PDA

View Full Version : therapeutic dreaming

silverchord12
27th July 2010, 12:37 PM
I have, throughout the past year or so, made a strong intention to work out unresolved issues and remember repressed memories from my past. During the past couple of weeks I've been doing just this while dreaming; confronting family members with much needed communication, reuniting with people I've grown apart from, etc.
Last night as a particularly profound and meaningful one of these was coming to a close and I was slowly regaining wakefulness, I heard a voice interpereting somewhat hurriedly the meaning of all of the aspects of the dream and spilling forth secrets concerning reality. In the dream I was listening intently and lapping all of it up. The more wakeful I became and the more I consciously tried to listen and understand, the more cloudy and unintelligible the voice became, but I felt intuitively that my subconscious/unconscious was still soaking it all in.
I feel that the voice was a more intelligent aspect of myself that, because of my intention to heal, has been working with me in my most unguarded state. Does this make sense to anyone?
I've been reading theories about the universe acting as sort of a holograph; dreams being nothing more than an internal holograph-no less real that waking consciousness (an external holograph). Imagery can be very powerful in the process of healing, no? If this is so, then dreaming-which is acute creative imagery, seems to quite fit the bill!
I have good feelings about it, and it is very exciting! Pleasant and productive dreams to all of you!

CFTraveler
27th July 2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks Silverchord, to you too.

Korpo
28th July 2010, 02:05 PM
Hello, silverchord12.

In the theosophic model there exist higher aspects of yourself - represented as "higher energy bodies" that you can experience and that you also can "experience from." This also means you can experience sometimes even from several levels of reality, or have different "levels" of yourself (or your self) communicate with each other.

One possible way to represent this is as a dialogue, though there is some likelihood also that the partner in this conversation could have been a guide.

Cheers,
Oliver

silverchord12
29th July 2010, 02:58 PM
That's wild! Seems to open up some exciting possibilities. I would like to get to know these aspects--to give them a chance to experience being in the body. How does one go about this?

Korpo
29th July 2010, 03:28 PM
Hello, silverchord12.

I would like to get to know these aspects--to give them a chance to experience being in the body.

To simplify it a bit: I'd say this is what you are currently doing just by having been born. ;)

But I think this would be closer to what you are asking:

Spiritual development and the willingness to learn in this reality generally extend your waking and dream personalities ever upward until you might perceive for example parts of your dream life from these higher perspectives, or even your waking reality. Until then you might experience them as being "outside of you" in your dreams for example.

What can you do? Be open. The higher aspects of yourself will contact you. Be receptive, be willing to listen, don't have too many expectations, learn to listen to your intuitions.

Cheers,
Oliver

silverchord12
30th July 2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks, Korpo!