PDA

View Full Version : New member

nikkirtw
17th June 2010, 10:57 AM
I have been experiencing OBE's for many years now, I finally got over the fear of it, and started to let myself experience it furthur.. Most people strive to reach that level, and it comes to me naturally and now I want to learn to master it. I just bought the book Mastering Astral Projection so I'm hopping I can learn more from that. I was wondering does anyone else have the same experience as I do.. Sometimes I'll float right out of the body, but lately when I try to tame it or have one by myself I roll out of the body, and also I can never see things quite clearly things are always "shakey" (this is the only term I can really come up with) one time when I focused really hard on a person that I thought couldn't see me, they opened their eyes and it became super clear and they smiled at me at which time I got really scared and hopped back into the body.. Also sometimes it take three or four times for me to get back into reality or the waking state of mind, sometimes I seem to jump back into the body three or four times. I also start while meditating to imagine myself drawing a circle around me I then start to spin very quicky at which time I can remove myself from the body.. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, I just hope this is the correct thing or else I'm going to start thinking I'm going nuts. By the way I'm not a religious person at all, and I have a very hard time believing in souls and in an afterlife, I also don't take any drugs, so you can see my dilema, my fear, and my many questions.. If anyone else has expeirenced the things that I have I would like to communicate with you more, it would be nice to meet people like me (not that I think I'm special or anything, I just find out that when I ask people if they experienced this they always look at me wierd).. I hope to learn alot and meet alot of people in this group..

Nikki

ButterflyWoman
17th June 2010, 12:43 PM
G'day, and welcome! :)

Ouroboros
17th June 2010, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the forums!

greytraveller
17th June 2010, 08:06 PM
Greetings and welcome Nikkirtw

The 'roll out method' is probably the most popular technique for going out of body. I use this method as do a lot of other people (judging from their OBE accounts on this forum).
Fuzzy and unclear vision is also rather common. Affirmations, such as "Clarity Now !" or "Vision Now !" are often useful in obtaining good vision during an OBE.
You are definately Not nuts. Each person deals with the reality of astral projection and the superphysical realms in his or her own way. There is no one right way or path to spiritual growth as each person advances at their own pace.

Regards 8)
Grey

Neil Templar
17th June 2010, 08:37 PM
greetings and welcome!!! :D

CFTraveler
17th June 2010, 10:46 PM
Hi nikkrtw.
I thought I had said hello before but I guess I didn't. (makes cuckoo noises).
So hey *waves*.

Beekeeper
18th June 2010, 11:53 AM
Welcome, Nikki. :D

nikkirtw
18th June 2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks everyone and greytraveller for reasurring me that this is what I thought it might be..