PDA

View Full Version : Introduction/past experiences

Zsmith2
29th June 2010, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum. In fact, this is the first internet forum that I've ever joined! I'm 24 years old. I live in Ohio and have had only rudimentary OBE experiences. I've been interested in spirituality and expanding my thinking since I was 16. I spent a lot of time reading books like Conversations with God, Eckhart Tolle, Ram Dass and so on. Living the truths of these books has been a steady, on-going experience. I've done various forms of energy work since i was 13 or 14 (before I knew it was "energy;" I thought I was moving blood around my body with my mind, haha).

I stumbled onto the book "Adventures Out of Body" by William Buhlman and it blew me away that he was directly experience many of the truths I'd only read about from a bunch of different books. I committed to having an out of body experience using the affirmation methods he outlined in that book. After 7 or 8 days, I found myself oddly lucid (1st in my life) in a dream, asking my girlfriend to watch over my body because I was going to leave it. I felt an intense falling sensation along with an internal roar that scared the crap out of me. I seriously thought I was falling out of a roaring airplane! i awoke in my bed with a strong vibrational sensation and I chose to stop the process because I was already so blown away by this new experience. It may seem trivial, but that experience shifted the direction of my life. I was astounded that directing my thinking and announcing my intentions could produce such an experience. We truly are the creators of our experience, but in a bigger way than I had imagined!

Since that experience, I've read every OBE book i could find (including all of Robert Bruce's work). I've had a collection of lucid and fascinating dreams, but I've put OBE on the back burner in favor of developing the basic skills (i.e. energy work, objective observation of the mind, breath work and affirmations). I'm working up the nerve to really go after a conscious OBE, and in a way, participating this forum (rather than just reading everyone else's posts) is a step in that direction. Thanks to everyone who keep this place alive.

ButterflyWoman
29th June 2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks to everyone who keep this place alive.
From this one little footworker, you're welcome. ;)

Welcome to the forums. Jump in and start talking wherever you find something of interest.

CFTraveler
29th June 2010, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the forums, Zmith2. I hope you enjoy it here.

Beekeeper
1st July 2010, 10:48 AM
Welcome, Zmith2. :D

Neil Templar
1st July 2010, 12:03 PM
hi! :D