PDA

View Full Version : Restarted Hemi Sync, Questions

sandmanfvr
12th July 2010, 12:17 PM
Been doing many other meditations and methods, but Hemi Sync was so cool and worked for what I tried a while back, I have come back to it since it worked. Unfortunately my neck is causing me issues, tight muscles and such that focus 10 is ALMOST perfect. I have had pulsing lights in focus 10, the balloon is easy to do and I did try Focus 12 yesterday.

On the release and renew one, what the heck is he talking about ? :D I thought it was release the fear, then the emotion under it was a good emotion and then he said to release it. Confused. :shock:

On focus 12, what am I doing? Am I expanding my consciousness toward the astral? It would help me if my neck would calm down and focus 10 would be more pure I guess.

On focus 10, do you even feel your body? Is there a "wrong" way to do it?

Thanks.

Korpo
12th July 2010, 12:49 PM
Hello, sandmanfvr.

My personal impression is that optimum would be if awareness of the body moved into the background. Think of that numb, warm feeling you might before falling asleep. I think a good Focus trance feels like that - you kind of drift.

Of course there are many variations of the experience, so don't get too hung up on getting it "right" or like this or like that. Explore the state. Read a bit about typical trance symptoms here on the site and you will know when you "get there."

I think the thing you were supposed to do in the exercise you were talking about is release everything until you arrive at the neutral energy underlying everything and reclaiming that. That can feel very interesting, for example like a "rush."

Tight muscles you can work on with energy work, having a massage or for example with the "Energy Bar Tool" and "Living Body Map" exercises from the Gateway Experience tapes themselves. The pronounced tightness might happen because you overall awareness of internal energy flow increases and this is a typical tight spot or "bottleneck" flow. You could also say that it's a typical spot to be blocked and tight in - that's the same in effect.

So, you could work on this area of your body to enable better energy flow and allow a deeper relaxation and trance with less distractions. Otherwise it sounds like you're doing well.

Keep a curious attitude, experiment with the states you find yourself in. Especially Focus 12 seems to be all about experimenting with additional sensory input and the energy body. Have an open mind and register what happens. Don't have too much expectations if you can.

Cheers,
Oliver

sandmanfvr
12th July 2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have done years of work in energy, chakras etc and Hemi Sync is the best for me at least. Robert Monroe is awesome, sad he is past but he is far beyond us now in a pure energy. :D I sometimes have to use muscle relaxants to get my muscles to let go of knots, but will try the energy work. I want to take this onto the next level as I am more proficient on cycling energy, cleaning and aligning chakras etc that I am ready to go to the next plane. Stupid neck muscles. :mrgreen:

Oh yes, once I focused on turning off the pain and it worked so I can affect the pain if need be, but want to alleviate the source.

Alienor
13th July 2010, 07:41 AM
Stupid neck muscles.
Maybe you are just doing what I used to do years back. Watch yourself how you hold your head. One tends to stick out ones head a bit forward (like a turtle) when sitting at computers, but that carries over to everything. Check what your neck/head does when you walk, when you listen intently to someone, when you drive your car, when sitting on a bench and watching something.
Remind yourself during the day to check, does your head float like a balloon above your body, thus stretching the neck and whole spine. If your head does have a position in front of your body center, the neck muscles need to do lots of work to hold it in place. Instead find a position where the head is resting above the center of your body.

And when you start watching people, how they hold their heads, you will see many which will have neck pain or headaches in the evening - always a good moment to check on ones own posture :wink:

sandmanfvr
14th July 2010, 12:24 PM
DUH! Thank you I should think of that. After I read that yesterday, lifted my head at work and have to do it now. When I get sore muscles, I actually try to NOT make them sore and by doing this slouch down more. I did massages to myself yesterday and last night, much better. Almost gone, but been sore for so many days that it is still going to take a few days to get gone.

I did advanced focus 10 2 days ago (took last night off with neck) and I got alot of vibrations going but they didn't hold. I think I am getting closer.

sandmanfvr
15th July 2010, 12:27 PM
Double posting to update. My neck is much better, but now I am at a point I was a long time ago: Focus 10 doesn't hold. I find that I "come out of it" and I am fully awake. Not as bad as before, but I have to force myself back into it. Had twice muscle twitches last night disrupt it. I did though have a weird experience. once when Dr. Monroe said "10" I had jolt of blue and well "something" in my vision and it was gone. Almost like an oval. I had the room dark, so no light bothered me and I didn't open my eyes. Weird, cool and didn't scare me just shocked me. Ideas on keeping focus 10 and what I saw?

Korpo
15th July 2010, 12:43 PM
Which of your muscles do twitch? That's probably the raised energy flow happening. When raised energy flow hits energetic blockages in your muscles twitches and pulsing are typical reactions.

I don't think you have to "force" yourself back into it - just redo the counting cue and the relaxation routine to get back to the feeling you had.

The visual thing could be a good sign, some etheric vision maybe. However it's probably best if you don't expect things to happen the same way on other times you try. It may or may not repeat, but it's an indication that you're surely getting "the hang of it" when such spontaneous things happen.

Cheers,
Oliver

sandmanfvr
15th July 2010, 12:45 PM
My arm a couple times. I don't expect anything, but I did TRY alot harder maybe not do that. I did on the second time (had time on my hand and did meditations) not try so hard. I did see a few times I say 10 to go into focus 10 and my neck START hurting again. Weird.

7LevelTraveler
17th October 2010, 10:35 PM
If we are aware of our bodies, we are not in focus; at least not fully there. When we become "aware" that we are no longer aware of our body, we have overcome the body/mind duality that we all live in most of the time. I find, however, that often when I am in pretty deep focus, my body begins swaying gently back and forth. It takes me out of focus and it takes conscious effort to stop it, so I usually just let it go and try to regain my focus level.
Another thing that many of us forget is that many of the issues that the Gateway Experience can help us resolve, took years for us to create :-) and we should not expect the miracle solution that we'd often love to experience.

Re the sore neck: I've found, and heard from many others, that sitting up for long periods of time with headphones on, esp. if we tend to doze off a bit, and the head drops forward or backward, can be helped by using a so-called sleep pillow so that you can do the work laying down. I find this useful doing the Hemi-Sync "Wake/Know" exercise in which you need to get really relaxed while Bob Monroe takes you through the steps.

sandmanfvr
18th October 2010, 02:23 PM
Been awhile but neck healed as the muscles relaxed. I stopped Hemi Sync again, my body keep "jolting awake". I think I need a sensory deprivation tank. I am not quitting in anger, but my body just won't slow down for some reason.