PDA

View Full Version : a vision while meditation

manish_gof
9th August 2010, 04:47 PM
Day before yesterday, I started my regular meditation session and thought upon my karmas.. why am I on earth? I got a vision of me being surrounded by women having intimate time with them.. then another vision followed of me engaged in some fight where I dragged my sword kind of weapon into the ground and that planet exploded, killing billions of lives; I did it to save my home planet.

Then I "woke up". Now I deduce it straight .. I am suffering for 2 sins.. adultery and killing billions of lives .. or could it be something else?

CFTraveler
9th August 2010, 06:26 PM
Day before yesterday, I started my regular meditation session and thought upon my karmas.. why am I on earth? I got a vision of me being surrounded by women having intimate time with them.. then another vision followed of me engaged in some fight where I dragged my sword kind of weapon into the ground and that planet exploded, killing billions of lives; I did it to save my home planet.

Then I "woke up". Now I deduce it straight .. I am suffering for 2 sins.. adultery and killing billions of lives .. or could it be something else? I would not take this literally, Manish. It seems to me that you are having guilt for the thought of indiscriminate sex and senseless violence, and in terms of cosmic siginificance- perhaps you are personalizing negative attributes that happen on a global scale, and are taking responsibility for others' lives in more ways than one.
I would look at how you see yourself in this world now, what do you believe is your role in it, and go from there.
Just my two cents, obviously.

Alienor
9th August 2010, 10:26 PM
I agree with CFT. Usually we do not get too overwhelming insights into our "karma" or past lives like that. If something major did occur, it is shown in small tidbits - from my experience.

Also we do not suffer in this life for what was done in past lives - again from what I experienced/have learned. We might chose some kind of learning and a pain might be needed to point it out, so we take notice. But that does not mean we have to suffer - we could instead just take notice on the small hints already :wink:

manish_gof
10th August 2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the reply. I do agree with you, but in this life atleast, I am a good person in all.. never touched a girl and would never before marriage.. no smoking drinking or drugs.. I never engage in fights too .. in all .. a serious and cheerful guy.. I look down always positive yet everything goes negative.

Karmas have to be adjusted sometime .. it could either be burned via meditation or should be suffered.. this is what I think.

CFTraveler
10th August 2010, 05:16 PM
We disagree on what Karma is, I think, but that's not the central message in my opinion- I think that because you are striving to be a good person (or to realize you already are) you are 'tuning into' global negativity to try and heal it, and this can be dangerous due to the guilt induced if you begin to identify with this negativity- so please work on the realization that your intentions are pure- meditate on that.
Just my idea, ignore it if you wish, that's what free will is for.

manish_gof
10th August 2010, 05:19 PM
We disagree on what Karma is, I think, but that's not the central message in my opinion- I think that because you are striving to be a good person (or to realize you already are) you are 'tuning into' global negativity to try and heal it, and this can be dangerous due to the guilt induced if you begin to identify with this negativity- so please work on the realization that your intentions are pure- meditate on that.
Just my idea, ignore it if you wish, that's what free will is for.

Will ponder upon it.. thanks.

baalixan
17th August 2010, 06:45 AM
i agree with CF. also perhaps your empathy is bleeding over into your meditation, like CF said, you are taking on the guilt of others and perhaps seeing yourself partly responsibly. in your meditation, disconnect yourself from the feelings/vision you had and you will see the root of what you experienced