PDA

View Full Version : some symptoms

greymanic
15th August 2010, 11:42 PM
I'm going to give some background because maybe it helps clarify the timing of this. I had just gone through a period where several crises converged at once--from bad “friendships” finally blowing up to pc viruses making work impossible. I'd been trying to kick a suboxone habit at the same time. Things started settling finally 3 weeks ago. I stopped the drinking and suboxones (although I still do kratom to help detox symptoms and yeah, for a buzz). I also got some clarity and maybe even closure on some emotional things. In spare time my interest has generally been on spiritual things.

The manifestion started mid-week. There’s an exercise I do from Power of Now that starts with breathing and body awareness and then trying to let go of all thoughts completely so that focus is totally on my body’s energy field. Then sometimes I move my focus to different parts of the body or just feel it all at once. When I did this I got slight tremors in my stomach and the energy felt more intense overall than other times. The rest of the night whenever I'd wake up I found myself still in this state--I was automatically still focusing on the energy (or maybe it was just more intense and impossible to ignore) where normally it would take a conscious effort to relax and clear thoughts first.

The rest of the week was notably different. I felt more alive and positive. Appetite is down since then and I'm not sleeping as much. I’m in a creative field and I've found the work a lot more enjoyable even started doodling at night. There's a notable tingling most of the time and this feeling of motion (usually upwards), not like waves but a slow, continuous flow. I feel surrounded by it and that there’s something causing slight pressure. Vision is brighter. Skin is more sensitive but not uncomfortable. Time seems slower. I can seem to get more done in the same amount of time as before but yet I don’t get bored as easily. It's really pleasant most of the time and feels as if the endorphines and dopamines are really kicking in. I can sort of forget about it while engaged in some activity but it gets intense when I notice it again.

Last night was the strongest experience so far and a little annoying. I did more of the meditation before bed and almost wished I'd hadn't because afterwards I couldn't sleep. My head was buzzing and ticking somewhat and there were flashes. I got some strong visuals. Every time I would start to doze off I’d feel the rushing upwards intensify like I was going to take off--not like an OBE. It was just an out-of-control feeling. I felt as if I had to stay alert and conscious to be in control of it. It was kind of unsettling but not frightening. The beginning of a mushroom or ecstasy trip is worse. I got more of the stomach-tremors and this time there were occasional pricks and spasms in my back and shoulder. In the morning I woke up well but have had nausea at times.

I’m not sure exactly what this is but I like it. Among other things I feel gratitude and it's nice for a change. I wonder about my use of substances because a few of the drug detox symptoms are similar to what they list for kundalini. There’s definitely something else going on but maybe there’s some overlap of symptoms making it hard to pinpoint. Maybe I should even stop stimulating it with the exercise and let it take its course? I guess the main questions are where does this go from here or how can I benefit the most from this time? Although I should probably not try to figure too much out. I welcome any thoughts and advice. I’m pretty solitary and if nothing else it helps just to sit and write out what’s going on. I’m wondering about my health and diet for one. I’ve loved my chemicals and junk food and haven’t gotten much exercise. Also wondering how to handle the kratom but to be honest I feel like my need for it is diminishing so maybe I just shouldn’t worry. I think I’m going to stay off coffee for awhile at least.

Tutor
16th August 2010, 01:36 AM
it's hard to say. but one thing is the way you've written this, it is fluid, it is unabashedly confessional, which reveals a healthy state of mind - well being.

i know that my kundalini experiences accompanied onsetting unrelated disabling health problems, took about 9 years to reach the point where both in tandem took my hardarse personality out in one fell swoop.

spent the next four years in a terrifying yet wonderful experience wherein i can only surmise i was as a new born babe.

and the last 6 years have been 3 that kicked the living ♥♥♥♥e out of me followed by 3 that have lifted me back up.

so, it is hard to say, without hind sight on the length of it.

at first, kundalini for me was a friend i had met but had not yet come to know, and we as friends actually caused harm to each other. now, we do not wish to recall this as love covers all transgressions.

so now that we are in this wishing not to recall, we are from that first moment, seeing our friendship as having only done good to each other, such that there is no trace of damage or ill-feeling at all between us.

in the scope of your personal account above i see you've probably got some ways to go before your hindsight on this friendship within is resolved.

make sense?

tim

Korpo
16th August 2010, 02:00 PM
Hello, greymanic.

The rest of the week was notably different. I felt more alive and positive. Appetite is down since then and I'm not sleeping as much. I’m in a creative field and I've found the work a lot more enjoyable even started doodling at night. There's a notable tingling most of the time and this feeling of motion (usually upwards), not like waves but a slow, continuous flow. I feel surrounded by it and that there’s something causing slight pressure. Vision is brighter. Skin is more sensitive but not uncomfortable. Time seems slower. I can seem to get more done in the same amount of time as before but yet I don’t get bored as easily. It's really pleasant most of the time and feels as if the endorphines and dopamines are really kicking in. I can sort of forget about it while engaged in some activity but it gets intense when I notice it again.

My guess would be that this sounds like a "life force high." That's usually the periods I sleep least and still am fully rested.

It was just an out-of-control feeling. I felt as if I had to stay alert and conscious to be in control of it.

Why do you have to control it?

I’m not sure exactly what this is but I like it. Among other things I feel gratitude and it's nice for a change. I wonder about my use of substances because a few of the drug detox symptoms are similar to what they list for kundalini. There’s definitely something else going on but maybe there’s some overlap of symptoms making it hard to pinpoint. Maybe I should even stop stimulating it with the exercise and let it take its course?

Anyway, it sounds like you started some positive life changes, maybe you're getting some kind of "energetic reward" to encourage you to stay the course?

Cheers,
Oliver

Tutor
16th August 2010, 03:05 PM
Korpo,

:D

greymanic
16th August 2010, 06:39 PM
it's hard to say. but one thing is the way you've written this, it is fluid, it is unabashedly confessional, which reveals a healthy state of mind - well being.

i know that my kundalini experiences accompanied onsetting unrelated disabling health problems, took about 9 years to reach the point where both in tandem took my hardarse personality out in one fell swoop.

spent the next four years in a terrifying yet wonderful experience wherein i can only surmise i was as a new born babe.

and the last 6 years have been 3 that kicked the living ♥♥♥♥e out of me followed by 3 that have lifted me back up.

so, it is hard to say, without hind sight on the length of it.

at first, kundalini for me was a friend i had met but had not yet come to know, and we as friends actually caused harm to each other. now, we do not wish to recall this as love covers all transgressions.

so now that we are in this wishing not to recall, we are from that first moment, seeing our friendship as having only done good to each other, such that there is no trace of damage or ill-feeling at all between us.

in the scope of your personal account above i see you've probably got some ways to go before your hindsight on this friendship within is resolved.

make sense?

tim

Thought I replied this morning. Guess it didn’t take...

That makes sense. I started wondering about kundalini when this started having read about it. Given my lifestyle and such I thought it would be harder than this though. Another thing I didn’t mention is I was in a car accident that really jarred me last weekend. It got stronger several days after the accident but maybe it contributed. Anyway, I could stay like this (and hope it doesn't stop) but wouldn't mind too if it were only the beginning.

greymanic
16th August 2010, 06:44 PM
It was just an out-of-control feeling. I felt as if I had to stay alert and conscious to be in control of it.

Why do you have to control it?

I’m not sure exactly what this is but I like it. Among other things I feel gratitude and it's nice for a change. I wonder about my use of substances because a few of the drug detox symptoms are similar to what they list for kundalini. There’s definitely something else going on but maybe there’s some overlap of symptoms making it hard to pinpoint. Maybe I should even stop stimulating it with the exercise and let it take its course?

Anyway, it sounds like you started some positive life changes, maybe you're getting some kind of "energetic reward" to encourage you to stay the course?

Cheers,
Oliver

Thanks. I asked myself the same question. It was uncomfortable that night for some reason, maybe because I'd partied a little. Probably mainly because I wasn't used to it.

Korpo
16th August 2010, 07:56 PM
Korpo,

:D

:D indeed. ;)

Oliver