PDA

View Full Version : My experiences with shadow people

Lono
10th March 2006, 04:40 PM
Hello, all. This is my first post, and I hope I'm putting it in the right forum. I'm not sure these incidences were attacks, but they sure felt like it, so here goes:

I've had two experiences in my life in which I encountered shadow people. It wasn't until after my more recent encounter that I even knew there was a term for these things.

The first incident happened when I was 6 years old, and living in an old house in Arkansas. This house was unusual, in that the only way to reach my room was to go through my parents' room, then a bathroom with two connecting doors. In other words, there is no way someone could get to my room without going to my parents' room first.

I had many strange occurences during my stay in this house. I would frequently awaken with that feeling of cobwebs on my face I hear people on this forum describing. Once I would open my eyes, I would see a ghastly white, disembodied head floating above my face. It had large, dark eyes, and a big downturned slash for a mouth. It also had wild white hair, so I referred to it as "the mophead."

Once during this time I was having trouble sleeping (imagine that!), when I saw my bedroom door open. The light was on in the bathroom, so I could see perfectly. Standing in the doorway was the sillouhette of a man, pointing something at me. He appeared to be bald, or to have a stocking over his head, so I assumed he was pointing a gun at me. I dove under the covers and stayed there for what felt like forever, until I got the courage to look once again. This time, the figure was gone, but the door was still open!

I went into my parents' room, and saw that my mother was reading, and my father was lying next to her, asleep. I asked my mom if my dad had been in my room, and she said 'no, he's been asleep." Now, don't ask me why I didn't just tell her what I saw. For some reason, I only needed to make sure it wasn't my father.

Fast forward almost 30 years. A couple of months ago, I was having trouble sleeping because of a bad case of heartburn. I began feeling a severe pain in my right side, so I thought it might even be a gallbladder attack. Once, I was drifting in and out of consciousness, but not really asleep, when I "thought" I looked at my bedroom doorway and saw a huge figure in sillouhette standing there. It had to be at least 7 feet tall, and it was blacker than black-- even outlined sharply, like a computer-generated figure. Strangely, it appeared to be covered in leaves! I say this, because the impression I had of it was sort of a swamp-thing, because there were these leafy protrustions around its head.

I can't even begin to describe the level of terror I felt. It was a primordial terror that was even greater than I think I would feel if it had been an actual person. But here's the strange thing-- I said to it, "I'm ready to face you now!" What the heck? In no way, shape, or form did I feel ready or have any desire to "face" this thing, whatever that meant. But still, I heard myself saying these words. To my surprise, the thing retreated further from my doorway. I was almost disappointed, because I wanted to get this "facing" thing over with so I'd never have to see it again.

I almost forget to mention-- while everything in my room, including my doorway, appeared normal, what was outside the doorway bore no relation to the actual rest of my house. It appeared to be nothing but whiteness, and I got the feeling it didn't lead to my hallway. I have no idea why.

Was this a Neg? If so, what was its purpose, and did I handle it correctly? Has anyone heard of the shadow people that I've been reading about since this encounter?

DAN
10th March 2006, 05:12 PM
Lono

Welcome to the forum! Did the atmosphere in your room seem dense
weird like you could cut it with a knife? Your pain in your side, i'm not
completly sure but i've seen it in alot of book's is this seem's a common
place for neg's to nest, that's were mine seem's to hang out. I understand
about the fear thing when it's induced it is one strong fealing and i don't
scare easy.

Dan

CFTraveler
10th March 2006, 06:19 PM
It could be a series of things:
hypnagogic imagery- did this apparition resemble the first one? If it did, there's a chance that you were in trance. Do you suffer from sleep paralsis?
ghost- is this a new place? Have you had other weird stuff happen after you moved there?
Neg- Do you fall into trance easily? Because for some reason (at least for me) negs only appear in transitional 'areas'.

Lono
10th March 2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the response and the warm welcome, guys!

Yes, Dan, the atmosphere was indeed dense. Also, I forgot to mention that the pain actually went away once I confronted this creature. I did think the thing may have been causing the pain, but I hate the thought of it "nesting." I wonder if I got rid of it?

CF-- Several strange things have happened in this house, for sure, so I know it could be ghost-related. Also, I do go into self-induced trance quite easily. I used to do trance channellings years ago, and I used to practice inducing OBE's before that. I'm just now getting back into OBE research. Does this mean I'm more susceptible to negs, or just that I can see them more easily when I'm in transition?

CFTraveler
10th March 2006, 08:07 PM
There are many theories regarding negs (lots of info in this forum) but they seem to be observed in transitional phases,like being in trance, being in the RTZ and trying to go astral, and this type of 'transitional' phase. ( No one really knows why). They are believed to be 'wildlife' of these dimensions, so people who ob, or go into some type of trance which lets them 'see', will also let them see negs, and since the prevailing theory is that they feed on fear energy, seeing them will scare you, being scared will attract them to you. So it's a vicious circle. So if you never have anything to do with the conscious perception of astral wildlife, don't develop fear of them, they they shouldn't bother you, unless your 'regular waking' life is full of fear and negativity.
Having said this, it's also useful to note that people who get sleep paralysis, also get the 'dweller on the threshold' phenomenon, and that is possibly a hallucination caused by the brain. So it's possible that your particular manifestation may be that, and if you get it, it's also possible.
What to do? Well, IMO whatever works- if you have a religious persuasion then adopt any countermeasures that you believe in, and it should protect you, whether the problem is 'astral' or 'psychological'. Just remember, fear is the enemy. :)

DAN
10th March 2006, 09:44 PM
Lono

The image that it's giving you of it is not it's true self. This image is
mean't to scare you. Look up Robert's core image work and you can get
a real glimce of it. I bet it won't look scary, infact it will be the opposite
i've never seen anything flee as fast as they can! After that the fear part
kinda take's care of it self. Good luck

Dan

12th March 2006, 01:17 PM

I was just going to mention that...these things pull a lot of tactics to insert crap into you, mainly with frightening images.

Lono
12th March 2006, 05:30 PM
Lono

Dan

One interesting thing that happened after this experience, is that I had a dream in which I was helping a friend face her biggest fear. In my mind's eye this was the same creature, only it wasn't in shadow form. It was tall, green, and covered in leaves. I was going to take her to it in a car, and for some reason I needed to reserve a place where it could sit in the back seat, but not anywhere else. So I picked up handfuls of dried leaves and put piles everyewhere it could *not* sit. I woke up before we went on the journey.

I'm still confused as to whether this was my own shadow I was facing, or whether it was a neg. I still don't know whether I handled it correctly. How do you know whether what you're afraid of is a neg or a teacher of some sort? In other words, is fear itself an indication of another's intentions, or is it simply a reaction to something unknown and powerful?

animosity
13th March 2006, 02:03 AM
Hello, all. This is my first post, and I hope I'm putting it in the right forum. I'm not sure these incidences were attacks, but they sure felt like it, so here goes:

I've had two experiences in my life in which I encountered shadow people. It wasn't until after my more recent encounter that I even knew there was a term for these things.

The first incident happened when I was 6 years old, and living in an old house in Arkansas. This house was unusual, in that the only way to reach my room was to go through my parents' room, then a bathroom with two connecting doors. In other words, there is no way someone could get to my room without going to my parents' room first.

I had many strange occurences during my stay in this house. I would frequently awaken with that feeling of cobwebs on my face I hear people on this forum describing. Once I would open my eyes, I would see a ghastly white, disembodied head floating above my face. It had large, dark eyes, and a big downturned slash for a mouth. It also had wild white hair, so I referred to it as "the mophead."

Once during this time I was having trouble sleeping (imagine that!), when I saw my bedroom door open. The light was on in the bathroom, so I could see perfectly. Standing in the doorway was the sillouhette of a man, pointing something at me. He appeared to be bald, or to have a stocking over his head, so I assumed he was pointing a gun at me. I dove under the covers and stayed there for what felt like forever, until I got the courage to look once again. This time, the figure was gone, but the door was still open!

I went into my parents' room, and saw that my mother was reading, and my father was lying next to her, asleep. I asked my mom if my dad had been in my room, and she said 'no, he's been asleep." Now, don't ask me why I didn't just tell her what I saw. For some reason, I only needed to make sure it wasn't my father.

Fast forward almost 30 years. A couple of months ago, I was having trouble sleeping because of a bad case of heartburn. I began feeling a severe pain in my right side, so I thought it might even be a gallbladder attack. Once, I was drifting in and out of consciousness, but not really asleep, when I "thought" I looked at my bedroom doorway and saw a huge figure in sillouhette standing there. It had to be at least 7 feet tall, and it was blacker than black-- even outlined sharply, like a computer-generated figure. Strangely, it appeared to be covered in leaves! I say this, because the impression I had of it was sort of a swamp-thing, because there were these leafy protrustions around its head.

I can't even begin to describe the level of terror I felt. It was a primordial terror that was even greater than I think I would feel if it had been an actual person. But here's the strange thing-- I said to it, "I'm ready to face you now!" What the heck? In no way, shape, or form did I feel ready or have any desire to "face" this thing, whatever that meant. But still, I heard myself saying these words. To my surprise, the thing retreated further from my doorway. I was almost disappointed, because I wanted to get this "facing" thing over with so I'd never have to see it again.

I almost forget to mention-- while everything in my room, including my doorway, appeared normal, what was outside the doorway bore no relation to the actual rest of my house. It appeared to be nothing but whiteness, and I got the feeling it didn't lead to my hallway. I have no idea why.

Was this a Neg? If so, what was its purpose, and did I handle it correctly? Has anyone heard of the shadow people that I've been reading about since this encounter?

The entity I'm dealing with at the moment sometimes appears shadowy like, if that mop head thing happend to me I'd probably cry though! Maybe you did do the right thing. I challegend, mocked and insulted the one thats been troubling me at first, this definetly didn't help but I don't know if it provoked it further or if it would have done what it did anyway though. A neg means a spirit that has a NEGative effect on you so yea. Has it stopped bothering you now? I think it's best not to engage with the things if possible.

Nikpalj
3rd April 2006, 07:56 AM
This happened once during my posession while I was under prolonged mental attack by the negative netities who have merged with my subconsciouss mind (which you would call "classic" demonic posession).

I was lying in my bed awake early in the morning, listening to the jumble of their voices inside of my mind talking to me, threatening me in various ways, screaming and laughing... They were sometimes even moving my hands and legs, I would turn to my side in the bed and put my arm beside me like I'm used to and find comfortable, but then suddenly my arm and leg would jerk from under my control: the leg would slide up and bend smoothly in the knee of it's own and the arm would slide up the bed and slip the hand under the pillow while I witnessed all of this in quiet disbelief, too stunned to remember to try to counter these's motions, try to put my limbs under my control again. Robert Bruce called this phenomena "Virtual Puppetry", but he was referring to the neg completely taking over your body, you witnessing this at full consciousnes and unable to stop it, not just partial takeover like this.

This very human behaviour of the neg rearranging "it's" arms and legs into a position itself is comfortable with in bed also proves to me even more that half of these so-called negs and demons are actually regular human spirits, who were probably were already socyopaths/criminals while they were alive and only continued doing what they're best at after they died - only that they now find themselves being invisible to the (untrained) human eye and capable of pulling off a lot of minor (energetic) tricks...

Well, I was lying on my back and sweating, holding my hands on my chest with my fingers entwined and trying to shut off images the bastards were sending into my third eye (which any doctor would immediatey write off as "visual hallucination" - that's technically exactly what a vision is, the difference being that this wasn't some mental fart that my subconscious made, but a stream of intelligently connected images appropriate to the situation sent into my consciousness by the neg, where I could view them as I would a regular memory but unnaturalely clearly, like no memory I ever saw inside of my mind. They were mostly about the negs (human) face grinning broadly at me, his mad eyes goggling - he was clearly a lunatic, which fit perfectly with the crazed stuff that he was saying inside of my mind.

I was scared to death from this as I expected that this was it, I wasn't gonna get out of that bedroom sane anymore, that they were gonna do something to my mind now that will send me to a mental institution and screw up my life forever...

Somewhere into all of this I vaguely became increasingly aware that there were "people" standing all around me, watching this. I could see nobody and nothing in the space around my bed, yet I could feel clearly that there was "something" by the side of my bed to my left and right side (! that would mean INSIDE of the bed on the right side of me, 'cause I have a bed that was made for couples, not singles and I prefer sleeping on the left side of the bed). I thought this was really crazy and that I REALLY started hallucinating from all the fear... but then I felt a light touch on my left arm, like somebody had touched my arm with a cool coin (meaning to say slightly cold), pressed it into my skin for a second, then had retrieved it, all in one motion.

I froze in panic when I realized that there had to be a ghost of some kind standing right beside my bed, prodding me with a finger of it's "hand" (and probably having immense fun) and I could see absolutely nothing there, 'cause of course it wasn't physical. But my "cat sense" was screaming it's alarm that there was!, there was!, there was a bunch of somebodies/somethings standing all around me, that I was surrounded with them, just couldn't see them...

A few stunned seconds passed. Nothing happened. I began writing off the sensation again to being already scared to death and that I probably started hallucinating, when the same thing happened all over again. I suppose that it could read my mind and was dissapointed that I was spoiling it's fun by not believing, so it decided to do it's first contact trick all over again to prove to me that it was actually there.

I felt the cold point of it's finger pressing into my skin in the same place, but this time more strongly, insistently, so that I couldn't write it off as a hallucination anymore because I could sense this clearly.

What then appeared before my eyes, I suppose you could call it one of the few truly shocking experiences I had to live through during my posession...

Nikpalj
3rd April 2006, 07:56 AM
Gradually, inside of a few seconds, going from none to about 60% visibility, there appeared five to six blurry, shadowy figures, standing in a circle around my lying boy (and going right through the bed on my right side, their lower part getting fuzzy and merging with the bed on point of contact).

They were humanoid in shape, but their heads were covered with what seemed to be those capes on top of the cloaks like catholic fryars wear, so you couldn't see their faces, only the shapeless blackness. I could see no "glowing eyes" like people describe these shadows, just complete darkness of the front part of their "capes". There were no visible decorations, nothing on top of their bodies, just like they were true shadows.

I got to point out here that at the time this had happened I have never before heared about them anywhere, never read about them so this couldn't have been coming out of my subconscious mind somehow - I was doing my best really going crazy with fear, trying to merge with my bed like they were doing, if at all possible, in order to get away from them as far as I could...

A few seconds passed. Then they outstreched their hands to one another, put their hand in hand and begun swirling in a circle going from left to right around me, passing through the bed - like they were dancing.

And they were.

A few seconds after they started doing this I begun hearing inside of my mind, getting stronger and stronger (kind of subjectively "closer" to me) a jumble of what seemed like little kid's voices, a bunch of them singing mockingly in tune of that kid's "nyah nya nya nya nyah" little song: "NowYoureO-URS, NowYoureO-URS, NowYoureO-URS..." on and on and on... Just like they were a bunch of insane chidren!

I felt like this was some kind of a sotonist ritual surgical operation and I was lying on top of the operating table, surrounded with crazed doctors wearing black robes... so I started fighting this. I squeezed my eyes shut and put my hands over my eyes and started shouting at them inside of my mind to go away and leave me alone. That didn't work, so I instinctively (like I suddenly knew what WOULD work), switched to shouting that I do NOT believe this! this wasn't really happening! it wasn't REAL! this was just a nightmare and I would wake up!...

And so the monotonus happy drone of their little song slowly faded away and when I open up my eyes, there was nothing to be seen around me. I'm not sure if they actually remained around my bed or have phased into the astral and despersed, but that's the one and only kind of "shadow" experiences I've had during my posession...

Later on while I was thinking this experience over, I remembered seeing this crappy detective/horror movie about a decade ago on TV that was supposedly based on a true story.
It was about a serial killer who, when they finally cought him they found out was also a sotonist... but what really got me thinking was when I remembered the actor who was doing the killer's role in the movie (obviously completely insane) explaining why he started doing the killings in the first place: because "a completely black, 300 years old dog one day came through the closed door of his apartment (or was it the wall), talked inside of his head, and made him do all those ladies for him"...

They execute the guy in the jail, of course, for he is obviously a psycopath way beyond recovery through any kind of treatment and has regreteadly become such an insane human monster... And the black dog is then probably free to finaly let go of the poor wreck's nervous system, to slip out of his subconscious mind and then trott off happily through the astral, searching for a brand new host to hide in and explain to him exactly what he's supposed to do now for his newfound buddy... and it's about those damn ladies and all the stuff us two buddies're gonna do to 'em - here, listen, lemme explain...

6th April 2006, 08:49 PM
deleted

Matthew
6th April 2006, 11:07 PM
Lono,
I've experienced something similar to this several times. But instead of yelling, "I'm ready to face you now!" I find myself blurting out, "Bring it on!" :roll: Not the most ingenious response. However, it's like something very instinctual takes over your body and makes you rush in and be confrontational... I can't really describe the sensation.
-Matthew

wstein
7th April 2006, 12:34 AM
Its not clear from Lono's description where his experience occurred. RB addresses a lot about this sort of stuff in 'Astral Dynamics Chapter 33' and 'Negs' are well covered in other discussion topics here.

I have some experience dealing with 'black' creatures in the physical which is not addressed in the other postings. If that is your issue, hope these descriptions help.

A key factor in identifying black featureless creatures in the physical is whether they are 2D or 3D. Below is a mini field guide from my experience.

Here is a list from my experience (no where near complete list):
2D (like pieces of paper, can bend but has no thickness)
-Inorganic beings (terminology from Toltec writings) appears as a shadow moving on its own, can not make sound. Tend behave like a house-cat doing their own thing, they feed off discarded energy but will NOT attack to steal energy. They are a distraction but completely harmless.
-certain kinds of medium strength ghosts, can speak but more often make sounds, seldom do direct harm but can cause problems by disturbing behavior (waking you in the night, appearing suddenly, etc)
-subconscious projection, tends to stay a fixed distance from you, advances when you retreat or retreats when you advance, always looks threatening (I am told friendly ones appear white), largely from your imagination so can exhibit any behavior, psychological issue which should be confronted, seek qualified help if persists.

2D (silhouette of 3D, changes shape as it 'turns' [like your daytime shadow])
-energy sucking creatures usually crossed over from Astral planes. They are very skittish and can be easily chased away temporarily. Act much like rats and can be treated as such. They are generally very weak. However, they will grab an energy 'snack' where ever the opportunity arises. As such should not be tolerated in your personal space (house). Otherwise can be chased off and ignored.
-interdimensional travelers projecting into this dimension, often when they appear in this way they are trying not to be noticed, generally prefer to remain unnoticed, can be very dangerous if you don't leave them alone

3D (seems to be a normal creature but is all black)
there are many of these although most are very rare, they are usually sentient and have their own agendas, treat them like you would an unknown person.

GRANT
12th August 2011, 01:32 AM
Hi.
Just a report to the thread. I have seen a shadow person and my friend who was with me saw it also.
When it knew it was spotted it ran into a room. Of course when we went to look for it, it was gone.
It had on the classic hat.
Grant