PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Neil Templar
18th August 2010, 07:20 PM
i'm loving True Blood series right now.
much darker graphic adult vampire action. i don't think it's doing me any harm.

i was talking to someone the other day about it. they told me that every time there is a recession, there is an increase in vampire-based "entertainment".
something to do with the escapism, and possibly the idea of being more powerful than a normal human. not having to live according to the dictates of society...

ThePoliteSkeptic
18th August 2010, 09:35 PM
I have watched True Blood. At first I couldn't stand it, because it was just a little too corny. I did end up enjoying the series, but I still believe it's a little too corny. Oh well.

Neil Templar
18th August 2010, 09:53 PM
it's fun.
it's made by HBO, so, you kinda know what you're gonna get. :D

CFTraveler
18th August 2010, 11:56 PM
Hey! I love True Blood. They've shoved as much mythology as any show can stand, and made it funny, like a Tarantino movie. I say Yay for True Blood.

CFTraveler
19th August 2010, 12:00 AM
i'm loving True Blood series right now.
much darker graphic adult vampire action. i don't think it's doing me any harm.

i was talking to someone the other day about it. they told me that every time there is a recession, there is an increase in vampire-based "entertainment".
something to do with the escapism, and possibly the idea of being more powerful than a normal human. not having to live according to the dictates of society... But seriously, I have found that True Blood takes the 'glamour' away from the idea of the vampire, and shows what miserable wretches they really become, so I'd say, from someone who always loved the 'vampire genre', I find True Blood makes it look less glamorous, not more.
I think I'm going to split this topic, because it deserves it's own thread.

iadnon
19th August 2010, 10:14 PM
Mmmm, it's great!

It reminds me "Buffy the vampire slayer", in the sense that it also started with just vampires and evolved introducing new interesting characters (shapeshifters and other beings).

Its looks are great (very aesthetic for me), and the plot doesn't make it as corny as it's being said.

By the way... we are all about to know what Sookie is!!!! (a sort of a fairy of destruction? :-))))

Neil Templar
20th August 2010, 01:07 AM
yep she's faerie.
there's actually 9 books in the series...so 9 potential tv series.. :twisted:

CFTraveler
20th August 2010, 02:11 AM
What is the name of the book series? I read in a blog about it being a book (Sookie's adventures or something like that) but the author never named the books by titles.

Neil Templar
20th August 2010, 11:10 AM
yeah in the title credits on tv it says "the Sookie Stackhouse books" but the books themselves have different titles each. i'll find out.
a friend has them all.

Cal
24th September 2010, 09:42 AM
I very much enjoy True Blood, it baffles me why we are entertained by watching people go through so much hell. I mean, poor Tara :( The writers must really hate her.

CFTraveler
24th September 2010, 02:17 PM
I very much enjoy True Blood, it baffles me why we are entertained by watching people go through so much hell. I mean, poor Tara :( The writers must really hate her. I agree, poor Tara. I hope at the end she has a happily ever after with Jason.