PDA

View Full Version : Injury

baalixan
4th August 2010, 11:17 PM
so, a couple years ago, i herniated a disc in my lower back, and since i have had pain on the left there, and down my left leg...i've noticed also, that since the injury when i am doing energy work or meditating i feel most on my right side, and my left side seems like, half way numb to it or muted. i am wondering if there could be a correlation between the two, and if there is anything i can do aside from waiting for my back to completely heal physically? and insight or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

CFTraveler
5th August 2010, 03:09 AM
Energy feedback (the sensations routinely described in energy work) sensations are the nerves reacting to energy movement, so it makes sense that energy sensations will be diminished if there is any nerve blockage (due to injury or nature)- what I'd recommend would be to try to do both sides simultaneously or do the less sensitive side as long as you do the more sensitive side, and take for granted that it's working. That way you don't deprive the affected area from the energy movement itself.

baalixan
5th August 2010, 03:17 AM
that makes sense, i will try it. i normally focus more towards the middle and let it flow outward, which is normally to the right side, so i will try to focus specifically on the left. i am also right handed/eyed, so that could lead to a right tendancy too i suppose.

Tutor
5th August 2010, 02:48 PM
yeah, i favored to my right leg for years to make up for the weaker/numb left leg from a left side stroke in 2001. so what do ya know, one day i ask the right leg for too much, and since then sciatica in the right hip/leg/foot goes nuts when i push it too far.

so with the sciatic condition I now try and give the left leg what belongs to it, beyond even when the left leg says "enough, I have nothing to give". i guess that sometimes for lack of balance, pain resonating from the fulcrum will force it to some resemblance of balance.

i have found though when this happens, that with a few cuss words and some sheer gut force, i can usually get whatever it is i am doing done, though i have to sit and rest more often.

my wife has a way of making it feel much better when the condition worsens. a lot of this is 'false reports" from nerves, where tendons/muscles are respondant to these false reports. so, i lay down on my back in the floor, she sits on the chaise with my right foot in her lap.

she turns my right foot in a circular motion freeing up the locked up ankle, and it pops and cracks like crazy. when the ankle clears, then the calf begins to pop and crack, and it clears. then on to the knee, it doing the same. then the final gentle tug on the foot with the foot forced to its extreme position, that pops the hip.

but for the left side, it is what it is. but it is also a false report of weakness that cussing and guts can push just a little bit more out of.

basically, walking tall and carrying a big stick is long gone for myself. now i walk gimpy and carry a cane in case i need it.

out of balance,

tim

baalixan
6th August 2010, 12:12 AM
i get the weakness aswell. i also might note, that my left side has always had more health issues then the right. migraines that are only ever on the left side since i was a kind, left should dislocates by its self, and aches, and left/lower back with the sciatic down to my the toes on the left

Tutor
6th August 2010, 12:28 AM
maybe we be getting old, simple as that. :wink:

i am 50 yrs old. and i feel every day of it.

baalixan
6th August 2010, 01:31 AM
i'm only 23 tho, haha. i've always felt old(mentally/spiritually) but its only since hurting my back and shortly before that, that i started feeling physically old lol