PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Armond
16th August 2010, 05:04 PM
Hi names Armond,

On me: I've been a lurker here for a long time but have now decided its time to share my knowledge and start posting. First a bit about me, I'm 19 years old. I've been interested in the supernatural and in 'The Art' as I like to call it my whole life but only started to act on it 4 years ago under my parents noses and now the past 2 years as an openly practicing Magician. I'm a student at University majoring in Psychology. I have a very logical and rational view on of the world, which may just be more proof of how insane I really am considering the irrational state of the world.

Beliefs:
Having stated that, I am a firm believer in (Magick the arts whatever you wish to call it) and all the rest that has yet to be scientifically explained. I'm a rather new practitioner of "the arts" I've only been studying/practicing for 4 years now. Ive studied several different forms of "Magic"/"Mental Arts"/"Chi"/"Psi" including Meditation, self hypnosis, Runes/Sigils, OBE's, Nature, Elemental, Chaos, Necromancy, summoning, use of Psi, use of Chi, mental manipulation of others, (the teachings of Hundreds of self proclaimed "Magicians" including Crowley, Franz Bardon, Robert Bruce, and Abra Merlin).

Brag list: I have had success in putting into practice most of what i have tried including(meditation sometimes being able to go as deep as the stage 5 stated here http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=15411.msg166656#msg166656 ), (Psi- basic psi wheel spinning, lifting small objects for short periods {bit of lace or paper} both under and not under a bowl), (Chi- haven't had any outside proof that i couldn't accidental be using Psi), (Elemental Chaos Magic- meaning I've altered {the weather}the elemental part, on multiple occasions though {self improvised rituals}the chaos part, 37 times i have succeeded without failing since I started succeeding), (OBE's through meditation{proof by watching/hearing current events unfold then asking the people about them later, being able to quote them word for word as they spoke}). The other things i have read about but not accentually tried(Necromancy, mental manipulation of others) or received testable results on(self hypnosis, Runes/Sigils, more extensive ritual magic). As well as practicing and following The IIH over the past year.

Tldr; Hi all I've run into some "free time" and I'll be posting here.

ButterflyWoman
16th August 2010, 05:08 PM
Hi, Armond. Welcome. :)

Neil Templar
16th August 2010, 05:12 PM
Hullo! :)

greytraveller
18th August 2010, 11:29 PM
Hallo Armond and welcome.

You have a wide range of interests. I too practice meditation, have read a lot ( and tried a little) magick, occasionally use runes and am fortunate enough to have experienced several OBEs.
About the use of Chi. Is that a ritual practice or a martial art discipline or maybe more like meditation? I understand that chi is supposed to flow through the body's energy system, yes. If so then what method to you utilize to enhance or channel that flow?

Just curious :)
Grey

baalixan
7th September 2010, 09:30 AM
welcome armond!

Greytraveller:

chi is focused like any energy, but its much more active in the 'physical' state. its what i would consider a sort of battle mediation. with your mind in full focus, it leaves your body to react instinctively(or more willfully for the more advanced), it hardens your body, and allows your body to work beyond what most people consider normal limits(what i would say would be at your limit). You have likely seen the 'ritual' for it that shaolin monks do. its called Kata(sp?) and its a war dance of sorts.