PDA

View Full Version : Danger/Warnings from Guides?

PauliEffect
9th August 2010, 11:24 AM
Has anyone got any warnings from your Guides or Helpers _not_ to use Hemi-Sync or similar audio tools to do OBE or AP?

As I assume our guides or helpers adjust us (energy body-wise I think) through sleep, could the use of Hemi-Sync become malevolent? Anyone felt any drawback from using it?

Korpo
9th August 2010, 11:40 AM
No, not a warning. No negative effects either.

Why are you asking?

As I assume our guides or helpers adjust us (energy body-wise I think) through sleep, could the use of Hemi-Sync become malevolent?

You're not supposed to use HemiSync too close to sleep time. Then, in my opinion, nothing prevents normal sleep.

Cheers,
Oliver

CFTraveler
9th August 2010, 03:18 PM
I never have either, and I have used it at night, with no side effects other than spontaneous projection.

ButterflyWoman
10th August 2010, 09:25 AM
Has anyone got any warnings from your Guides or Helpers _not_ to use Hemi-Sync or similar audio tools to do OBE or AP?
Never. In fact, I've long felt that I was guided TO binaural beats technology, because it's opened up all kinds of things for me.

As I assume our guides or helpers adjust us (energy body-wise I think) through sleep, could the use of Hemi-Sync become malevolent? Anyone felt any drawback from using it?
I agree with Korpo about using it too close to going to sleep. Your brain has natural patterns of brainwave changes that you need to go through in your sleep. Using brainwave entrainment technology can interfere with that cycle, and the consequences of that can be very unpleasant.

PauliEffect
10th August 2010, 05:21 PM
Why are you asking?

I found Hemi-Sync on youtube and just sat reading/doing stuff while listening for long to randomly repeated pieces. Then it struck me. Did I do it the wrong way, was it harmful if I did this often, hadn't I read somewhere about a guide objecting to an individual's use of H-S, and when is too much too much? So I felt I had to ask someone somewhere, to not doing it wrong, too much, in an obstructing way, etc, just to get rid of any doubts.

CFTraveler
10th August 2010, 06:54 PM
If you're listening to binaural beats while doing something else you are defeating the purpose- binaural beats help you to get to a specified brainwave frequency (deep relaxation to trance, depending on the beat) but if you're doing things that use the senses or require physical activity, you are not letting the brain synch with the beats. So in a way your intuition was right- not because you are damaging yourself in any way, but because you are wasting your time using them that way.
The best way to listen to beats is in a relaxing pose (I like a recliner but some people lay down with them), in a darkened room with no background sounds. Like taking a nap, but without losing consciousness.

Sinera
10th August 2010, 09:07 PM
I agree with Korpo about using it too close to going to sleep. Your brain has natural patterns of brainwave changes that you need to go through in your sleep. Using brainwave entrainment technology can interfere with that cycle, and the consequences of that can be very unpleasant.
I don't understand this. Hemi-Sync producers don't issue a warning to that regard, and they usually don't shy away from giving any necessary usage and caution information on their products.
Moreover, Hemi-Sync produces a lot of brain entrainment audioware for better and deeper sleep, dreaming, lucid dreaming, short naps or just relaxation - to be used before or even during the sleep period. So I would not over-generalize here. I think it depends on the type of program you use.

ButterflyWoman
11th August 2010, 06:38 AM
I would not over-generalize here. I think it depends on the type of program you use.
*sigh* Honestly, I didn't see the need to be ultra detailed in my comment about caution.

On the topic of stages of sleep:

http://www.sleepdex.org/stages.htm
http://web-us.com/brainwavesfunction.htm

The stages of sleep have been known and understood for many, many years. The technology to actually measure the brainwaves during the stages is a little more recent. There are also studies done where they deliberately deprived people of REM sleep or deep sleep, etc., and observations have been made of people who have naturally disrupted sleep cycles/brainwaves. It's pretty clear that all the stages of sleep have a definite purpose with regard to resting and refreshing the body.

If you use brainwave entrainment throughout your sleep, you may very well disrupt the sleep patterns (see above for more information). It is pretty much impossible for ANY program to correctly anticipate and mimic your natural cycles.

If you use the incorrect brainwave entrainment program/pattern too close to going to sleep (let's say you use a Beta program), you can get quite stimulated and be very awake and find it hard to go to sleep.

Yes, there are some programs designed to help you go to sleep, with a basic Alpha or one that starts in Alpha and slowly moves into Theta, but I would still be careful with them, because you are unique and it's possible your sleep patterns are slightly different. If you try it and it works for you, fine, but if there are issues, backing off is the wise thing to do.

Personally, I stopped using "sleep inducing" brainwave entrainment for various practical reasons (sleeping with headphones on being a biggie!), and because I didn't really see that it was having much of a positive effect on my sleep. However, this was not advice from any "guide", but my own common sense and natural intuition.

For what it's worth, Volgerle, if you were concerned about the lack of detail, why didn't you give more, yourself?

Sinera
11th August 2010, 05:35 PM
For what it's worth, Volgerle, if you were concerned about the lack of detail, why didn't you give more, yourself?
Sorry, but details on what? Actually I was really only asking. :)