatever work it is we're to do, to help raise the vibration of the planet.
she also told me that Arthur's Seat (the old volcano in the middle of Edinburgh) is energetically "very active" right now. which explains why i can't let a week go by without climbing all over the thing. :lol:

anyway, anyone else noticed this homeward migration of souls?
or is it just me and the people i know? :?

CFTraveler
31st May 2010, 09:27 PM
Not personally- but then again I found myself going home twice in the last year, which is more times than in the last fifteen years (three). However, I have felt more of a connection to some of the people I used to know, which don't live there anymore.
For Whatever That's Worth.

Tutor
1st June 2010, 04:57 AM
well...there ya go...i lost the reply.

basically, the true center of our being/consciousness is where we are shifting to enmass, from a protective false center.

i could try to explain how i've come to understand it, but it wouldnt be strait forward, and it would be symbolic and analogous.

the true center is our home. why? well it is a simple story, but it demands certain complexitys to undo uncertain complexitys, that the product would be as simple.

so, like the shift is, uncertainty becomes certainty for each and all. complexitys of any nature would be a burden, but uncertainty is a dense and heavy burden/yoke, and certainty though complex is a subtle and light yoke.

ButterflyWoman
1st June 2010, 07:59 AM
Interesting. I grew up all over the place. By the time I graduated high school, I had lived in nine different cities in eight different states and two countries. I never lived in the same city for more than three years at any point. In fact, I never lived in the same city for more than three years until I was thirty.

There really is no "home" for me to go to, other than where I am now. I fell in love with Australia, and specifically with Melbourne, in 1997, and I'm still in love. I'm Australian, regardless of where I was born. I'm the perfect example of a Melburnian: Educated, suburban, born overseas, food-loving, coffee-drinking, complaining about the weather, completely at a loss as to why anyone would want to live in Sydney...

Nope. I'm like an oddly-cut jewel that has finally found the perfect setting. I might well visit other places, but there is no way I'd leave Australia (and I wouldn't go very far from Melbourne, either, on a permanent basis).

Perhaps it's that I don't really HAVE a "childhood home". Arizona (six years or so in total, two different cities) is as close as I come and while I still find it incredibly beautiful and I'd like to go and visit, possibly on a regular basis, I don't think there's anything that would entice me to live there (or anywhere else in the United States, for that matter). ;)

Maybe it's more about your TRUE home than where you grow up. Maybe it's that I'm a military brat (and I was a military wife, as well). I dunno. I AM home, and now that I've found my home, I'm not going to leave it.

Beekeeper
1st June 2010, 09:05 AM
Neil, I think we often resonate with others who are doing similar to ourselves but I also feel there is a shift. Funny you should mention home, I found myself looking at the house I grew up in on Google just last week after someone on Facebook bagged out my old suburb for not being rich, hip and trendy.

I'm a very home-centred person anyway and am feeling strongly compelled to start a home business, grow my own food and form stronger connections within my immediate community. As you know, all this will be possible in a few short months and I'm told the yoga centre I'll be running is the buzz on the street. Finding "home" in my career has been my overriding motivation in my work in recent years and the people I currently work with do feel like family.

ButterflyWoman
1st June 2010, 09:11 AM
Funny you should mention home, I found myself looking at the house I grew up in on Google just last week
Oh, I've done that with most of the places I've lived. Just found out that the public housing project next door to the apartment complex where I lived for seven years (my longest single-address location!) has been totally demolished. Can't say I think that's a bad thing, either (very bad influences over there). I also looked up all the other places I've lived, at least where there are satellite images available (at least one place I lived is so small and stupid that nobody has bothered to get the maps for it).

It's interesting, revisiting those places in that way. I'd like to eventually go there in person and see these places (from the outside, of course; I wouldn't want to bother whomever lives there now), but my home is very much here, where I am (or somewhere within a fairly close radius ;)).