PDA

View Full Version : Re-Dreaming

Neil Templar
14th July 2010, 01:21 PM
Re: the Using the Dream State to Affect Waking Reality thread...

i often find myself waking from a dream, and realising i've missed another opportunity to do something similar...
Next time that happens, you could just go back and relax, continuing the dream or change the dream in the way you think appropriate. That is a kind of meditation technique and often brings very good results! :D In that way you do not miss another chance, but instead take it. :wink:

i did this last night, several times in fact.
i found myself waking after a dream, unsatisfied with my actions during the dream.
i settled back down with the intention to go back and re-dream the scenario, but this time adjusting my reactions, and making them become considered responses,rather than simply reactions, with the intent of serving the highest good for all involved.
it was a successful exercise. the scenario played out and i responded more considerately, resulting in a different outcome.

there was a moment when a dream ended, and i still felt like my actions could have been "better", but then i realised that i had indeed acted in the appropriate way to ensure the highest good for ALL involved...

i reckon that by making this process (consciously considering every action with the intention of creating an outcome with the highest good for all involved), a habit during dream-time, the process will inevitably filter thru to the waking mind subconsciously...

(hopefully by-passing the need to re-live each moment twice to make sure it happens :wink: :lol: )

Korpo
14th July 2010, 01:47 PM
Hello, Neil.

I was recommended something similar a while ago, but I could not pull it off. (At the moment I would be happy if I could fall asleep at night or when I wake up...)

But for what it's worth, I think you're absolutely on the right track here.

Cheers,
Oliver

Alienor
14th July 2010, 04:06 PM
Great to hear it does work right away so well for you!!! :D

Neil Templar
14th July 2010, 05:00 PM
i'm going to experiment with this technique.
i think it's particularly good for me, as i seem to wake naturally at the end of each dream cycle anyway, and getting "back in" is something i've always found easy...usually with no more intention than to continue dreaming.
i guess the ultimate would be to tap into that manifesting potential discussed in the original post by Beekeeper... 8)

i'll let you guys know how it goes..

Beekeeper
15th July 2010, 06:48 AM
Awesome, Neil. I wonder what possibilities you'll discover! 8)

Neil Templar
18th July 2010, 10:57 AM
WOW!!! RE-DREAMING FOR SOMEONE ELSE!!!
very unusual dreaming going on last night!! :shock:

before going to sleep, i set my intention firmly, to do some "integrating:, and to master whatever i came across.
i would be successful in dealing with any issues my dreams brought to my attention, including facing down "bad guys".(more on this in another thread..)

so, first i had this dream, with lots of very prominent symbolism going on, but i was dreaming for my cousin Amanda.
like, not just getting a hint that this stuff was for her, I WAS AMANDA DREAMING within my dream! :shock:
then, in the dream, i woke up, remembering each of the symbols, and being surprised that i'd been Amanda in the dream. i decided to go back in and "re-dream" to get to the bottom of the symbols...so i went back to sleep, and once again became Amanda, re-dreaming and sorting out the symbols!!

when i woke up for real, the symbols were gone, but i had integrated whatever their meanings were during the second dream successfully anyway, so i'm not sure that remembering them would be advantageous at all..

Beekeeper
18th July 2010, 10:45 PM
This is fantastic! :D