PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

loudfuture
8th June 2010, 06:18 PM
Hello out there. I'm a 27 year old male living in Eugene, Oregon. I just finished reading Astral Dynamics and I'm currently reading it again. In the past, before reading Robert's book that is, I had many lucid dreams. However they've always been few and far between until now. Usually it took some impossibly unrealistic event taking place in my dream before I would realize that I was dreaming. I would almost consider it random. Then I read about the reality check method and I've had two lucid dreams within a weeks time. The most recent one took place last night. I won't go into details, but I flew up into the sky to run from a pursuer, then I focused on flying an impossible distance. To infinity if you will, at which point I started experiencing what I think were exit sensations, everything around me started to fade into a kind of misty white light, then I lost it completely and woke up. To me the exit sensations weren't quite like Robert describes in Astral Dynamics, definately not as intense. I didn't feel my heart racing per se. Perhaps because the physical heart isn't actually reacting, I've always been very much in touch with my body. To me the sensation was like when you are on a roller coaster, the no turning back feeling as they strap you in, then climbing the big hill towards the first drop. The click, click, click excitement of knowing what's inevitably coming next. But then again it only lasted a few moments before I lost my concentration and woke up.
I'll be honest I haven't actually done any of the energy work described in Robert's book, I'm lazy. In the past I've done guided chakra meditation but only very little. I haven't tried to induce an OBE thru the trance state, as I can't figure out how to gain the trance state. My goal was simply to lucid dream, I didn't mean to attempt an exit last night, it was an accident. I have had one OBE but it was brought about by artificial means, if you know what I'm saying. In it I experienced the tube-like astral plane and the akashic wind. At the time I couldn't put my experience into words, and oh how I tried. There have been so many coincedences between my experience and what I read in Astral Dynamics, it's almost creepy. Now I wonder if I possess some predispotion for OBE since I haven't put in any work at all to see the results mentioned thus far. Sorry for the length.

CFTraveler
8th June 2010, 08:51 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, loudfuture.
If you are looking for projection how-tos we have a few in the OBE Research and Discussion subforums. Other than that, make yourself comfortable. Enjoy.

Beekeeper
9th June 2010, 09:02 AM
Welcome, Loudfuture. :D

To me the exit sensations weren't quite like Robert describes in Astral Dynamics, definately not as intense.

I believe Robert is preparing people for more dramatic and potentially scary exits, but it can be a simple matter of quietly floating or rolling out.

If you have had lucid dreams in the past and you're having them quite easily using reality checks, you are, quite likely, going to experience positive results relatively easily.