PDA

View Full Version : OBE or Lucid Dream

Yellowstone
20th June 2005, 01:19 AM
I have been trying faithfully for about 2 to 3 weeks to have an OBE. I've been using affirmations to do this, but it never worked for me. This morning while I was sleeping I found myself in a lucid dream. I remember having the thought that maybe I could induce an OBE.

I concentrated on leaving my body, and when I did I began to feel a strong vibration with buzzing sounds. This was a good feeling because I thought maybe that something was happening, I was excited. Next I tried to lift out of my body, and couldn't do it. I was sort of half in and half out of my body. I remember thinking that I needed help. I had the sensation of rolling out of the bed, onto my bedroom floor.

Next I stood up and walked to my bedroom door. The door was brown, but my bedroom door is white. I felt myself walking thru the door, it was like I could feel the texture of the door and not sure if I could go thru or not, but I did it. I glided up the stairs trying to decide if I could try to go out side or not. I decided to first go up into my daughters room to see if she could see me or not.

I went to her room, but she wasn't there. At that point it was apparent I wasn't in my home, but in my sisters home, where I haven't been for around 20 years. In the bedroom there was a young girl, who I seemed to know, but don't where from. At first I thought she couldn't see me, then she could. There was also a little boy who seemed familiar, but I don't know where from.

Shortly after I woke up and I was downstairs in my own room.

I'm writing this because I'm kind of excited and don't really have anyone to tell that won't think I a little nutty.

My questions is, do you think this was an OBE or just a lucid dream? I would feel pretty sure it was an OBE if I thought that I was in my house, but because of being somewhere besides my house, and the little boy and little girl I don't if I was dreaming. Also I don't really remember re-entering my body.

nparker
21st June 2005, 02:43 AM
Hi yellowstone...

I'll answer your question with comments, in between paragraphs:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been trying faithfully for about 2 to 3 weeks to have an OBE. I've been using affirmations to do this, but it never worked for me. This morning while I was sleeping I found myself in a lucid dream. I remember having the thought that maybe I could induce an OBE.
I concentrated on leaving my body, and when I did I began to feel a strong vibration with buzzing sounds.

Comment: Vibration and buzzing sounds (and another strange sounds) are consistent with pre-OBE status.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was a good feeling because I thought maybe that something was happening, I was excited. Next I tried to lift out of my body, and couldn't do it.

Comment: "Lift out" sometimes doesn't the required result, specially if you proceed like as physical act. You must take into account that at astral status, mind has control of acts and if you want to move you must to rehearse required displacement, like if room is moving.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was sort of half in and half out of my body. I remember thinking that I needed help.

Comment: Sometimes ask for help gives yourself required help from your Higher Self.
I had the sensation of rolling out of the bed, onto my bedroom floor.

Comment: A sort of "falling done the gravity force" is normal sequel of general behaviour at OBE. It works like sequel of a "subconcious conviction" of to fall if you aren't onto a solid base.
Next I stood up and walked to my bedroom door.

Comment: This again is normal in OBE. Rehearsing physical actions in mind has as natural sequel the required action in astral form.
The door was brown, but my bedroom door is white.

Comment: Again a highly and significant symptom of an OBE. At astral state, many person report changes in colour of things. At a Lucid Dream, "reality characteristics" follows your records of how the things were during physical status.
I felt myself walking thru the door, it was like I could feel the texture of the door and not sure if I could go thru or not, but I did it.

Comment: Again a clear sign of OBE. At a normal lucid dream, "dreamed reality" is indistinguishable of "physical reality". You can open doors, don't walk through them; although you can fly.
I glided up the stairs trying to decide if I could try to go out side or not.

Comment: If you glide, or float, or stepped they are compatible with OBE and LD.
I decided to first go up into my daughters room to see if she could see me or not.
I went to her room, but she wasn't there. At that point it was apparent I wasn't in my home, but in my sisters home, where I haven't been for around 20 years. In the bedroom there was a young girl, who I seemed to know, but don't where from. At first I thought she couldn't see me, then she could. There was also a little boy who seemed familiar, but I don't know where from.

Comment: This remembers Alice in wonderland effect. That's curious.
Shortly after I woke up and I was downstairs in my own room.
I'm writing this because I'm kind of excited and don't really have anyone to tell that won't think I a little nutty.
My questions is, do you think this was an OBE or just a lucid dream? I would feel pretty sure it was an OBE if I thought that I was in my house, but because of being somewhere besides my house, and the little boy and little girl I don't if I was dreaming. Also I don't really remember re-entering my body.

Comment: Definitely, I think was an OBE. But at sometime, you enter another reality more compatible with LD. At that reality you find people you doesn't know. Too, it is possible that your body gets at asleep state and records from a truly OBE mixes with those of a dream. Such a conclusion is reinforced is you take into account you don't remember the reentering to you body.
My best wishes for you
Sincerely,
Natalia Parker

violetsky
21st June 2005, 11:04 PM
Dear Yellowstone,

Did you feel both exit and re-entry sensations? This can help with validation.

Part of the problem with exiting from dream state is that lucid dream mind can fabricate a story around the exit sensations. Now, likely you had an OBE, I am just explaining what other things can go awry here. Sometimes we have the OBE exit sensations but then they stop and we do not actually have a full projection. However, dream mind builds a story to incorportate these sensations, just like dream mind will incorporate and build a story to explain away sounds that the conscious mind might here in the room. Dream mind does this to help us stay in dream state and not wake up for every little sound or movement.

Sometimes we have a full OBE but our conscious mind stays only aware of the lucid dream state, which again fabricates a story around the exit sensations. If however we remain fully aware from exit all the way through to re-entry and feel both exit and re-entry sensation we have a bit safer bet that it is projection memories we are bringing back.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky