PDA

View Full Version : Something to ponder.. Part two:

DAN
14th March 2006, 12:10 AM
Sorry to see the thread closed. I did some digging over the weekend. I asked my wife about white witch & black witch. It appear's i
was wrong! EMF might of threw this out as a trick question and i bit it!
Here's a quote from Marion Weistein's book: " Earth magic a book of
shadow's for positive witches".

I do not call myself a "white witch" and i'm upset when other
people do so. They may be trying to sound enlightened and open minded
because they know i'm not a bad witch as in fairytales, folklore, and the
land of oz. But white is not good, and black is not bad. Those definition's
are out dated and biased. How about positive and negitive? I define
myself as a positive witch. But actually all witches are positive- all real
witches.
I often make the distinction between positive and negitive magic.
It's outrageously simple, and absolutely not subject to interpretation.
positive magic is for good of all. So is positive witch craft. Negitive magic
and negitive witchcraft is either blatantly harmful, or just the tinest bit
manipulative. Positive work respect's the free will of all and is for good of
all. Negitive work is based on a belief that someone has to be pushed
around - even for their "own good". Negitive work can have all sort's of
rationalizations to make it seem right. But is never right. Positive work
never has to prove anything. It alway's works, and it harms none.
Anybody who tells you that witchcraft is exactly like this, and
means exactly that, is probably making it up. And basically that's fine.
That's what's so wonderful and liberating about an inner-directed theology

14th March 2006, 01:01 AM
"Start a thread on negs are imagination! or God what the hell is he thinking!"

Dan, you wouldn't be talking about me, now would you? LOL! Well, I've changed my ways...you can ask Spectral. I'm going to be a good girl now. Maybe not a "good witch", but an understanding one. So, let's not stir up those threads again.

This is really weird. I just spent the last hour reading up on magic/k, witches, and how they got started. If I read it right, so many things, occult and religious can trace their roots back to the same things. Kind of universal experiences when one attempts to try them. Of course, people who deeply identify with one or the other would disagree. But, personally, I was amazed at how many belief systems "borrow" from other belief systems, and on down the line. From what I was reading, much of this stuff (not all) comes down from the Egyptians in one form or another. I knew I always liked those Egyptians. I forgot what I origianlly did a search on, but links to magic, magick, paganism, Christian mysticism, Kabbala, Rosicrucians, and even Aunt Clair's hermetics kept popping up all over the place. Whew, there's enough stuff out there that you could read all your lilfe and not finish.

I've been to Salem, Mass. twice because of my fascination with witches. I'm not Wiccan or a witch, but my ancestors are Celtic. Who knows, maybe I was once a witch!

DAN
14th March 2006, 10:01 PM
Painterhypnogirl

Partially there's been a few article's like that in the past. Do some
research before you walk into a cow barn with a bucket of grain. You will
get run over if you don't know what your doing.

Dan

enoch
14th March 2006, 10:57 PM
Witches...hmm....I recall reading historical texts regarding pagan ways and rituals throughout history...but the word "witch" has a kinda gruesome history attached to it that i'd rather not get into without fear of offending the church.

DAN
14th March 2006, 11:37 PM
Enoch

I even find this at the work place, mention something about witches
and christian's are comeing out of the woodwork with there torches!

DAN
14th March 2006, 11:48 PM
Enoch

Since when have you been afraid to offend anyone?

Dan

Jonathan2525
14th March 2006, 11:54 PM
Hello all,

Could someone please tell me, if not here then in pm, what all the fuss was about? The original question was:

Q: What is Black and White magic? Are there such things as a Black witch? With dark rituals and spells, and the ability to drain the life out of others at will? Are there such things as White witch's? Do they use only beneficial spells? and rituals that will heal, or ward off Black magic?

What’s incendiary about those questions? This is a paranormal forum isn’t it? Did I miss a subtle innuendo that was meant as an insult?

I have already posted a definition for black and white magic in the “Psychic and Spiritual Development and Experiences” forum, since I felt it was more appropriate.

Perhaps it was the framing of the questions, how EMF said that he always liked a good debate. However, I see nothing controversial about asking the above questions.

Sincerely, Jonathan H

15th March 2006, 12:35 AM
Painterhypnogirl

Dan

Dan, I don't know what you mean by that comment. I wasn't reading an article. I was on a search engine that kept having links to more information. I was doing research. I happen to be a Rosicrucian. That has quite a history, and there were a lot of links to that.

I ain't sceered a nothin'! :D So, you don't need to worry about me being run over.

enoch
15th March 2006, 03:37 PM
Enoch

Since when have you been afraid to offend anyone?

Dan

Thanks Dan!! :roll: :? :)

What I was trying to suggest is that the concept of a "witch" and the traditional pagan rituals and beliefs are two completely different worlds. One of which was more or less materialised by the church and has no foundation whatsoever other than that of oppression? (including so called black and white magick).

Do I offend people? I apologise if I do. I don't mean to...I just love scratching away at my head! Kinda! :roll: :P

Nay
15th March 2006, 04:53 PM
Painterhypnogirl

Dan

Dan, I don't know what you mean by that comment. I wasn't reading an article. I was on a search engine that kept having links to more information. I was doing research. I happen to be a Rosicrucian. That has quite a history, and there were a lot of links to that.

I ain't sceered a nothin'! :D So, you don't need to worry about me being run over.

I think he means if you dangle food infront of a bunch of cows, they will run you over to get to it... :lol: I heard Dr. Phil's voice when I read that line... :shock: :)

15th March 2006, 05:50 PM
I got that part, silly...ahm from Tayaxas, maam! :roll: Moo! hehehe!
I think he was tongue in check warning me that I might get hexed???? :wink: Thoughts, anyone? :idea:

Nay
15th March 2006, 05:53 PM
:lol: Yeah silly, I was being fascious... can you get spell check on the forums now that you're a mod? :D

15th March 2006, 05:58 PM
Now you know I'm computer challenged...what, you don't like my Texas talk, little missy? :lol: :lol:

Nay
15th March 2006, 06:52 PM
Patty is a nut, she has a rubber butt, she picks her nose and eats her toes and that's the way the story goes. :lol: I was talking about my spelling, silly. :grin:

I'm sorry that we got off topic here... continue, ya'll. :smile:

enoch
15th March 2006, 06:58 PM
maybe you should mod ivillage or abckids instead, hypno? :lol: :oops:

DAN
15th March 2006, 07:30 PM
Painterhypnogirl

Where in the hell did you come up with hexed? That subject is alway's
a hot one Here and on the astral pulse and you didn't hold up well at all.

15th March 2006, 07:39 PM
Painterhypnogirl

Were in the hell did you come up with hexed? That subject is alway's
a hot one Here and on the astral pulse and you didn't hold up well at all.

....And your not helping the situation. She's trying to understand, can you at least TRY to help her understand a bit?

DAN
15th March 2006, 09:34 PM
Spectral

Put the gavel down your reading into this wrong.

Dan

16th March 2006, 01:47 AM
Hahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!
Enoch, that's so funny! I had to look up ivillage 'cause I'd never heard of it. So, I definitely wouldn't make a good mod there!

Dan, huh?? I thought that's what you meant...sorry, I didn't know that was a hot subject. I don't understand why, so I'll have to do a search for some old threads. I'll hold up better next time, whatever that means. :D

Nay, stop cracking me up. I'm trying to be serious here! :shock: :D

16th March 2006, 01:49 AM
And, thank you Spectral. I appreciate the help! :wink:

16th March 2006, 04:39 AM
Spectral

Put the gavel down your reading into this wrong.

Dan

No, I don't think so.

You were clearly on the verge of saying some things you should not, and she is simply asking questions to understand from you, which you are not answering and instead making comments which seems to make her further confused.

DAN
16th March 2006, 02:53 PM
Spectral

There appear's to be another issue here. But that's me reading into
something.

Dan

mick
17th March 2006, 06:22 PM
I often make the distinction between positive and negitive magic.
It's outrageously simple, and absolutely not subject to interpretation.
positive magic is for good of all. So is positive witch craft. Negitive magic
and negitive witchcraft is either blatantly harmful, or just the tinest bit
manipulative. Positive work respect's the free will of all and is for good of
all. Negitive work is based on a belief that someone has to be pushed
around - even for their "own good". Negitive work can have all sort's of
rationalizations to make it seem right. But is never right. Positive work
never has to prove anything. It alway's works, and it harms none.

Having read in that quote a number of rationalisations why positive work is always right I was amused at the statement that rationalisations of Negative work are never right whilst positive work never has to prove anything. :)

For me the idea of using tools be they in the physical or non physical will involve causes and effects. But on the microcosm level who has the tools to always follow through and know if and what ramifications may have resulted. For the most part we are left with knowing only of our intent at the time and maybe some immediate feedback. I would add that if we are in a position to know that our actions have consequences then we by nature perhaps have a responsibility for them, if we are ignorant of the consequences then is that a double whammy? There is a bit of a deja vu sense here so will move on. :)
Perhaps some examples of the fail-safe activities of a white witch would be useful, if into the measurement/judgement bit then for me it is individual acts that might be measured having perhaps a different grey shade grading. :) Perhaps there is someone somewhere totting up the totals in order to establish the final grey shade. :shock:
Sometimes I get the feeling that they doth protest too much regarding the 'it does no harm' statements. Is it for their benefit or those outside their groupings.
I visited a witchy site last year where numerous baubles had been hung by a spring, looked a real mess having turned a pleasant place of nature into a load of messy tat IMHO of course. Those that dowsed it also felt it has been simply messed with but I am sure that this location with its symbology would be very much in the eye of the beholder.

[/b]