PDA

View Full Version : Scientific Information relating to OBE's

Daniel
20th June 2005, 07:09 PM
I was just wondering if there has been any scientific evidence that the "regular" world would find suitible in for believing that OBE's really exist? I get a little bit annoyed of everyone telling me that what I expirenced was only a dream, when I know for a fact it happened and can prove it. I also was thinking that there could be some kind of scientific instrument invented that could "see" into the astral. If anyone has any information relating this, it would be really helpful to me.

Donald McGlinn
21st June 2005, 05:41 AM
Hi Daniel,

I know some studies have been done.

I know also that Robert has been invited to participate in some science based studies and that he has accepted. I could be wrong, but it may even be this current workshop tour he is doing that he will do the study.

I agree that mainstream science needs to take a more active approach to many metaphysical fields. Thank goodness for quantum physics.

Donald

nparker
21st June 2005, 05:21 PM
Hi Daniel,

I know some studies have been done.

I know also that Robert has been invited to participate in some science based studies and that he has accepted. I could be wrong, but it may even be this current workshop tour he is doing that he will do the study.

I agree that mainstream science needs to take a more active approach to many metaphysical fields. Thank goodness for quantum physics.

Donald

Hi Daniel and Donald...

If Robert has already invited, and take part (like person under study) of experimental verifying programs, only the certitude of to have loss time can be (for Robert) the main conclusion; unless studies had been scheduled by Monroe Institute.

Mainstream Science, by its own (excluding Monroe Institute), has, of sure, a criteria far from Robert esteem. You can get an idea of Robert view about Mainstream Science attitude if you take into account my mailing next quoted:

De: Robert
Enviado el: Martes, 10 de Mayo de 2005 05:41:43 a.m.
Para: Natalia Parker
Asunto: RE: About a girl with X-Ray capabilities

G'day!

I think it will be a long time changing the way scientists think. But this will change because it has to, as eventually they will no longer be able to deny the evidence of their own eyes. The biggest influences on current materialistic thought are remote viewing research and quantum mechanics.

Robert.

excerpt from http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=149

But remote viewing research is mainly from T.M.I. and is of heavy interest of The Pentagon; then, its "out-of-establishment" policy. Quantum Mechanics, I can testify about it done my studies on Physics, are more involved with classical problems, far very far from Robert interests.

Sincerely,
Natalia Parker

Daniel
21st June 2005, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the responces everyone. Donald, next time you see Robert, could you please ask him if he is doing anything in this field with the scientists? Parker, if I understand correctly, do you believe that remote viewing will be a major field of scientific study in the near future?

nparker
21st June 2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the responces everyone. Donald, next time you see Robert, could you please ask him if he is doing anything in this field with the scientists? Parker, if I understand correctly, do you believe that remote viewing will be a major field of scientific study in the near future?

Hi Daniel...

Sorry, but you hasn't understand. If RB has been object of studies leaded by "reliable mainstream scientists", from his (of RB) experience and put into evidence through mailing with mine, his disappointment is clear.

Actually, Daniel, the only institution where really serious research studies were done, is the Monroe Institute (http://www.monroeinstitute.org). In previous mailing with RB, (I forget it or delete it, sorry) he watches good his works. Through another mailing, I know, Pentagon has relations with Monroe Institute; and, from the viewpoint of this military organization, if some of reliable there are with Remote Viewing thematics... well, Pentagon will cover it as military secret, or puts at work a discreditation policy whose main interest is obvious, from the viewpoint of National Security affaires.

Hence, by one way we have the problem of establishment and inertia of common science. By the other way we have the problem of National Security "legitimal" interests. By conclusion and quoting to RB, (look at previously quoted link, at prior post of mine) there are a long time before science begins to watch and seriously make the right inquiries for to solve the problems of occult abilities (i.e.: OBE, RV, PK, LD, etc.)

Sincerely
Natalia Parker

Rydel
21st June 2005, 09:41 PM
I was just wondering if there has been any scientific evidence that the "regular" world would find suitible in for believing that OBE's really exist? I get a little bit annoyed of everyone telling me that what I expirenced was only a dream, when I know for a fact it happened and can prove it. I also was thinking that there could be some kind of scientific instrument invented that could "see" into the astral. If anyone has any information relating this, it would be really helpful to me.

I do not know of any scientific studies of OBE's, let alone scientific EVIDENCE. I'm very interested in these scientific studies Robert will be participating in though. I look forward to hearing about that.

As for creating a scientific instrument that could peak into the astral, I don't see this happening. At least not any time in the future. The astral is really not a concrete reality, so to speak. It is on a totally different level than physical reality. One cannot just open a door and physically walk into, or even physically sense the astral. The astral is experienced through spiritual means (a projected double, as opposed to your physical body). A scientific instrument peaking into the astral, would need to A.) Find a way to PHYSICALLY see into the astral (the astral is not physical though, so this will not happen), or if (as I believe some have theorized) the astral is existing at a particular wavelength B.) they would need to find a way to detect this wavelength. This of course is dependent upon what the astral really is. For instance, some believe it is simply an altered state of consciousness, as oppossed to being a real thing that one actually enters.

All the different theories would require a different scientific approach, and with the amount of theories abounding, this would be intensly time consuming. In the end it really doesn't matter though, because YOU know that it is real.

Hope that all wasn't to confusing.

(Edit)
You all might want to check out the links found in this post.

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?p=1911#1911

Rydel
22nd June 2005, 07:25 PM
I just found an article in the July 2005 copy of Discover magazine. I was sitting here at the library waiting for a computer, and picked it up at random, and there was an article on scientific study of OBE's! I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll just edit this post with a review. Keep an eye open. :wink:

Rydel
25th June 2005, 04:58 PM
Well I was finally about to take the time to read that article. It focused mainly on NDE's and spontaneous OBE's experienced by people with little or no experience. It went over tests done on hundreds of children who reportedly had had NDE's at one point, and pilots testing new FAST planes out, who were reportedly having spontaneous OBE's when they became unconscious due to the high speed of the aircraft.

The theory being tested now, which researchers are having a lot of success with, is that OBE's are caused when there is increased bloodflow to the temporal lobes.

Other than that, the article wasn't all that exciting.

Greatoutdoors
29th June 2005, 06:12 PM
I saw an article on the same subject some time back, either in Discover or Scientific American -- I think about a year ago. Of course I didn't bother to make a note of it at the time. After all, I had the magazine at home, couldn't be that hard to find again. Right...:!:

Anyway, the focus of that article was a researcher's ability to induce OBEs by magnetically stimulating certain parts of the brain. It was quite interesting. If I ever do find it again I will give you an issue date.

Akashic_Librarian
2nd October 2005, 07:17 PM
Put it this way, when a true scientist accepts that the dimension we live in is not the only dimension, and the government of any counrty openly funds research in "Psychc phenomenon, or metaphysics" then i will eat a piece titanium! The world population just isn't ready to accept there is more to life, everyone is too preoccupied with just one they can't cope with another!

Greatoutdoors
3rd October 2005, 06:29 PM
Akashic_Librarian,

Ever hear of String Theory? Mainstream scientists are embracing it with no hesitation (with others opposing, of course). One of the requirements of String Theory is the existence of many parallel dimensions.

You may be well on the way to eating that platinum! :lol:

enoch
13th April 2006, 09:23 PM
I read a book about nde experiences and, if memory serves me well, there's no disputing from the scienific world that obe exist, but I'm afraid that if you expect science to step foot into a philosophical arena then it's not going to happen.

I'm aware that it's important for science to take a deeper interest in astral projection and nde but they aint going to conclude anything any way near what we'd hope for. In fact, whatever science does eventually conclude on and work with will be so far rooted in psychological, even biological frameworks, that it isn;t going to leave anythin to imagination and most probably leave alot of people finding themselves hitting the ground with a serious bump.

...cue the counter claims and age-old quarrels... :roll:

13th April 2006, 09:48 PM
Rydel said:

The theory being tested now, which researchers are having a lot of success with, is that OBE's are caused when there is increased bloodflow to the temporal lobes.

I have often wondered if these experiences (OBE, Psi, etc.) are somehow "hard wired" into our brain. And stimulation of this hard wiring can be done by either mechanical means or by spiritual means. In other words, there have obviously been tests done in hospitals and research labs where they can "simulate" OBE and other paranormal experiences using various mechanical devices. I'm not sure it is just simulating. I think it's possible that the spirit can also stimulate the hard wiring to create these experiences, although for a very different reason.

enoch
23rd April 2006, 02:23 PM
There's some good info here about past and present obe research. Very encouraging stuff! http://www.psywww.com/asc/obe/faq/obe22.html

http://www.spiritwatch.ca/issue%205.1/LL5_1_Salley.htm

still awaiting results of this one: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/press/title,39579,en.htm

http://www.lucidity.com/NL32.OBEandLD.html

Interesting fox news story here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191546,00.html