PDA

View Full Version : Excited new member =)

Stevie
2nd August 2010, 07:55 PM
Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking on these forums for several years but have never actually posted anything, so be gentle with me :)

A bit about myself.....

My name is Steve and i live in the United Kingdom, an hour train ride south of London. I've always had a natural inclination to ask questions, even as a young child i would annoy my parents with never ending questions of 'Why?', never satisfied no matter what answers they gave me. I guess that led me to things spiritual and i devoured books on the subject from my teenage years. Some of my favourites include 'Autobiography of a Yogi', 'The Power of Now' and of course all of Robert Bruce's work! I remember first reading Astral Dynamics several years ago and being amazed.

Robert, if you ever read this i'd like to say thank you for sharing your experience with the world. You are a great teacher and have my respect, love and gratitude.

I am ashamed to say that while i have read quite a lot my actual experience is little so i may have more questions to ask than answers to share. I have been meditating, praying and practicing energy work intermittently for some years but have come to realise i spent a lot of time reading and not a lot of time on actual practice. As a result i had recently settled into a meditation practice i was happy with and was also starting MAP with a real intention of following it all the way to OBE. However a week into practice i have been presented with a major obstacle that i almost feel is trying to throw me off the path. I am struggling but am determined to overcome. This is making me look hard at myself and my life and is forcing me make changes and to take action. One of those actions is to start meeting people and getting involved with like minded souls instead of being a wall flower, hence my post now :)

I'm looking forward to taking an active part in this forum and while i may not have much to offer others now, in time maybe i will. I hope i will find friends here an am eager to learn from the wealth of wisdom and experience on this board.

Thanks for reading all that,

Steve :mrgreen:

Audie Murphy
2nd August 2010, 08:09 PM
Hi Steve

I live Just north of London and having trouble with achieving an AP. I have recently joined a group through meetup on astral projection and i am attending a workshop at the weekend in London with Journey of Truth. Heres a link to there site http://www.journeyoftruth.co.uk/.

I'm hopeing from that workshop and Robert's Book and CD course to achieve an AP

Hope i haven't broke any forum rule by suggesting Journey of Truth

It's perfectly ok to suggest any other author's work and even other forums- what is against the rules is to post links before having 20 posts.

ButterflyWoman
3rd August 2010, 07:17 AM
G'day, Stevie. Welcome. :)

Stevie
3rd August 2010, 05:29 PM
Thank you :)

Audie, let me know how you get on, I would be interested to hear how you found the weekend.

Steve

baalixan
4th August 2010, 07:44 AM
welcome. hope you find a wealth of knowledge and wisdom here

greytraveller
4th August 2010, 04:53 PM
Hi Stevie, welcome. :)

Look forward to reading your posts in the forums.

Grey

Audie Murphy
4th August 2010, 05:34 PM
Hi Steve

Will let you know, really looking forward to it :)
Went one of thier meetup's last night in London and met Todd the organiser/teacher and 17 others.
Was a very good evening he gave a series of readings from the top 10 books on his personal reading list. After each reading, he shared insights into the direct experiences that enabled him to transform what he was reading from belief - into personal and Universal truths!

Audie Murphy
9th August 2010, 06:09 PM
Steve

Was a very good day at Todds workshop in London. Well worth going and had a turn out of 34 people. I wish i could of gone for the whole weekend workshop as there were several staying for the night OOB session.
I intend to attend the next workshop for the whole weekend in Sept/Oct :)