PDA

View Full Version : Mega salt bath warning

McArthur
11th March 2006, 05:56 PM
Be careful with these salt baths as they may be potentially dangerous. I tried my first one earlier today with about 3Kg of cooking salt. Since then (2 hours ago) I have voided my bowels three times and have gone very light headed, dizzy and feeling extremely drowsy - almost to the point of passing out, with rapid heartbeat. I'm now awaiting a nurse from a medical helpline to call me back to assess if I need any medical attention. The symptoms I have are for dehydration and possible electrolyte imbalance.

Most importatntly there needs to be a warning (and personally I would also put a Disclaimer.... ) in the salt bath article that this may not be a good idea for children or elderly, as they are more susceptible to dehydration. As I was reading up about excess salt intake there was one article that said a 3 year old child died after ingesting just four teaspoons of salt. I'm not sure how much the body can take in through the skin but I assure you I don't think I'm going to be trying this again as I am seriously becoming slighty confused and disorientated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolyte_imbalance

"Electrolyte disturbance refers to an abnormal change in the levels of electrolytes in the body. This usually constitutes a medical emergency. Severe or prolonged electrolyte disturbance can lead to cardiac problems, neuronal malfunction, organ failure and ultimately death."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehydration

Having said all this, getting in the bath did stop a direct neg attack I was having. :wink:

It's probably the fact I had had a few beers beforehand and started drinking vodka afterwards (although I'm not drunk and the symptoms are not the usual alcohol ones), and also eating (digestion worsens dehydration, as does alcohol) that has made my symptoms worse, I am at present taking regular sips of water to try and balance out. Oh, and it may not have been a good idea to do a few mouth washes and gargles with the salt water while in the bath as more salt gets into the bloodstream that way.

jalef
11th March 2006, 06:35 PM
i never thought about it that way, thanks for the warning.

11th March 2006, 07:37 PM
yeah....you definitely don't need that much salt. and the bath should never be hot, barely lukewarm. your skin is largest organ in your body, and i'm sure didn't appreciate a (toxic) move like that. alcohol is bad as well. adds to the dehydration (inside) as well as the outside (salt), dialates blood vessels, increases sweating,etc...i'm sure it was a freaky situation.

excellent warning for everyone though. glad you're okay.

11th March 2006, 11:04 PM
Your supposed to use Sea salt, not cooking salt.

enoch
12th March 2006, 11:22 AM
You're absolutely right regards children - as far as I've experienced. I use the elle macpherson salt scrub in the shower but I can't use it if my girl is showering with me because it dries her skin up something rotten. :wink:

12th March 2006, 12:55 PM
all salt is pretty much the same. though personally epsom and sea salt seem gentler, in their unrefined state. not sure there's enough iodine in table salt (even 3 lbs.) to harm anything?!?

macarthur made a "brine". i've done it a few times with thanksgiving turkey's, which is the only reference i have (and pickles!). brine draws all of the (less saline) water content out of the bird, dilutes the brine, and reabsorbs back into the de-hydrated flesh. the whole process take two days in the fridge...the hot water would only speed the process up.

i believe this is an example of a good thing in excess, and the opposite of homeopathic healing where medicinals are diluted hundreds of thousands of times...using more of an energy 'signature' for passive reaction from the body. (westerners tending to believe "more is better")
in this sense it would seem possible to hang a small nation sack (medicine bag) of salt (suggest sea), around the neck (as some use crystals)(which salt is)...mix in some protective herbs such as sage, mint, wormwood, etc. maybe some sulfur as well...thus still drawing on the energy signatures, without soaking in it. passive daily maintenance, rather then occasional 'shock' treatments. other then that i lean towards 'smudging' with either sage, lavender, or cedar (my preferences).
can't go wrong with that, unless it's an excessive burn that catches your house on fire.

have to question why the drinking, whilst attempting to cleanse?!?
seems it would defeat the purpose in a sense.

12th March 2006, 01:12 PM
It's probably the fact I had had a few beers beforehand and started drinking vodka afterwards (although I'm not drunk and the symptoms are not the usual alcohol ones), and also eating (digestion worsens dehydration, as does alcohol) that has made my symptoms worse, I am at present taking regular sips of water to try and balance out. Oh, and it may not have been a good idea to do a few mouth washes and gargles with the salt water while in the bath as more salt gets into the bloodstream that way.

You know, as I started reading your posting I was thinking, "were you drinking?" I mean that in a nice way McArthur.

There are warnings listed at the bottom of the Salt bath article on the site not just for dehydration but for people using septic systems instead of city sewer. I would highly advise people to review them.

I tend to drink water before climbing into a Mega salt bath, and that has helped.

But the heat, high salt, and alcohol on top of it,..and gargling the stuff...good Lord, man, I am extremely happy to see that you are still with us.

12th March 2006, 02:42 PM
that is so strange/funny (DK) that you would add that comment. we must be on a similar conscious plane...bcuz every time i come by this thread, those words just ring so loud and clear, but i curbed it each time.
feel it's worth saying again though...
GOOD GOD MAN...What were you thinking!?!
:wink:

McArthur
12th March 2006, 04:45 PM
GOOD GOD MAN...What were you thinking!?!
:wink:
Well, I wasn't, obviously lol. I still have a salty taste in my mouth from yesterday... what I did, more or less, was pickle myself in brine LOL.

The thing is that I have a really bad neg problem and have for some time. It's actually inside me/overshadowing me, which seems to make a lot of countermeasures redundant. Over the years one of the things that gave me any relief from this thing was alcohol, unfortunately, which means I now have a slight alcohol dependency. Let me put it this way, I am clairaudient and can hear the damn thing chattering away constantly in my head (yeah, all the symptoms of schizophrenia, supposedly they are just hallucinations and not really inorganic negs :roll: ). Now at some times my clairaudience is stronger than others (i.e. I am pschically open more at some times than I am at others, comes in waves I guess) and I've yet to find anything to get rid of this thing. Oh I try putting headphones on and listening to religious music or Xmas carols etc but I can actually hear the damn thing over the music. So anyway this gets like chinese torture after a while not being able to switch it off but if I have a few strong drinks it seems to shut it off and I am able to forget about it for a while (i.e. tear my attention from looping round and round about the same damn neg or IOW Obsession).

I not only hear it though, I can actually feel it (or a different one) attached to my left foot and a sucking sensation where its feeding energy from me. I've been doing the garlic taped there and also been trying out one of those foot spas lately, will try later with some sulphur in.

Where were we, oh yeah, so that's why I was drinking... I woke up, was being attacked, so had a couple of beers to calm me down (and I can handle the attacks better as the alcohol numbs the CNS where it attacks through) and thought I would try the bath. The bath worked really well!! I mean I got an instant ceasing of the direct attack it was amazing. This lasted for about an hour afterwards (I wasn't drinking at this point and only had 2 beers earlier) I had something to eat and not long afterwards the neg started attacking again while my body energy was low due to digesting my meal.

Anyway, I waited a while but couldn't handle it so drank a couple of shots of vodka to try and numb me to the attack a little. But not long after this I started to realize the salt was having an adverse reaction as I was getting drowsy and incoherant [edit: this wasn't the vodka as I hadn't drank enough to be drunkenly incoherent] so I started drinking lots of water and jumped back into yet another bath but this time of fresh water. That was another thing I probably did wrong is the first salt bath I didn't rinse myself off with fresh water afterwards - I just dried myself. So anyway the second bath sort of semi-broke the second major attack (not as well as the one with salt it tho! ) a little but at this point I was feeling pretty weak due to dehydration and probably electrolyte imbalance. My kidneys were working over time and I voided my bowels five times in the space of 2 hours and my urine ended up looking like clear tap water. I suppose you could say that my body was in a mild form of shock which, with the neg attack on top this sent me into a kind of anxiety attack - what a mess! lol I am laughing about it today but, my god, it wasn't a nice experience! I actually did almost call an ambulance but ended up going to a friends house and sleeping overnight there.

Right, so now I've said all that I have to say don't be put off trying a salt bath (lol) because it DOES WORK! I was amazed actually at how quickly my severe direct neg attack stopped it was more or less instant, far quicker than it does with normal water. Just make sure:

1. Drink LOTS of water beforehand.
2. Probably eat 2 hours beforehand so you won't need to eat after the bath.
3. Don't drink alcohol before or after.
4. Don't swill it around your mouth and gargle with it (lol)
5. Definitely ASK YOUR DOCTOR first if you have any major illness, especially related to Heart, Liver or Kidneys and probably Diabetes (there may be other illnesses not mentioned here that people would need to take extra care).
6. I definitely would not do this with babies or small children.
7. Make sure you shower yourself down with clean water after the bath.
8. It may be a god idea to do a 5 or 10 minute trial bath, leaving at least a 24 hour gap til your next one, to see how it affects you rather than do a 1 hour soak on the first try like I did.
9. With this post I am in no way suggesting anyone try this instead of usual medical attention for their ailment and anyone taking a mega salt bath does so at their own risk (seriously, I think the Mega Salt Bath article needs some form of disclaimer on it AND STRONGER WARNINGS - THESE SALTBATHS MAY BE DANGEROUS TO HEALTH IF NOT DONE CORRECTLY OR IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS <- something like that).

There may be more but that's all I can think of to the list at the moment. One thing I am wondering about is that during my time reading up on electrolytes (and what I'd just done to my body with all that salt) is that, of course, the addition of salt to water makes it much more conductive to electrical energy. Now that is interesting because these negs I have had around me seem to be electric/electromagnetic in some way (I'll try and add a link to a thread where I talk about me picking up these negs as EM fields with a Trifield EM Meter a bit later). So perhaps the salt water is somehow neutralizing the negs electric or EM field? If been looking for something that would weaken or neutralise an EM field for some time now, does anyone know if a brine solution would do that?

I had been using sulphur in my baths because I had a feeling that holy springs/health spas (many of them containing sulphur) with reputations for curing ailments may be because these springs are somehow ridding people of neg problems. Of course the Dead Sea is another good example with many health spas on its shores and that is the saltiest body of water on the planet. The sulphur certainly helped but I think the salt worked much better. Anyway this is a long post and I'm cooking dinner, bbl.

McArthur
12th March 2006, 05:21 PM
Your supposed to use Sea salt, not cooking salt.
Yes this is important. I didn't have enough cash to buy a large pack of sea salt crystals so as I was out shopping I thought I may as well try a large bag of whatever salt the store had. Salt is salt, right? Maybe the crystals of the sea salt make a difference but I thought I would try normal salt. This may have been the main problem because all the salt ended up melting in the bath into a brine solution. But surely even the larger crystals would do this anyway if you're soaking for an hour in hot water, or do the towels stop this from happening? Either way the salt bath with cooking salt certainly worked, but it also made me ill.

Is it the salt being crystalline form that counts or the salt making the bath a brine? I am thinking of trying to get hold of a large quantity of very small quartz crystals to try in those towels instead of salt, just as an experiment. After the bath I would add loads of fresh salt to cleanse the quartz as they are normally cleansed with salt water. Worth a try anyway.

Darknight, do you use coarse seasalt and how much do you use and does it melt in the water?

McArthur
12th March 2006, 06:38 PM
I've just realized something, I went out drinking friday night with a friend and woke up yesterday with a hangover so I was obviously already dehydrated from drinking alcohol the night before... so :

10. It may not be a good idea to have one of these baths if you were partying the previous night.

12th March 2006, 06:47 PM
next time give the epsom salt a try. comparative in price to table salt (if not cheaper). keep your poor little crystals in mind too, next time you're cleaning them...a little goes a long way.

might want to chime in over at GOM on this thread?!?
http://www.gatesofmysticism.net/phpBB2/ ... highlight= (http://www.gatesofmysticism.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=969&highlight=)

seems that the physicality and voices of these little creatures are getting increasing & consistently stronger as of late. as mick would say...something is a foot! i empathize...i do!!!
esp. with the anxiety of it all. bad mix of things altogether, and too much to deal with most of the time.

we're gonna figure it out eventually!
love 333

http://burf.com/pics/albums/userpics/10032/thumb_dancingpickleani_clear.gif

Jonathan2525
12th March 2006, 07:59 PM
Hello all,

I agree that dehydration is definitely a problem when doing the salt baths. Here’s what I would recommend for those doing it.

1. Eat a couple of bananas with along with the water beforehand. Potassium helps to balance out sodium in your body. There more sodium you have the more Potassium you need to keep your electrolyte balance.

2. Stay away from all diuretics at least 6 hours before the bath. Alcohol is a diuretic of course and so is caffeine. Watch out of those herbal teas as some of them contain caffeine. Chocolate also has caffeine as does decaf. Watch out for any analeptic (stimulating) compounds as they are usually diuretics (diet pills or flu caps). Ephedra or Ma Huang (an herb) is a strong diuretic.

3. Don’t shower before the bath, shower after. The oils your skin produces will probably shield a little from dehydration.

4. Keep the temperature lukewarm, the hotter the water the more your pores will dilate.

5. Don’t eat before or after the bath (around 4 hours each way) and if you do stay away from high-fiber meals. High fiber meals can suck up huge quantities of water from within your digestive track. That’s the reason they’re so good for constipation. If you’re in semi-fasting conditions, this will also boost the activity of your energy body helping you rid yourself of negative attachments.

5. Moisturize you skin afterwards. This won’t do much for dehydration but it will keep you skin from peeling off like mine did  .

6. Read the warnings in the article, here’s the one about dehydration:

(1) These large quantities of salt in a bath can actually be dehydrating. It is advisable to drink a large glass of water prior to the bath. Also, if you start feeling dizzy get out of the bath tub, reduce the heat of the bath and have another glass of water. It is very unlikely you will have problems but if you have very low blood pressure or heart problems you may wish to consult your doctor first.

I don’t know how much of a difference sea salt will make in terms of dehydration. I don’t think table salt will pass through the skin undissolved anymore than the sea salt; although it will definitely dissolve quicker.

Sincerely, Jonathan H

12th March 2006, 09:22 PM
did anyone mention high blood pressure?!? could be deadly in that case.

animosity
13th March 2006, 01:50 AM
Be careful with these salt baths as they may be potentially dangerous. I tried my first one earlier today with about 3Kg of cooking salt. Since then (2 hours ago) I have voided my bowels three times and have gone very light headed, dizzy and feeling extremely drowsy - almost to the point of passing out, with rapid heartbeat. I'm now awaiting a nurse from a medical helpline to call me back to assess if I need any medical attention. The symptoms I have are for dehydration and possible electrolyte imbalance.

Most importatntly there needs to be a warning (and personally I would also put a Disclaimer.... ) in the salt bath article that this may not be a good idea for children or elderly, as they are more susceptible to dehydration. As I was reading up about excess salt intake there was one article that said a 3 year old child died after ingesting just four teaspoons of salt. I'm not sure how much the body can take in through the skin but I assure you I don't think I'm going to be trying this again as I am seriously becoming slighty confused and disorientated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolyte_imbalance

"Electrolyte disturbance refers to an abnormal change in the levels of electrolytes in the body. This usually constitutes a medical emergency. Severe or prolonged electrolyte disturbance can lead to cardiac problems, neuronal malfunction, organ failure and ultimately death."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehydration

Having said all this, getting in the bath did stop a direct neg attack I was having. :wink:

Could it be possible that the entity is attacking you worse because it doesn't like the salt bath?

Robert Bruce
13th March 2006, 05:39 AM
Thanks McAuthor, for bringing this to my attention!

Here is the updated version of the article.

Note: some of the problems listed by McAuthor, including diarrhea, are typical symptoms of neg attachment related shock. Similar symptoms appear on some people when they use the mole removal method (drawing cross and circle over moles and etc with blue ballpoint pen).

RB.

Mega Salt Bath:

http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... etinID=562 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=10&BulletinID=562)

McArthur
14th March 2006, 01:17 AM
Could it be possible that the entity is attacking you worse because it doesn't like the salt bath?
Yes that may have been the case but I have definitely overdosed on salt. I think the main thing was me gargling with it because I now have a sore throat and still have a salty taste in both my mouth/throat and especially my nostrils, and am currently getting cold-like symptoms (runny nose etc). It's fairly hard to tell which of these symptoms may be related to disturbing a neg attachment and which is just a plane reaction to dehydration/electrolyte imbalance.

14th March 2006, 04:50 AM
Yes that may have been the case but I have definitely overdosed on salt. I think the main thing was me gargling with it because I now have a sore throat and still have a salty taste in both my mouth/throat and especially my nostrils, and am currently getting cold-like symptoms (runny nose etc). It's fairly hard to tell which of these symptoms may be related to disturbing a neg attachment and which is just a plane reaction to dehydration/electrolyte imbalance.

You know, Salt Water CAN kill you if you consume it.

violetsky
14th March 2006, 05:06 AM
Dear All,

Please note the Robert completely revised the article on mega salt baths. Please click on the link in his post to see the changes.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

McArthur
14th March 2006, 05:29 AM
You know, Salt Water CAN kill you if you consume it.
Well, I didn't swallow it I spat it back out again, and I really only gargled about 5 mouthfuls about 5 seconds each (I was doing this because I felt there was a neg attachment in back of my mouth and people use saltwater to gargle with anyway). But yes drinking seawater will make your kidneys fail leading to unconsciousness and death, but that isn't what I did.

Fornow
14th March 2006, 06:32 AM
What I notice throughout this story, is that your problems lessen when you drink.

Now, I have read that alcohol or drinking attracts negs, because one's defenses are slightly.......slack. Could your sessation of problems (while drinking) be a reward from the negs, perhaps they are driving you to drink, weakening you even more, and inviting their 'pals' over for the party in your energy body?

I really really hope I'm wrong on this.

I wonder, but doubt, if your drinking before and after the salt bath, interferred with the energetic benefits of the salt bath? or maybe the drinking could have just complicated the procedure.

I'd try the salt baths again (but with caution this time of course) without the drinking being involved, and pay special attention to the different sensations you may experience this time around.

The Venus Volta
18th March 2006, 01:27 AM
salt can rip the hell out of your genitals, too... try a little vaseline before you submerge.. seriously.

McArthur
18th March 2006, 01:59 AM
Well I've had severe flu like symptoms ever since the bath last week, I'm not sure if this is a purge due to disturbing a neg attachment, a reaction of my body to the salt, or I was going to get flu anyway. My symptoms are gradually lessening but I had severe dehydration for 4 days - even though I was drinking lots of water my mouth was constantly dry and I was constantly thirsty and my urine was clear as water etc etc. I had my electrolytes checked on wedsneday and they seem to be ok. Don't try gargling with saltwater this strong at home folks as it rips your throat out, I've been in agony. :roll:

Well at least I know what not to do now. :P That cooking salt melts straight away into the water... how dumb can I get???

Ordered 7 lb of the tumbled crystals from this mine owner:

http://www.arcrystalmine.com/wholesale.html

As I'm interested in attempting to find out how the salt works if possible, so this will let me see if the crystalline structure of the salt is part of the benefits of it. Am not only going to bath with the crystal but will be putting all 140 of them under my mattress every night. It's interesting that both saltwater and crystals are connected to electricity (the saltwater in our bodies help conduct our body's electric circuitry and crystals are piezoelectric) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity). Will create a new thread about these after testing.

The Body Electric (book) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0688069711/104-7238286-2207906?v=glance&n=283155)

Em fields and Negs thread (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=1164)

Does anyone have any ideas as to why a saltbath may have effects on Negs? Anyone care to discuss the possibilities?

18th March 2006, 08:15 PM
McArthur,

I think you are going through a major detoxificaton because of the amount of salt you put in the water. Salt is highly alkaline (very beneficial to the body instead of being acidic which causes microorganism growth and illness) this brings oxygenation to the body and so kills a lot of microorganisms. Salt is also very good at getting rid of radiation and poisons. All of this stuff has been released into your blood stream and so the flu-like symptoms. Keep drinking a lot of water to flush it out, maybe even take Epsom salts (magnesium) in water (tastes terrible) to stimulate bowels to remove the junk. I have found that taking a product called "activated charcoal" really helps reduce my symptoms of detoxification when I do cleansing. The charcoal binds with the poisons and dead microorganisms and helps remove them from the body. Even though the charcoal is in the stomach, your blood is continuously circulating through this area.

Yes, salt, as well as many minerals are electroconductive, there are even minerals out there that are superconductive (see http://www.cocoonnutrition.com). This helps to maintain the integrity of your body and aura (electromagnetic field). So this makes me wonder if a poor diet lacking in enzymes, life (prana/chi), and minerals makes one more susceptible to attacks as maybe the electromagnetic integrity of the aura is not great and possibly leaves openings for a neg attachment. Just a theory.

I personally feel it's better to use salt with all of the minerals (72 plus) that is harvested naturally. Table salt has only sodium and chloride, this is what raises the blood pressure and unbalances the body. Our body needs all of these minerals to be healthy, chemical reactions in our bodies need minerals. Think of the sodium/potassium pump in the body, causes electrical reactions. EEG's measure electricity in brain, EKG's measure electricity in heart. When we are dead, there is no electricity in the body. Electrical reactions in the body are everything, and we need minerals for this.

You might want to eat some bananas, or some fruits or vegetables with potassium to rebalance the sodium potassium pump in the body. Don't go overboard with the potassium as too much also causes problems. 5 servings of fruits and vegs/day is great.

Robert Bruce talks about life style and neg attacks. This makes sense to me concerning minerals and electricity. Too much drinking, smoking, eating too much meat, high stress jobs, not enough sleep, all of these things drain the minerals from the body therefore causes poor electroconductivity in the body. So when the electroconductivity is poor, one is more susceptible to ill health and neg attachments.

Master Choa Kok Sui (author of the Pranic Healing books) says that people who are clairvoyant can see what he calls "smoke entities" or elementals in the aura of people who smoke. Just bringing this up because of the lifestyle thing.

It seems that a clean, healthy life promotes natural good health and a natural resistance negs.

In Practical Psychic Self Defense, Robert says that he'd rather help children than adults because they don't want to change their lifestyle to be free of negs. I personally know just how hard it is to change one's diet. But there comes a time to make a decision, do I want to be free? How far am I willing to go to be free? I'm speaking in general terms, not to you specifically McArthur. I thnk it's great that you are searching for ways to help not only yourself, but other people as well.