PDA

View Full Version : Time to start again from the begining....

Nergal
10th March 2006, 11:04 AM
This is now 4 months since I bought MAP. I started the program on january the 13th. I had a full week of training trying to find sufficient time to perform the exercices.....HArd to find that when you're a father of a thwo years and a half baby boy with a very pragmatic wife and a full time job that doesn't allow much time for leisure... Thus my choice was to perform the exercices in the morning @ arround 6:00 am, taking a shower @ 7 and leaving for the office till 8 pm.... After one week, I found it very difficult to carry on that way, even though I had some feeling that energy work was performing well. I stopped after a tense discussion with my wife. But now I want to re-start all this. I have in the mean time read the Bulhman Book and started Monroe"s essay (+ baought muldoon's one) still showing the same interest for Astral projection. The only time for perfoming exercices is in the morning (before shower & leaving) + practicing when going to bed ( my wife wouldn't dare, and I understand easily why, to have a husband coming back from work @8pm and leaving for nergy work during 90days.....Don't know how others with a family and a social life manage to conciliate all this. My questions is to get from you all advices on how to best deal with this and to answer the below question: is is a real problem to stop the program for a while and restart from where it has been left or should all 90days be consecutive ? an answer from the authors would surely be appreciated. Thanks & blessings !

CFTraveler
10th March 2006, 04:22 PM
I felt I should answer this because I was in a similar situation in the beginning. As a wife and mother and also having 2 part time jobs I can relate to this a bit. I eventually did finish the 90 days but it took me longer. I didn't have problems with my husband and the practice (let's face it, it's just laying down/reclining for a period of time- where the problem (it's all good now, though) was will all the time I spend reading the forums. But that's another thread. Anyway, a month into the program I was exhausted- so I changed a few things in the way I did it.
1-Since I naturally wake up around 4:30-5 every morning, I automatically do energy work and go into trance (since I'm already half asleep, trance comes quickly.) If I OBE, I lose sleep, if I don't, I don't.
I do real energy work (by the book) in the afternoons, when I'm in the car line waiting for my son (it's from 30 min.s to an hour wait). You can do this when you get home from work- take your napping child and take an energy work 'nap' or something like this.
It's ok to skip days if you have to (due to energy depletion) and you don't have to do the BWGen that often. Once a week is fine for me, and I would sometimes skip weeks. It's to me the thing that takes the most time, because of the limitation (you have to be by the computer or laptop, etc.) In my case I took a 2 month break after about 2 months, but when I started again (were I left off) I started OB'ing right away, and to the tune of 2 a month. So I highly recommend the program. BTW, the energy problems went away after a brief break, it's a matter of the body getting used to all this mindfulness (awareness) during sleep. But you get used to it and it becomes second nature. I don't know what the experts will say, but it's ok to do things every other day, or do what I did, take a month off and then reread and take it up where you left off.

enoch
10th March 2006, 11:34 PM
I've been starting from scratch on and off for a good few years and always learning something new each time, finding different perspectives, etc. I've not had a 'full blown' projection yet, but your words are encouraging. Cheers! :P

Astralonaut
13th March 2006, 03:11 PM
I'd say if you've only done week 1 so far, it can't hurt to redo it, after all it's just a week.

If you'd be further, I'd suggest to redo the final day of each week and see if you still reach each week's targets. If no, redo the single days, if yes, move on to the next week's final day, etc.

BriMercer
13th March 2006, 11:24 PM
Nergal,

I can appreciate your busy schedule and applaud your creativity in finding time to make OBE happen. That's just the kind of enthusiasm that will ultimately drive your success.

When creatng the 90-day program, I went through many iterations in an effort to make it both thorough and practical. I've settled into a routine that I've found pretty successful; maybe it will work for you, too.

It would be helpful if you can structure your life in such a way as not to create too much of a sleep deficit. I find that I often wake up early in the morning (2 to 3 o'clock) where my body still wants more sleep but where my mind wants to go on thinking about all sorts of miscellaneous topics. This can happen up to four or five nights per week. I've found these states ideal for OBE and have had my best success consistently over time using these opportunities for practice.

This is my routine when I find myself in such states: Get up, go to the bathroom, get back in bed lying on my back and relax. Since I've been asleep for several hours, I'm usually pretty relaxed already. And since my wife is usually asleep, I generally won't disturb her if I snore a little.

Robert and I dedicate a section in MAP about finding the ideal place for OBE practice. One's bed isn't the best place, as the body is conditioned to go to sleep there. I've found that since I've just had several hours sleep and I'm not naturally going to sleep on my own, that this state helps balance the body's nature inclination to fall asleep in bed. Also, I don't sleep very well on my back. So, resting on my back (for me) has been like telling my subconscious "I'm practicing OBE now."

At this point, I'm in a great position to do energy work, practice mind taming, raise energy, do primary center stimulation, practice OBE. Since usually I'm trying for an OBE, I'm mostly focusing on keeping very relaxed and keeping my mind quiet. If I need a little push to get deeper into trance, I put on headphones and use the BWGen. (I have this set-up so it's under the bed and at night I take it out and get it ready, putting the headphones on my nightstand for easy access.) The BWGen isn't an essential step for getting into trance but it usually comes much faster.

As CFTraveler mentions above, not all the daily OBE routine need be done at the same time, especially in Part 1 of the program. If you can use waiting time to your advantage during the day for part of it, you'll shorten the morning sessions.

Using this method I find I'm getting 3 to 5 practice sessions in a week without disrupting my daily schedule. In fact, this is time I'd otherwise just be lying in bed contemplating trivial things. Using this method will take you longer to go through the 90-day program, but it may be less disruptive for your family life.

Brian

bastien001
14th March 2006, 09:14 AM
Hi,

I was basically in the same situation as you : physical world wife, my young daughter Justine, a working life.
>What I do is practice MAP program days on saturdays and sundays.
>The rest of the week, I keep practicing on newly , and older, technics to improve at them.
Keep in mind that what you "lose" at program pace, you gain it at practicing amount and ultimately mastering the techniques.
What you lose a little bit of one side, you'll gain it at the other side, don't worry.

It 'll take me more than 90 days to complete the program, but whatever.
The important thing to me is to be due to a rythm, a pace, that' you'll carry on.
To train every days, I take advantage of train treval time, which amounts to 2 hours per day (2X 1 hour).
I practice energy work, mind taming, body loosening techniques. The only things you cannot really do are :
- real sound deep physical relaxation (as there's always some "tension" when you're seated ina a moving train)
- OBE exit training itself (part 2 of the MAP)
So you can learn a great bulk of things with practising.

Another important thing : please don't "stop" the program unless you want it or need it yourself. Try to find that pace that your woman will be happy of, you child, and ultimately yourself, feeling yourself learning each and every day. If you feel you practice, you'll get progress. If you feel you learn and get progress, you'll be happy.
And that's what the program is meant for : to make you happier, I guess.