PDA

View Full Version : An astral projection book I came across

defectron
2nd July 2010, 08:36 PM
So I was browsing through the web for info on astral projection and came across this. As you can see from the comments it sounds pretty dodgy.

http://www.amazon.com/Successful-Astral-Projection-Space-Universe/product-reviews/1411638875/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

So what do you think the deal is with this guy? If you ask me it sounds more like he was just doing alot of lucid dreaming rather astral projecting. Also the entrance/exit techniques in his book make no sense for example leaving the lights on to see your body.

But yeah, assuming his experiences werent completely made up, what would you make of it? Like I was saying imo he probably just had some lucid dreams.

CFTraveler
2nd July 2010, 08:43 PM
The astral projection book by Sapphire- I suppose those who have read it may have something to say about it. Not having read it, I would have no opinion.

However, it is the considered opinion of most AP aficionados that a lucid dream is the same as an astral projection- one would be spontaneous, the other wake- induced.
What can be said to be 'a bit different' is an OBE- an OBE is a projection to the real time zone (aka etheric), while an astral projection is a projection to the collective portion of the astral. In a lucid dream you are usually in the personal/private location of the astral, but when you become lucid you can go out to the collective section of the astral.

So the difference is nominal, really.

outofbodydude
3rd July 2010, 03:53 PM
CTF

Your thoughts on "where" dreams and lucid dreams occur are interesting. They are a little different from mine. I also believe astral projections and lucid dreams are had in the same dimension(s). But then why not dreams as well? When I become lucid during a dream, I do not suddenly switch dimensions. It appears the only difference between dreams and lucid dreams is the conscious awareness of the dreamer. I believe that some dreams may in fact be OBEs in which we are not consciously aware of at the time, taking place in the "collective astral." So when we become conscious and start to lucid dream, we are in the collective dimensions. I also believe that some dreams may actually take place in the "personal astral", but when we become conscious and begin to lucid dream, we continue to explore these personal dimensions, rather than switching back to the collective dimensions. There is no need for the switch, and in my experience, it is not mandatory.

CFTraveler
3rd July 2010, 04:06 PM
CTF

Your thoughts on "where" dreams and lucid dreams occur are interesting. They are a little different from mine. I also believe astral projections and lucid dreams are had in the same dimension(s). But then why not dreams as well? When I become lucid during a dream, I do not suddenly switch dimensions. It appears the only difference between dreams and lucid dreams is the conscious awareness of the dreamer. I believe that some dreams may in fact be OBEs in which we are not consciously aware of at the time, taking place in the "collective astral." So when we become conscious and start to lucid dream, we are in the collective dimensions. I also believe that some dreams may actually take place in the "personal astral", but when we become conscious and begin to lucid dream, we continue to explore these personal dimensions, rather than switching back to the collective dimensions. There is no need for the switch, and in my experience, it is not mandatory.
I agree with how you see it, oobd. Sometimes it's hard to express it.
My point is that a dream can be a projection, either to the collective or to the personal part of the nonphysical dimensions- the 'difference' is mainly nominal.
Labeling is difficult, isn't it?

outofbodydude
3rd July 2010, 07:16 PM
It sure is!

And is there a fine line that separates the collective realms from the personal realms? Perhaps these personal realms are actually contained within a larger collective realm.

Korpo
3rd July 2010, 07:49 PM
Hello, oobd.

Perhaps these personal realms are actually contained within a larger collective realm.

Kurt Leland calls them the "Dream Zone" and defines them to be contained in the astral.

Cheers,
Oliver

Sinera
3rd July 2010, 08:36 PM
promotion text: "From the Publisher - Best Astral Projection book on the market. "
correct assertion by a reviewer: "It is self-published by Sapphire" :wink:

CFTraveler
3rd July 2010, 10:19 PM
It sure is!

And is there a fine line that separates the collective realms from the personal realms? Perhaps these personal realms are actually contained within a larger collective realm. That's how I see it. The personal area being more influenced by the personal subconscious than the collective areas. As to lines of demarcation, some have seen them, although it may be again the subconscious translation of some sort of difference in energy signature.

orygbus
4th July 2010, 04:09 AM
So I was browsing through the web for info on astral projection and came across this. As you can see from the comments it sounds pretty dodgy.

hamazon.com/Successful-Astral-Projection-Space-Universe/product-reviews/1411638875/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?i

So what do you think the deal is with this guy? If you ask me it sounds more like he was just doing alot of lucid dreaming rather astral projecting. Also the entrance/exit techniques in his book make no sense for example leaving the lights on to see your body.

But yeah, assuming his experiences werent completely made up, what would you make of it? Like I was saying imo he probably just had some lucid dreams.

You can visit his forum and see if there's anything creditable:sapphirelove.proboards.com/index.cgi
He also has a god complex....
AD is not responsible for the opinions of it's members- Admin.

defectron
5th July 2010, 01:14 AM
I took a look on his board and I think I was right not to trust him. There's at least a few people on that board who think thei\y are gods, and all that horrible grammar...

CFTraveler
5th July 2010, 03:09 AM
You know, for being critical of this guy, you all seem to keep posting links to his website over and over.