PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Levels

dreamosis
22nd July 2010, 08:37 PM
No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. - Albert Einstein

Just possibly...

A problem in the physical body needs the etheric to solve it; a problem in the etheric needs the astral to solve it; a problem in the astral needs the mental to solve it; a problem in the mental needs the spirit to solve it.

Thoughts?

CFTraveler
22nd July 2010, 11:49 PM
I tend not to take it so literally- a problem in the body may have started in the etheric, or in the body itself. But I still would get my bones set in a splint (in the physical) if I fractured it (in the physical) and then find out if I have an emotional problem that made me trip in the first place (etheric) or even if I have some sort of mental processing problem which needs to be looked at (in the mental)- but just because a problem starts in a specific body doesn't mean it's the only work that needs to be done- it's the equivalent on work on the chakras- start at the bottom, and keep working upwards until the source of the problem is addressed- but the symptoms have to be addressed too.
Just a thought.

ButterflyWoman
22nd July 2010, 11:51 PM
I still would get my bones set in a splint (in the physical) if I fractured it (in the physical) and then find out if I have an emotional problem that made me trip in the first place (etheric) or even if I have some sort of mental processing problem which needs to be looked at (in the mental)
That's my approach, as well.

dreamosis
23rd July 2010, 05:39 PM
For a physical problem, use a physical solution. That's been my motto for a while.

What I'm contemplating now is that, in acutality, the body doesn't repair itself without the correct commands -- as in the case of autoimmune diseases or cancer. There's been a breakdown, in those cases, of interbody communication and so usually the intellect (a higher order of consciousness) is required for repair. Technically speaking, it's the same situation with a splint. A splint is a simple "technology," but if you imaginatively roll back time, you can see that at some point humans didn't know about splints. Likewise, at a point in the past humans didn't know about infection by pathogens, and so were less able to solve that problem on a physical plane. (In reality, that knowledge has probably been acquired and lost and acquired again; but it was only very recently -- the late 1800s -- that the Germ Theory of Disease was universally proven in terms of physical observation.)

In the very strictest sense, no problem in the physical body can be solved without the etheric. If the etheric uncouples from the physical, then its molecules become critically subject to entropy and it decomposes, similar to how sandstone is eroded by rain. But that's only in the strictest sense.

This last week it occured to me that while chemotherapy for cancer is a blunt, medieval approach, it's also based on an extremely intelligent observation: cancer cells have weaknesses they cannot defend. No cancer cell can survive a high level of chemical poisoning or radiation. I say chemotherpy/radiation is medieval because, as everyone knows, the cure is as painful as the disease -- the treatment kills parts of you along with the tumors.

The person who devised chemo and radiation, whether they knew it or not, was solving the problem by jumping levels. Instead of solving the problem in the domain of biology, they decided to solve it by drawing from the inorganic world. The solution is inelegant, but still effective.

A feature of meditation that has amazed me over the years is that if I draw my attention deep inside myself, to what feels like the very core, then emotional and mental problems can relatively suddenly solve themselves. Actually, more accurately, what happens is that in getting in touch with the perspective of spirit, "problems" are less problematic.

You can't be too broad with this level-jumping idea. Going to the ER for a broken foot is a good idea. But do you solve conflicts in the ego while in ego?

The idea isn't necessarily radical, but it's amazingly easy to forget. And it can be devastating if you ignore it. Think about how bacteria is becoming increasingly resistant to antibiotic drugs. That's happening because medical researchers are trying to solve a problem at the same level of the problem. If you imagine a bacterium as having a gun, all scientists are doing is pointing a bigger gun at the bacterium. This causes the bacterium to get a bigger gun, which causes the scientists to build a bigger one, and so and so on. They're not asking themselves What is it that bacteria cannot defend against?

A lot of countermeasures against Negs involve fighting Negs at their level, but what is it that Negs cannot defend against?