PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Based Lifeforms' "Supersede" (song)

Seeuzin
24th July 2010, 02:45 AM
Summary: Dream-like, ethereal trance-ish electronic (but slower than your average trance song.) Boring beat, but absolutely enchanting work with the synths imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSMfGaVFW4s

This song really reminds me of "higher" spiritual energies...like Pleiadean in particular...when I try to explain what it makes me feel like to friends, I generally say something along the lines of "Well....I don't know what it's like to be an alien, of course, but if I were one, and had to describe what it felt like musically, it'd sound like THIS!!! :lol: "

It's a "psybient" (psychedelic-ambient-electronic) song (at least in my opinion...not good with genres,) and while it has one of the most boring, cliche trance beats and basslines imaginable, there is this "dreamy" stuff on top that just makes it great....if you can ignore the fact that the beat never strays from the trance formula a bit, it's awesome. Actually I think that this might not be entirely a bad thing; it lets you focus on the dreamy synth sounds.

4:39 is my favorite part - they add an additional synth that's awesome.

Other good songs by this artist for those who like the sound are Reaktion (somehow this manages to get across a playful/inquisitive OR pensive mood to me, depending on how I listen to it,) Photosynthesis (sounds organic, like it grew out of something, literally...despite the fact that there are no natural instruments in it,) and Abiogenesis (I love the whispered "Wake up!" vocal in it....I listen to it and think that if the Buddha had somehow lived 2500 years later and was also into composing electronic music, that it might've sounded like this. :lol: )

All personal opinion, of course...but I've been listening to this song on repeat for an hour, I had to share it.

Jambu
24th July 2010, 04:50 AM
:)

I'm totally responding to those sounds. Nice and thank you for sharing!

Korpo
24th July 2010, 06:42 AM
Hello, Seuuzin.

I just listened to it, and wasn't too much into it.

However, at the 5:30 mark I paid a bit more attention to it and thought something like "this probably has a third eye opening aspect" from the way the music is arranged, and I felt a cool energy in one of the layers of my energy field, like at least my upper body was enveloped in a flow of cooling energy.

This is usually a good thing, and this actually happened as I repeated it. I kind of feel "opened." It also felt as if my head had expanded - all the "inner measurements" were off. I was trying to determine if the spot I was feeling was the third eye, and I thought it was, but I would have expected it "lower in my body." After a while of observation I found it was indeed the third eye and my inner body image had changed in a subtle way.

The effect is still with me as I write this, and it got retriggered also I think when I relistened to the song from the 5:30 mark.

Cheers,
Oliver

Seeuzin
24th July 2010, 01:37 PM
Hey Korpo, yeah, it seemed higher-chakra activating to me too. I notice some songs make me feel more "human" (in a positive way) in the sense that they ground me into THIS reality and human ways of processing experience. This song takes me to a different place, which is great sometimes, but sometimes, when I feel I need to process my experience in an earthy/human way (don't know how better to describe it) then I don't want to listen to it. However I find listening to this song is useful for "rising above" the human energies that are more negative. Listening to this song while channeling healing energy to affected areas is great for that for me.

Oh, and I didn't really notice anything different happening at the 5:30 mark, no new synths or percussive elements...that really piques my curiousity! Thanks for sharing.

*edited to add - I saw a comment on Youtube saying "Great album that was definitely worth the 11 euros I paid for it! I even got a personal thank you note from the distributor and a stick of incense in the package. :)"

LOL - sounds like they made the music with spiritually-minded folks as their intended audience....incense with the album...that made me chuckle =P

Korpo
24th July 2010, 03:40 PM
Hello, Seuuzin.

Well, you mentioned something happening at the 4:39 mark. Maybe I missed that and when I started to pay attention it started to work.

Cheers,
Oliver