PDA

View Full Version : Hey

aardvark
28th July 2010, 10:02 PM
I've been a lurker on this forum quite some time, but never really thought of participating, probably because I rather learn from the others than talk myself. :lol:

Anyway, I found Robert's work a little more than a decade or so ago, when I read his Treatise on Astral Projection and it really opened my mind. I practiced his deep trance methods and somehow managed to awaken my chi / prana (I'd consider it a precursor to K rather than K proper), which has stayed with me since. I'm also a practitioner of magick, started on this path when I was 16, I'm 27 now. I also have my own (new) esoteric forums mystikos (dot) tk, where I go by the name Ishvara. I'm sorry if advertising by new members is a no-no, btw. If so, just delete the url please. :oops:

Hmm, what else.. I'm male, if that matters. Nice to be here. :)

CFTraveler
28th July 2010, 10:52 PM
Hi aardvark. It's fine to state the name of the site, and when you have 20 posts it's ok to post a link, since it's a metaphysical forum, and not an advert.
Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy it here.

greytraveller
28th July 2010, 10:59 PM
Greetings to aardvark. Welcome.
Yes, magick (I noticed you used the Crowley spelling) Is a fascinating subject. I really enjoy reading books about the history of magick. People like Cagliostro, Mcgregor Mathers, Eliphas Levi and John Dee lived very colorful lives. Unfortunately magick requires a lot of time and energy to practice correctly.
Anyway, look forward to reading your posts in the forums.

Regards 8)
Grey

aardvark
28th July 2010, 11:08 PM
Hi aardvark. It's fine to state the name of the site, and when you have 20 posts it's ok to post a link, since it's a metaphysical forum, and not an advert.
Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy it here.

Ok, good to know this. Thanks for the welcome.

Greetings to aardvark. Welcome.
Yes, magick (I noticed you used the Crowley spelling) Is a fascinating subject. I really enjoy reading books about the history of magick. People like Cagliostro, Mcgregor Mathers, Eliphas Levi and John Dee lived very colorful lives. Unfortunately magick requires a lot of time and energy to practice correctly.
Anyway, look forward to reading your posts in the forums.

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I said 'magick' so people don't confuse me with a stage magician (I'm way too clumsy for that :wink:). It is a commonly used spelling in Western Mystery Tradition. I also write it magic, or magic(k).

As for the time and energy, what else we humans have but time and energy... Some people use them to watch TV all day, some use them for committing crimes, I choose to use them for esoteric pursuits. Of course I still have a lot of free time, partly because I don't watch aforementioned TV. :lol: