PDA

View Full Version : Entering Focus 12 ...?

Tiger
20th July 2010, 10:05 PM
Hey everyone, G'day ....

been using Hemi-Sync for a while now and got familiarized with focus 10 the state of Mind awake-body asleep... supposedly you should feel deep body relaxation, this kinda heavy / light feeling ( if you know what i mean ) sudden involuntary movements, soft energy rushes .... but after this stage i have no clue how to go into focus 12 ....

i have been trying the ''intro to focus 12'' and Bob suggest a counting method from "10 to 12" and then you will be in focus 10, now, i think it works parallel with the audio you are picking up at that time... but what if it takes longer for me? or i cant pick up this shifting ?

does transition from 10 to 12 relates to sleep cycles somehow?

what are the characteristics of focus 12, like to know when i am near entering it?

several times before (without the use of Hemisync) i have found myself in this "etheric body" tied to my "physical body'' where i can see the surroundings of my room clearly, and if i focus well enough i can see my hands or arms like transparent ... is this focus 12?

anyways... hope someone relates and gives out some hints!!!

THANKS! :D

Tiger.

CFTraveler
21st July 2010, 12:41 AM
Hi Tiger.
While you get more specific responses I recommend reading this article (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10659)- it is very helpful.
Ps. Are you the Tiger I know?

Korpo
21st July 2010, 12:12 PM
Hello, Tiger.

The counting is not inducing the experience. The HemiSync signal in the background is supposed to attune your brainwaves to that specific state of consciousness. So, counting does not induce the experience when you listen to the tape the first time, but the binaural sounds do.

The counting serves a wholly different purpose. The counting provides something similar to a posthypnotic cue (here it is mostly like self hypnosis). A cue is useful for triggering a behaviour or state again. So, basically what Robert does here is give you a signal which you can use to go to that state later on without the use of binaural tones.

So, first you do the progressive relaxation routine that Robert teaches you when teaching you Focus 10. This helps you relax and loosen up. Other parts of the preparation/induction part of the tape serve a similar function - I'd say resonant tuning can be helpful in relaxing, for example, but maybe also calming the mind and possible other effects. Then you let the HemiSync tones take you to the exact state desired.

The relaxation and other things I think already induce a trance. But then the HemiSync signal moves you into specific trance states that are considered more helpful, and according to Bruce Moen also less influenced by the environment we humans generate everyday.

After you've done this often enough (it's not called "en-training" for nothing) you should be able to get into the state by doing the relaxation routine, any of the startup exercises and then counting yourself into the state you want. Your brain/mind by then knows what you mean by doing this and results should be good. I sometimes had very interesting results by spontaneously trying to count myself into Focus 12.

Cheers,
Oliver

Tiger
21st July 2010, 09:45 PM
nice, thanks a lot both, Oliver and Travelerl!

I read the article and catched some insights... maybe i need to explore consciousness instead of thinking of a gradual process with an OBE goal...
one thing remains, when Oliver says
So, basically what Robert does here is give you a signal which you can use to go to that state later on without the use of binaural tones.
i've been listening to focus 12 tapes but the sound wont induce it yet... i try not to expect it much but still nothing happens, do i need more familiarizing with it?
anything to do with sound levels? (i set the volume so i can barely hear Bob )

i dunno... i just have the feel that the tapes go too "fast" and i am being held behind in this "threshold" of consciousness, maybe is just natural for some people, for some others takes more practice...

ps. maybe not the tiger from AS like you asked before :) but glad to meet you !

Korpo
22nd July 2010, 01:36 PM
What do you expect to happen when you enter Focus 12?

Cheers,
Oliver

CFTraveler
22nd July 2010, 03:10 PM
ps. maybe not the tiger from AS like you asked before but glad to meet you ! I just remembered asking you before- that's what happens when you get old. The second thing to go is the memory.

Tiger
22nd July 2010, 04:07 PM
mmm ... Maybe not expect, but probably some recognition on the shift... ? mm not to say "hey i'm here, this is focus 12" but more like " hold on, this is new " ...
i suspect the ''symptoms'' for each focus level might happen or not... but if there are some common to focus 12 what are those? lets say Hypnagogic Imagery or sounds for example?

and ... just a random question, have you heard about Tibetan Dream Yoga ?

Peace Friends! :)

Tiger.

Korpo
22nd July 2010, 06:44 PM
Hello, Tiger.

The shifts of states of consciousness a gradual and kind of rely on allowing. The watched kettle never boils, kinda.

One of my initial reactions to Focus 12 was absolute boredom. It took me quite literally "quite a while" to figure out that time had slowed. The effects differed from session to session - in one session my mind seemed to have slowed down so much in between the reference points of Robert's voice that I broke off the session because it seemed to take forever for Robert to finish counting.

I listened to the parts of the session without the headphones later on only to discover that the passage that seemed to have taken forever was rather short with no extraordinary pauses. But as soon as the talking was gone and there was just the HemiSync I had no more reference point, as I said.

On another occasion I went into a trance state where everything Robert said only came through at half-speed or less. It was like he was speaking really slow, but this was just a normal CD player. All that had changed was my perception.

So, these are effects that can or cannot happen with the Focus 12 tape. I never expected any of that. If that would have happened with the Focus 15 tape - okay. Might have made sense. Go figure.

That's why I think expecting anything dramatic to happen might prevent some extraordinary things from happening. Go with the exercises. Stay with it. See what happens for you.

Cheers,
Oliver

CFTraveler
22nd July 2010, 11:41 PM
Random answer, yes, here's a good link: http://www.dreamyoga.com/

Tiger
23rd July 2010, 04:16 PM
i can relate to what u say, now that i recall i do remember having a long time waiting for the "12" in bob's voice ... like u say i need to stay with the exercises, maybe when i have enough ground on them i can find the mental tools to phase in other directions, but the way you describe it, sounds i have actually gotten in "12" before ...

to you both, about the Dream Yoga i was asking because i am a buddhist practitioner and even tho i don't currently develop in dream yoga practices ( buddhist practices are so many ) i have a book that might be interesting to read if you like... at least i will check it out! hehehe it's called '' The Tibetan Yogas Of Dream and sleep" by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, its a PDF and i can e-mail if you want! :)

well, thank you both for your time and sharing of experience

all yours,

Tiger.

CFTraveler
23rd July 2010, 04:24 PM
If it's a legal pdf, go ahead and post a link to it in the dreaming research forum, I'm officially giving you permission.

Tiger
23rd July 2010, 04:33 PM
well, i'ts one of my books actually and i scanned it into a pdf ... so dunno if thats legal ... hehehe guess not?

CFTraveler
23rd July 2010, 05:35 PM
Probably not, so don't.

Korpo
23rd July 2010, 06:35 PM
I have a softcover version of that book, it's still in print. My guess would be it's not legal to upload it.

Cheer,
Oliver