PDA

View Full Version : E1B's dream journal

eyeoneblack
22nd August 2010, 05:24 AM
Might as well start my own. :| 8)

I don't consider our waking life any different from our dreaming life - it's just another plane of consciousness, so I look at RL symbols in the same way as dreaming symbols. With that in mind...

Opossums are the symbol. I came home tonight and this darn baby 'possum is on my bed. Later I discover he's peed on my pillow. No pillow tonight. Before him was an adolescent possum and before him was a full-grown adult. 'Possums, possums, possums.

In a way it doesn't bother me (except that he peed on my pillow). I like all god's creatures and this one little is really pretty cute. But I'd rather not make him a pet - I need him gone and as soon as he's back out of the house the cat door is sealed at night. But, like I said, what does 'possum have to say to me?

He's N. America's only marsupial - does this mean something to my psyche? :?

eyeoneblack
22nd August 2010, 05:37 AM
Wait! 'Possums play dead and stink like carrion in order not to be eaten. :shock:

Is this to say I should be more lively (play alive), smell nice and get eaten? That's horrifying. A killing thought. Not to let you in on too much, but I do pretty much stay undercover - try to be invisible in order not to be disturbed.

Hmmm.

Well the 'possum's got to go if I can ever get him out of the house. He's still here in the study with me - can't scare him off. :lol: Poor little fella'.

eyeoneblack
22nd August 2010, 06:16 AM
Aug 21, 1:30 p.m.
I've lost the early parts - just going to grab what I can.

I have to pick up my daughter from school. A person has taken me there, but she has hurried me and I didn't get my pants on. I'm nicely dressed in a navy suit coat, neru style, but it just barely covers my privates. The school appears to be in the forest, it is dark with pools of artificial light. I lurk around trying not to be noticed but she's expecting me and I have to find her among the other and kids and parents. I do and nobody makes any comment about me not having my pants on and we leave.

Skip.

We're taking an alternative form of transportation. Four are to sit in the 'bailer' (box compactor at work). The big steel door swings out and the girls are already in but as Dad and I get in the 'car' starts moving. We grab on to the door but we can't get in and shut it. I yell to the driver to stop, but it's too noisy, I can't yell loud enough. Dad doesn't have a very good hold on the door and I'm afraid he's going to fall off.

We ride this way for some time, just hanging on, then the situation changes so now we're in the back of a large car traveling a dirt road. But now the imminent danger is the car is on fire near the gas tank and if we stop it will blow up. We're going home, but in order not to stop we take this long winding road.

I tell Dad it's ok, that I know this road well and we look out the windows and there many UFO's in the sky. They're radio control UFO's and this is a place in the country the RC people come fly them. The blue sky is full these white translucent disks.

We get home, but again we can't stop the car. We're driving around in circles, again darkness and trees are a feature. We decide to bail out and we do. I hit the ground and roll and when I get up the car has hit a tree and broken in two. Everybody's back up and I tell them to run but just then the car explodes. I think everybody is Ok but then I see this guy (the driver) standing over the burning car angrily throwing something at it.

He's on fire, but the fire is internal - he's glowing like a white hot iron. I panic and grab a yellow water hose, but I see the spigot on the house and the hose attached to it is green. I run to the house and turn it on and when I come back the burning man is on the ground and I dowse him with water. He only squints because of the water in his face because he's all right.

My 'dad' tells me the burning man driver thinks my pipe started the fire [I smoke a tobacco pipe]). I think, of course he does, I have fire on board, it's not the cause, but I wouldn't think I could convince him otherwise. So I resolve to ignore the accusation.

Then we're back on the country road and leaving it, take down a steep embankment at the bottom of which are large impressions of animal foot prints in the soft dirt. I remark that there is a large animal around. The person with me says there sure is, and this Irish Setter (?) charges up like he's my own best friend. We pet and hug and I wake up.

Korpo
22nd August 2010, 11:53 AM
Is this to say I should be more lively (play alive), smell nice and get eaten?

Not the worst possum-bilities. :D

Also be open to the idea of getting a new pillow. ;)

Before him was an adolescent possum and before him was a full-grown adult. 'Possums, possums, possums.

Seems like a reversal - going from adult to baby, kind of like regression.

Cheers,
Oliver

Korpo
22nd August 2010, 12:10 PM
Ah, there's the good ole' forest dream symbol again. ;) Too bad there's an Irish Setter at the end - I think you dream like this on purpose... :? :lol:

Barely covered privates - issues of privacy, also issues of "being seen" - here in public. The forest and school are symbols of growth and learning, and given former remarks you've made about your daughter it's no wonder you expect her to be there already.

Now the darkness and the artificial light are to be considered. In my opinion natural light is the best kind of light to have in a dream, it can really be awesome. But you describe this:

is dark with pools of artificial light
This could be a note about your chosen method of illumination (and learning), or could denote a dark night phase or a need for true illumination. Of course a lot of gruesome fairy tale stuff happens deep in the dark forest, but it's not where you usually find a school, so I'm ruling the "dark forest" symbol out, as there are also no scary things around.

Having no pants on is a common dream topic, and can go from shyness over feeling exposed or "becoming exposed" to many similar ideas. Note however how others (in the dream) do not share your concerns. You react to exposure by "lurking" - like here:

try to be invisible in order not to be disturbed.

But that's not from a dream...

BTW, I know possums only from Disney cartoons, but don't they hang down from branches "head down?" So maybe not only regression, but also reversal.

Oliver

eyeoneblack
25th August 2010, 02:01 PM
About the light, this next little fragment deals again with the problem. The lighting is akin to being in a cave with a 'cap light' on the forehead. Where I look is illuminated, but all else is dark. Here are the rats again. Many of them are scrambling around my feet. I look away and in the darkness the rats swarm my feet. I look down and kick one and keep trying to kick them but I really can't kick very hard - it doesn't bother them.

Finally I decide there's really nothing wrong with them, they're warm and soft and don't mean any harm so I just accept them as mine and wake up.

This has been a time of major upheaval in my life - I'm doing another 180 like I have so often in the past. There comes a time in my life when I have to wipe the slate clean, start over, reinvented again. I was born into this world an artist and no matter what else, what other 'reasonable' livelihoods I take up, eventually I'm called back to the hand-to-mouth existence of a minor artist with some talent, obsessed with the need to create something, anything, but create I must.

I quit WalMart the other day, but they weren't happy with that and will suggest some changes that might make life there for more agreeable, but I haven't contacted them about these ideas - even if they promote me to mgmt, I sense that it is over no matter what and must resist any entreaty to stay.

It's a matter of intuition, of reading the entire environment and sensing that it's time to move on. But these sort of things are always stressful. :?

And Oliver I think therein may lie the regression and reversal motif you so insightfully suggest. :)

Richard

eyeoneblack
25th August 2010, 02:06 PM
p.s. A friend told my once a long time ago, if you can't make your life a booming success at least try to make it a good read. :lol:

Korpo
25th August 2010, 02:10 PM
Extremes make good stories, but lead to a very exhausting life, I'd say. :)

Oliver

Korpo
25th August 2010, 06:22 PM
Hello, Richard.

About the light, this next little fragment deals again with the problem. The lighting is akin to being in a cave with a 'cap light' on the forehead. Where I look is illuminated, but all else is dark.

A cap light is illumination associated with yourself. You're "shining a light on things."

Oppose this with the Source which is often the sun or source of all light that you experience in otherworldly scenarios. It illuminates without effort, is the source of all light, energy and warmth, illumination itself.

If you walk around in the dark this could denote feeling severed from the Source. For example by existential depression - similarly as with the real sun people get depressed from lack of sunlight. The sunlight of the Source (and its intermediary, the soul) is your life force. When I used to be severely depressed I used to describe it as "sitting at the bottom of a deep dark hole."

In this sense the searching and the movement is positive, as is the illumination - whatever the origin of the darkness around you, you keep on searching, moving, trying to go beyond it.

Cheers,
Oliver

eyeoneblack
26th August 2010, 06:08 PM
If you walk around in the dark this could denote feeling severed from the Source. For example by existential depression - similarly as with the real sun people get depressed from lack of sunlight. The sunlight of the Source (and its intermediary, the soul) is your life force. When I used to be severely depressed I used to describe it as "sitting at the bottom of a deep dark hole."

In this sense the searching and the movement is positive, as is the illumination - whatever the origin of the darkness around you, you keep on searching, moving, trying to go beyond it.

You're really right on again, Oliver. I've been dealing with depression that I haven't known in a couple of years - actually thought I was cured for good, it having been a constant companion my entire life. I'm feeling much better today, having turned in my badge at work I'm looking forward to a different life - a creative life again, some hiking and camping; a vacation really.

I'll be able to rejoin my meditation group too! which will definitely be good for me. 8)

Thanks for your input, always appreciated. :)

Richard

eyeoneblack
2nd September 2010, 03:01 PM
Just a short report from last night.

For one thing, my mother has been showing up every night which always ends in an arguement. I wake up distressed just like I did when she was still alive. There are some sheilding things CPW mentioned... was that in this thread? Shoot, I'll go look.

Last night I'm talking to an old fraternity brother. I remember how he and his buddy Scott had traveled from the SW on horseback to get to school. (not true) But they were real cowboy types, always laughing and having a great time. I tell him he's not so happy now as he was then. He agrees.

I go over to some work I have on the table and find a tangled mess of papers, posters and booklets. I get it straightened out just in time for the person (another friend from way back) who's work it is to arrive, and pretend to be working on it because I'm supposed to have it finished for her.

She knows I haven't done a thing with it and is disappointed.

eyeoneblack
10th January 2011, 05:54 PM
I don't know that this posting is of general interest to anybody, unless you are dealing with dreamscape representations of a deceased parent which is the bulk of my thoughts here.

Dream fragment:
I'm living in a comfortable modern house with my parents (father is not seen, if he's there at all) and a young little sister (I have only a brother IRL). At any rate, it has the feel of 'home'. I observe Mother to have a short and sassy haircut which goes well with her attitude as she is headed out of the house to go to work. Since her death a year ago she seems to be getting along well and no longer stirs negative emotions in me nor any very positive emotions either for that matter.

It's morning and little sis has got to go to school but she doesn't have any lunch money. I observe dishes from last night's dinner in the sink and note that a large meal was served but not much of it was eaten. One of the dishes left over appeared to be flank steak, rare. I think with disgust how last night there was plenty and yet this morning Mother (or Dad, if he's around) doesn't even have lunch money for little Sis. I dig out what money I have on me, $6, and give it to her.

This seems to be a persistent theme in meeting with dreamscape representations of Mother; feelings that she is irresponsible and neglects people and pets who depend on her, and it is up to me to step in and cover the deficit for her. These feelings are RL memories of her as well. So, although she is getting along well in the astral and she no longer pushes my buttons, nothing has really changed.

I've encountered theologies that, unlike Christianity, plainly state that the mere act of dying, of leaving the physical body, confers no improvement to one's spiritual status/growth and she is evidence of that, I suppose.

Well, to finish the dream segment: I go the garage where my vehicle is white and awkwardly long. I struggle to get it out of the garage. I go to MY house where I am engaged in remodel work for the day.

Korpo
10th January 2011, 08:24 PM
Hello, Richard.

The steak might be a signal of the beef you inwardly still have with her (the family dinner is "having food together" and it turns out to be beef) or with her failings - in this case her failing to provide evenly and consistently. It's still a raw and tender issue for you. I think that could mean that this dream was a way to release such feelings now that she "left house."

Cheers,
Oliver

eyeoneblack
11th January 2011, 02:03 AM
Excellent, Oliver! :) I believe you have really struck the chord. The steak was in fact raw appearing but fortunately, like flank steak, sliced very thin which is a good sign. Also, I should expect to occupy my own house soon (after some remodel) which would indicate that I'll be moving on.

Thanks again for your skill and insight. :wink:

Korpo
11th January 2011, 09:02 AM
Well, good luck with the remodeling then. It's usually accompanied by some inner changes of a similar nature. :)

Cheers,
Oliver

eyeoneblack
2nd February 2011, 07:38 PM
This was a night of unceasing dreams.

I felt I needed to wake up every two hours to check for freezing plumbing (it's been in the 1s and teens for two days and our houses, especially old ones like mine, aren't built for this) so the night was like being on a timer and the two hour sleep cycle I think fostered extra dreaming activity.

These were not lucid dreams, just plain dreams with spotty recall up until the last, that still was not lucid but with quite a bit of recall.

Early on there was one that was curious as it may relate to sleep paralysis. In the dream I was searching for a bottle of decongestants (actually it was just a bottle of night-time sleep aid which is the same pharmaceutical as Benedryl) because I was having trouble breathing. I couldn't find the bottle then I thought to check my nose and discovered my airways were clear. As I started waking up I wondered if this was asthma? (I've never had asthma).

What I’m getting to is, I’ve had sleep paralysis where not only could I not move but I couldn’t breath either. This has happened a few times and it was very frightening. This dream was similar, but I could breath, just not well enough.

Then dream, dream and then one that involved guns. This is the second one I’ve had with guns. Guns generally indicate violence and I think it odd that I had these unique dreams only after posting on another thread that I could imagine the Tuscon shooter did NOT have violent dreams. A possibility at any rate, but I’m rethinking it. My gun dreams were not frightening, I simply had to get a gun to defend against guns. It is too vague to go any further.

And finally, the last dream which I have fairly good recall of. The setting is the clichéd ivy building campus of a university. I’ve spent the night in a room on campus - not a dorm room but a public room (must have been in the student union). I go looking for food thinking no one’s awake yet so I’m in my underwear (at least the underwear is clean and new :lol:) But I notice people are starting to mill in the building, most don’t notice but a professor comments on my lack of clothes. I shrug it off.

I’m not a student here, they’re younger than me and while the professors I meet are roughly contemporaries, I’m aside from them as well, as in I don’t see them as authority figures. I stumble on to the commercial kitchen and a student tells me she’d like a bagel and cream cheese (or something). Apparently she thinks I work there. I ignore her and go searching around the kitchen and find a bin of Roma tomatoes. I need a lot of them so I find a separate sack for them then I discover three stalks of celery, but they’re laying in water and limp. I remember this is not a market, but a kitchen and the celery was left over from yesterday.

I leave the student union and walk across campus. There are students, but I don’t pay any attention to them, a couple of professors and one that stops me and informs me that these two old bicycles here, I look at two abandoned bikes, and he suggests I might get $20 for the tape(?) on them. I wonder if he thinks I’m just a scavenging low-paid worker for the university?

I walk on and there’s this thing with an old yellowed and scarred bowling pin. Can’t remember how I found it, but I think I threw it and walked on to pick it back up again - liking kicking a rock down the road. I threw it again but it landed in a tree. Someone wondered what it was and I said it was bowling pin.

I’m not sure of the sequence of the paragraph above and this - which came first, because I seemed to have been off-campus during the bowling pin stuff - in a neighborhood. Anyway, this is on campus and I pass another professor. He asks me how I’ve been. He seems to be genuinely interested - like maybe he’s a psych or sociology teacher and I answer that I’ve been a little depressed, appreciating his concern - his humanity. But his response is to the effect that he is sorry I’ve had a sad life. At this point I think I wake up with the thought that, wait a minute, you asked me how I’ve been, like recently, not about my life. My life has been good.

eyeoneblack
24th February 2011, 01:18 AM
These are just a few snippets from dreams the last few days.

A flying lesson. In this situation a small creature/being (I can't decide animal or human) was 'loose' and needed to be caught. It appeared to be confined to a narrow hall way. Characters in the dream knew I can fly and figured I was the person to catch it. The sequence was much longer than I can recall clearly but this much is very clear. The animal, about the size and shape of a small pig, would race down the hall, me flying just above in pursuit. It would then come to the end of the hall, turn around and race back.

This was the problem, flying, I couldn't stop, do a 180 and take off again near as fast as it on the ground. I'd catch up just as we came to end of the hall, then I'd have to start over again. I woke up with this 'conclusion'; I needed to put a foot on the ground so I could stop and pivot. But this seemed impossible, you're either flying or not, you can't mix it up.

The pesky macaw monkey. Another night and another critter. Picture a small, spindly monkey - long arms and tail. Now fuse it with a macaw parrot so that is very colorful - large, bright yellow head with a blue stripe down the middle and a blue body and tail. It's 'beak' however is in its mouth like one sharp tooth on top and a smaller one below. It's about the same size as a macaw.

This little critter is horsing around in the living room where I and others are gathered, climbing between my legs and under the furniture and behind things and there was really no knowing where it was until you spotted him. I picked him up. He's was squirmy and climbed on my shoulder and bit my hand which really hurt. I kept trying to keep my eye on him and was afraid he was going to bite someone else.

Then I noticed a lady pretending to bite a man on the shoulder. Then other people began this little game of imitating the parrot monkey, biting each other on the shoulder. I gathered it was someone's pet and not a threat, I guess unless you pick it up.

eyeoneblack
16th April 2011, 01:45 AM

[Taking the lead from others here, I've decided to keep most of my journal private, but this one I thought was worth sharing. I confess however, this is one lousy piece of writing :( .]

A couple of weeks have passed, some mornings I have awakened with no awareness at all that I had dreamed; other mornings only faint sketches of images or situations that provoked, again, nothing more than ennui. This morning's dream was much appreciated on a few levels - that I had recall, the dream seemed symbolic and most of all I met the 'girl of my dreams'.

This dream was interrupted frequently by waking up, declaring how wonderful it is and diving back in, trying to extend it - and succeeding to some degree. The situation was a college where I was a transfer student from another university, apparently of some esteem in the minds of the teachers and students. A small group of us was assigned the task of putting on a skit for the amusement of the guests of an assembly of some sort.

We had only a short amount of time to write the skit and rehearse it before we would take the stage and entertain the assembly. One of our little troupe was a young girl, long brown hair, attractive, but plain - not beautiful in common terms; yet, we touched hands and in that touch a deep well of intuition opened up and echoed with the intimacy and empathy that can only be understood as true and spiritual love. I no longer cared for our assignment. I only cared for her.

Three teachers, committee persons, approached me, aware that we had made no progress in writing the skit. They were small and deformed in head and body and one, the 'taller' one with an awkwardly large bald head, began berating me for not producing the skit, for disappointing them in their expectations; it being nigh time to perform it.

I was disgusted with them and turned away, deciding to myself I would make it an extemporaneous performance. All that was needed would be that I and the girl would hold hands and openly express our thoughts and emotions; our love and the ecstasy of the reunion of souls. Certainly this would be the very essence of art, striking the pedal-point of our lost and lonely existence, for you see, ecstasy is but the flip side of despair.

Surely we two people, having found each other at long last, holding hands, uttering nothing else, unable to speak of anything more, than those bare naked truths only lovers know - surely in our spontaneous expressions of mutual joy, if one could listen closely, he would hear the low drone of the bagpipe, ever present under the lyrical marching melodies of the stoic, forlorn, but ever hopeful strains of the march of the inevitable.

If there is a lesson to our life on Earth it is to reach beyond the sand castles of our worldly desires and to weep for our losses no more. It is a great irony that we are born to this beautiful planet under a limited contract, and it takes a richly developed sense of humor to fully appreciate the joke.

Yes, our skit would be a tour de force if only if I could add a little vaudeville. So I decided that before the skit I would stand alone on the stage and show the audience a little preparation in the way of applying super glue to both my hands. That done, when the girl and I took each other's hands we would be stuck for good.

I awoke considering how awkward that could get!

Beekeeper
16th April 2011, 04:59 AM
I can see why you were reluctant to leave the dream but Superglue might be taking things too far. :lol:

eyeoneblack
16th April 2011, 02:54 PM
Indeed! But that brings up a question I haven't thought of before. In the dream we never did the skit, I never put the Super Glue on my hands, I only THOUGHT of these things. So, is thinking about something still dreaming. It seems after the encounter with the committee teachers I have no more images, only thinking about it.

I'm still asleep so I must still be 'dreaming' but all I'm doing is musing about the situation. Like I said I haven't thought about that kind of dreaming before. I don't know. :?

Korpo
16th April 2011, 03:07 PM
Indeed! But that brings up a question I haven't thought of before. In the dream we never did the skit, I never put the Super Glue on my hands, I only THOUGHT of these things. So, is thinking about something still dreaming. It seems after the encounter with the committee teachers I have no more images, only thinking about it.

You might have lost connection with the experience there. It got replaced by trying to shape the experience according to what you wanted. The imagery was your translation of the energy you were in touch with. Losing touch with the energy you lost the imagery.

Cheers,
Oliver

eyeoneblack
16th April 2011, 09:29 PM
I totally agree, Oliver. I lost the dream but I kept on mulling it over, fashioning it to a desirable conclusion, even if it was pretty silly. :lol:

But I wonder when great thinkers wake in the midnight hours with a solution to a vexing problem - Edison, Einstein etc - if that is not the sort of dreaming they were doing? It's just I've never read anything about this 'other' type of dream - a thinking dream not within a dreamscape of images and personages.

Have you?

Korpo
17th April 2011, 05:49 PM
Well, I'm not sure when the great ideas happen, but why shouldn't there be images?
I think it was the structure of the gold molecule that was discovered within a visual dream.

I often woke from the thinking state while still asleep. Most often it seems to help remember the experience I just had, but the state itself is decidedly less than the experience that just happened, and also I noticed that I could not return to the experience from that state.

Cheers,
Oliver

eyeoneblack
6th May 2011, 03:39 PM
[My dream life has been so barren of late it's as if I've forgotten who (whoops, 'how') to ride a bicycle so I've brought something out of my journal just to say I'm still hear (whoops, 'here').]

~~~~~

Finally a dream with some recall. I woke as has been my irritating habit the past two weeks about 2 a.m.. I had noted the time I went to bed (8:30 p.m.) and calculated that 5 1/2 hours is not a good night's sleep, especially if you're trying to do dream work, but still the feeling there's no more sleep to be had couldn’t be shaken and I tossed and turned until three.

Finally I got up, poured a glass of orange juice and went to the couch to finish a book I’ve mentioned here, LaBerge’s Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. The book had ceased to be fun or informative but I pushed on, estimating the pages remaining too often. It was a bit of a struggle, the thought occurring to me that the author was merely padding the book for length, and I fought the temptation to abandon it and start something new. Still, I persisted to the last page and put it down.

At four o’clock I decided I really should give sleeping another try and went back to bed.

I want to comment on the regularity of the sleep cycles I’ve been experiencing because there seems to be something perhaps physiological about the intervals of sleep and no-sleep. An unconscious timer at work. When I report that I’ve been waking up at 2 a.m. actually checking the clock it may have been 1:55 or 1:50, maybe 2:05, but it was never, say, 1:57 - always on a factor of 5 minutes and I doubt the interval of sleep, that is, the time I went to bed had much of any bearing on that ~ 2 a.m. wake-up signal. If I went to bed at nine or ten I’d wake up at 2 a.m. all the same, as was the case night before last when I watched a movie until some later hour.

But even more curious was the precision of the one-hour intervals after the 2 o’clock waking. I didn’t keep a record for nights other than last night so the only hard data I can present bears on last night’s experience, but I noticed this regularity on previous nights and it was this recognition that prompted me to take careful notice of the clock this morning.

To be precise, I woke at 1:55 a.m.; I tossed and turned until precisely 2:55 a.m.; I read and then decided to go back to bed at precisely 3:55 a.m.. There was no purposeful intent on my part to these one-hour intervals, I simply looked at the clock as I changed from one regimen to the next. I can’t really speculate on a known or unknown mechanism behind these timely precisions, but I’ll hope to keep better records in the future for further clues.

So, I went back to bed at ~ 4 a.m. and to my pleasant surprise I started slipping into dreamland, which for me is a feeling like sinking into a warm and deep feather bed. Then I was presented with a beautiful hypnagogic of a small tin tree in colorful and exquisite detail - its hundreds of little leaves individually painted in intense color, as if it was constructed of light. Unlike many hypnagogic images I had time to study it, hold it in my concentration. I knew what was going on, that soon I would slip away into a dream.

As pleased as I was to be dreaming again after so many uncomfortable nights... But first a brief interjection if you don’t mind: LaBerge encourages dream enthusiasts to plan on longer sleeping hours and at least implies that R.E.M. (dream) sleep may not be as restorative as slow-wave (delta) sleep. The argument being that one is as busy in the dream condition as the waking condition (and indeed, fMRI’s show that the brain is as lit-up with activity during dreaming as in the waking state) so it might follow that dreaming is not restorative to the sleeper - might actually amount to work. Whether I’m at odds with the author or not I can state simply that being deprived, as I have, of the morning hours of R.E.M. sleep for the past two weeks I have been perpetually tired and last night, with its dreams, is the first good night’s sleep I’ve enjoyed in quite a while.

Again, as pleased as I was to be dreaming again after so many uncomfortable nights, lucidity or even prolonged recall escaped me and I have little to report - spotty recollection - of the dream that ensued. I can say that it lasted quite a while and centered around me moving into a ‘new’ house, a truck full of furniture and an army of helpers (extended family) intent on getting me situated in my new place. This, of course, is a direct reflection of my RL move to a new home just two weeks ago.

It took me a good dream-while to get a grasp of the situation, and I recall clearly informing a character, and pointedly so, that I had not arranged for a mover yet. My intention was this was not a day for work, but for feast and family; that this great assembly of aunts and uncles, nephews, nieces, in-laws, old, young, children and infants was for the purpose of helping me celebrate my new digs. Then, on quizzing another character, I learn that someone else has ordered a moving van - that this gathering is for the purpose of getting my stuff into the new house.

I am incensed by this revelation. I walk down a flight of stairs and discover boards had been nailed across the access in order to prevent their use as if they are too old and perhaps unsafe. I kick the boards away and stop someone carrying something. I ask him if they have been having meetings to decide things without my presence? I am told they have not, but I don’t believe it.

I return to the floor at the top of the stairs. The house is filling up with strange and unfamiliar furniture and intriguing little objects and I decide the previous owners have left this stuff behind - much to my glad dismay. I come on a lacquered ebony table thing that reminds me of a Yamaha concert grand piano, but it’s just a weird table of sorts.

I return to the stairs and discover they have, again, been boarded up! and again I kick the boards away and grab a person who’s face I can recall and ultimately ends the dream. He is a smallish man with a buzz cut and wearing glasses - looks very much like he could be family. I put to him the urgent question, ‘have they been having meetings without me’? He insists they haven’t but I am getting increasingly upset.

I retreat with an attractive female into a closet where we sit on the empty shelf together and talk. She is a soothing presence. After a while we attempt to alter our seating arrangement but it isn’t possible in such a small space and our bodies make contact with a feeling of shared intimacy. I see that there is nothing but thin air for her to rest on, so, giving up on that we decide to join the communal festivities.

It’s a catered affair.

~~Next day~~

It’s a catered affair, that is, no notice of food preparation but many people eating in makeshift places. My female acquaintance and I approach a table to get some food and I look at her hands. I pick up her left hand by the wrist and seeing that there are rings on every finger I remark, “Oh, well.”

I think I might be starting to wake up at this point, because I can't connect clearly just what happened next. I'm throwing something into the little sheds, over a counter, through a window where families are eating. It is about the size and shape of my zippered binder where I keep my [i]important papers dealing with metaphysical research. I loft it into one of these little cafes and look in to see that I have nearly struck a young child with it. I think, "whoa, that is not cool". Neither did the parents think so.

But I persist twice more, I think, with this possibly harmful action and finally think to myself, "I'm not going to have any friends left if I keep this up." It is getting crowded, probably because of my agitation, and I see the man who had previously denied any covert meetings had occurred concerning my move and my stuff, and I ask him again the same question. I immediately sense that he is going to deny it again and infuriated, I lunge at him with a raised fist. In an effort to get away he falls back between some tables and chairs.

I see the fear and surprise in his face and wake up.

Korpo
6th May 2011, 04:16 PM
Hello, E1B.

Finally a dream with some recall. I woke as has been my irritating habit the past two weeks about 2 a.m.. I had noted the time I went to bed (8:30 p.m.) and calculated that 5 1/2 hours is not a good night's sleep, especially if you're trying to do dream work, but still the feeling there's no more sleep to be had couldn’t be shaken and I tossed and turned until three.

When you want to recall more experiences this can affect your sleep pattern. It happened to me. I will go to sleep normally, wake between 2 - 4am. If I recall something I actually get up and record it at my computer. The best way to avoid tossing and turning seems to get up, take a leak, and possibly quench any thirst, and then go back to bed. This helps releasing whatever was processed in the earlier sleep phase from the system.

Sometimes my time for a full night's rest goes down to 5 hours, and sometimes it's up to 9 hours. The sleep need has its own rhythm and there's no rule how much sleep you really need. If you're fully rested and force yourself to sleep you will most likely toss and turn and wake up feeling worse.

Cheers,
Oliver

eyeoneblack
6th May 2011, 04:26 PM
Hi, Oliver :)

Yes, I agree. Just get on up, the tossing and turning is no benefit. But, as you noticed, having then abandoned the effort I did much what you suggest and was then graced with a decent dream.

Would you care to comment any further? Always appreciated. :)

Korpo
6th May 2011, 04:53 PM
Hello, E1B.

I often am rewarded with a meaningful dream then, too.

In the dream you resist a change for the new. In physical reality the associated shift has found a representation - you have a new apartment. In the larger reality you however struggle with the shift that might be the root cause for it to manifest.

During the dream you stick to the notion of control. You try to control when, you want to be informed, you even remove a barrier to go down. The celebration might have been part of the departure for something new in nonphysical reality, a new self to get used to, but you resist both the celebration that your soul family wants to stage by rushing off and the actual move representing the shift in consciousness.

All people you question assure you you are informed. To them you are one being, but you seemed to lack conscious access to the aspect where the decisions were made for this shift. You could interpret this as lack of lucidity.

Cheers,
Oliver

eyeoneblack
6th May 2011, 05:24 PM
YES!!! *pumping fist* That's what I was looking for, something I hadn't thought of - losing lucidity, which has been my woeful complaint of late. :o

Thanks, Sir Oliver :P

Beekeeper
7th May 2011, 08:23 AM
EB1, it might be worth your while to try a complete magnesium supplement. One combined with B6 can help with relaxation and dream recall.

A thing to look out for is if the toss-and-turn seems to coincide with a morning that arrives too soon. If that happens, you're just as likely to be dreaming that you're in your bed unable to sleep.

eyeoneblack
7th May 2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks Beek! The magnesium supplement will be given a try - got nothin' to lose. :( :)

A thing to look out for is if the toss-and-turn seems to coincide with a morning that arrives too soon. If that happens, you're just as likely to be dreaming that you're in your bed unable to sleep.

I have wondered that because I often feel that I have slept even tho I was 'tossing and turning', i.e. it was just a restless sleep. :roll: So that's why, maybe too often, I don't just get up, give it up, read and try again. :)

Beekeeper
8th May 2011, 10:35 AM
Well, that works, so why not? It's possible though that if you realised you were dreaming you were tossing and turning that you could do something with the lucidity. I'm speaking theoretically.

poème
8th May 2011, 05:22 PM
Hello Eyeoneblack,

About waking up in the night and not getting much hours of sleep... If you think you have a balanced lifestyle (not too stressful, healthy diet and etc.) and have no health condition that could explain why you have a disrupted sleep, then try not to worry too much about it. Worrying makes it worst and strengten the (maybe false) belief that it is unhealthy and that you need more sleep, while maybe you don't... And as a result, you may feel tired simply because you believe you should be feeling tired. (Beliefs can be that powerful!) I think the body knows how much sleep it really needs so I guess you could trust it on that...
That being said, I know how tossing and turning can be exasperating sometimes...I know oh so well! I guess I will need to follow Korpo's and Beekeeper's advices on that too :lol:

As for the dream recall, I noticed that I tend to have a low dream recall when I lose interest in my dreams because they feel more «ordinary» than previous ones or because they are harder to put together. What you just did here is what also works for me to reawaken the desire/motivation to recall dreams : working on past dreams, or just reading past entries in my dream note books and trying to figure out dreams I did not give much attention to back then. Besides, sometimes these unnoticed dreams reveal themselves to be more than what we first thought they were... :)

eyeoneblack
8th May 2011, 05:44 PM
Yes, I think it is good idea to review your journal from time to time. Dreams continue to evolve and mature in our subconscious. We don't really forget them, but in remembering them we are reminded that we are swept along in a current, whether we think of it or not, and we see our dreams of yesterday find new and enlightening expression today and tomorrow and....? Brought together they form a continuum that explains what the detail eludes us.

Thanks, mon cherrie (bad French) :oops:

Richard :)

poème
10th May 2011, 01:45 AM
Beautifully said... Really! :D

...You mean «ma chère» :)

eyeoneblack
20th May 2011, 03:25 PM
More stairs?!
Dream fragment: I'm in multiplex university type of buildings. I have stumbled into what I gather is a piano teacher's studio and sit at the piano. I try to play some familiar music, but my fingers don't work very well nor can I remember the notes.

Next I'm wondering around in an area that resembles a nursing home and one of the nurses informs me "this is the hospital". I tell her I can see it is, but how do I get to [some place]? She points me to the 'stairs' I need to take to a lower level. But the stairs are actually an escalator that has been demolished. The entrance is blocked by a steel column laying across it. I squeeze under the column and scuttle down the steps on my butt. When I get to the bottom it is blocked too by a steel column and other material. I try to squeeze under the column again but it is almost too tight. I get pretty stuck and I think this is where I wake up.

Dream fragment:
I'm in an old abandoned house. Three thugs are trying to break in and I’m holding the rickety door against them. I warn them they really don’t want to break in. I look around the living room, there is no furniture but there are two small rhinoceroses and a lion running around.

[Reminds me of that Robin Williams movie - Jumangi or something. ]

Korpo
20th May 2011, 08:37 PM
Hello, E1B.

The experience in the hospital carries traits of a "public" experience on the planes. The nurse reacts like what Kurt calls a Robot - the conscious environment giving you information about itself.

You decide not to take advantage of being in the hospital. You also try not to find out what to do there. You have a location in mind yourself and it is on a lower (sub)plane relative to that one. You find the way there barred by obstacles - all feedback from the environment that while you are generally can go there it is not opportunate at the moment. Instead of taking the mounting obstacles as a feedback to reconsider you struggle on till you basically lose your lucidity/recall and the experience itself.

You probably cannot remember what the place was you were asking for because you were asking for its ident, not really a word but a way of identifying it and it didn't translate back to your waking self. This could be also a case of state-specific memory.

The piano experience could denote that bringing your expectations along with you might not work well. It is not truly "the familiar" even if it looks like it. What is a "multiplex university?"

When your lower energy bodies are out of control or unaligned they can appear as wild, rowdy or other scary elements in dreams. The three is a clue here. In my dreams they could appear as wild dogs for example (I later saw them tame on the leash of their master for contrast), but an unaligned energy body could also even be the villain of the dream - the lower mental body can for example appear as mad scientist. This would denote problems of not being unaligned.

Similarly energy bodies in their role as elementals have a "will of their own." Like wild animals. Neil had experiences where the elemtals transformed from wild lions into tame domestic cats. Jumanji is a movie where animals are out of control, of wild, untamed nature and of dangers. This could denote some chaos and unalignment. There sure was a lot of chaos in Jumanji.

Sometimes in a set of threes also similarities and differences can denote the degree of alignment between different energy bodies. If the two rhinos were the etheric and astral they would denote a degree of alignment between the both which is likely anyway in your case. The lion could be the mental body, a feral beast, not as tamed yet, but definitely king of the jungle when it comes to the others.

For comparison - I once dreamed of twin girls and a boy who roughed them up, yet couldn't fathom his own actions in his immaturity. The lower mental body can exert strong influence on the etheric and astral bodies, and when mental body tendencies are not kept in check they can do harm in the lower bodies.

Cheers,
Oliver

eyeoneblack
21st May 2011, 01:33 PM
You decide not to take advantage of being in the hospital.

Is that ever protentious! Two days after this dream I had a Dr.'s appt and the next day learned that being in the hospital is very likely :( . And yes, it's fairly obvious my energy bodies are out of alignment, at least with repect to the physical.

I wonder if trying to take the escalator down was an attempt to deal with physical problems? Just a thought.

Your input always appreciated, Oliver :)

Appending another dream fragment from a week ago:

More critters. Previously I've recorded on AD dreams that centered on a 'pig' and a macaw-monkey and these two add to the dream critters phase. One is a strange shark I think I have caught fishing. It has a waist like a person - hour-glass shape between what might be hips and shoulders (though I didn't notice those features). I didn't want it to bite me but that seemed inevitable and it did. It had shark teeth lining the edges of its mouth but on the bottom jaw were teeth like a mammal - long straight teeth. It bit me and I think I asked my daughter to help get my hand out of its mouth.

The other was a small lion with a mane, the size of a kitten. It had a black head and I enjoyed petting it.

eyeoneblack
21st June 2011, 06:54 PM
[The only thing slightly interesting about this dream, so far as I can figure, is the half out-of-it sleepy, dreamy condition I was in during the early parts. But even still, the dream was quite vivid.]

I have taken rooms in an old house, seemingly in a small rural town where maybe Sheriff Andy Taylor (Mayberry, you know, just a ways from the city of Mt. Pilot) keeps the peace. I haven't lived here very long, don't know anybody. The place is spacious, but empty and dark. I'm doing something to the walls, hanging pictures maybe. I have an empty bottle in my hand, it's clear glass with just the remnants of water or beer/soda I was drinking.

The bottle slips out of my hand (it had collected sweat from having been cold) and lands with a loud thud on the wood floor. I know the sound reverberates throughout the entire house and I feel a little embarrassed for disturbing everybody - there are other tenants beside myself, I think, plus the family that owns the house who occupy the main rooms. Yet, I manage to drop the bottle another two/three times making the same reverberating thud on the floor each time. I'm feeling sleepy/dreamy, not quite with it.

Suddenly the door in front of me opens and there is an attractive young lady standing in the doorway. She offers me her hand and I think how nice it is to hold it and I don't let go for just a second. I say hello, you must be 'some name' and she responds that her name is Judy and invites me in.

She asks if I have a job, and somewhat embarrassed, I explain with bit of a stammer that I don't have to have one and after an awkward pause, I add, apologetically that I probably ought to get one. I reckon concerned about getting the rent.

I walk into a small bedroom decorated Victorian and she asks me to wait for her for a minute and leaves the room. I lie down on a small bed with flowery red and cream cover, and still feeling sleepy/dreamy I doze off. She returns and I open my eyes. Her hand is extended toward me so I reach to take it but she is holding something, maybe fragile, so I take hold of her wrist. I explain that my rear is halfway off the other side of the bed and I can't do much to get up without falling that way. She pulls me up and we go into the living room.

It is not Victorian but more a Ranch design. Again she excuses herself. I see immediately a large cabinet with a full screen on the front displaying three images of comic art like panels of a cartoon strip, but without any characters in them. I wonder if the house belongs to the creator of Garfield? Wouldn't that be cool!

She returns and opens a door that leads to the hall. Her Grandmother, I presume, is there and she's lively and animated like she's so glad see me! And here comes her Dad, the cartoonist himself! I look down the hall and see a lady, probably Judy's Mom, stirring in the kitchen.

Judy and I then enter another room that has a blonde upright piano against the wall and over in the corner are drums and a double-bass all in their travel cases. I tell her I was a professional pianist and suddenly I'm stricken with the fear that she's going to ask me to play. I wake up.

eyeoneblack
16th January 2013, 06:06 PM
I'm lost in a suburban neighborhood, walking somewhere, don't know my destination. I open a sliding glass door and enter a house. “Papa Bear” spies me standing in the dining room and pretty much goes ballistic. I would too if I found a stranger in my house. He angrily accost me while I’m doing my best to explain that I don’t mean to be here. It’s an accident.

He grabs me by the collar and hauls me down the street to a neighbor who’s a cop. The policeman does a record search which turns up nothing. The two men decide I’m probably no harm and we walk into the back yard where there is a tall chain-link fence. I search and see there is no gate in the fence. I see a chain on the corner of the fence. (don’t know why a chain but it’s part of the dream so I mention it. Was as if to lock a gate that wasn‘t there)

A tall and lanky young man appears to my left. He walks up to the fence and jumps over it but in a strange way. He double-jumps; that is he jumps and then he jumps again, which of course is impossible because one cannot jump while in the air. I look to Papa Bear and the cop and say, “Watch this.” I take a few steps forward and levitate up, over and back down on the other side of the fence. No effort at all and pretty cool, I think.

I continue walking and again I open the sliding glass door and enter Papa Bear’s house. Just as before. He sees me and lets out a barking sound. I can’t help myself and start to chuckle at the insanity of being there again. He begins to see the humor in the situation himself and loses his sternness. Yes, it’s an accident that I’m there and really baffling ridiculous, and he starts to chuckle himself.

Again we walk through the back yard and up to the fence. We are playfully guy-jabbin’ each other along the way. I look at him and make some clever remark to the effect “Let’s not get too friendly here...“. The lanky guy double-jumps again. I think to myself that he must be just learning his dream powers. I take a few steps and simply glide over the fence again. I think the lanky guy and I turn around and gesture Goodbye and go on our way. Not sure of my memory on that, though.

eyeoneblack
17th January 2013, 11:45 AM
Woke up at about 3am. Couldn't go back to sleep so was deprived of dream-time. Boooo!

eyeoneblack
26th January 2013, 08:04 PM
Just motiffs, no lucidity. Twice, attractive females; one I can still see her face - Julia Louis Dreyfus like only rounder. Plates of metal, heavy, can't carry them all at once - two trips. A lion (a frequent motiff) and a cow, I think, outside. Will the lion eat the cow?

eyeoneblack
27th January 2013, 04:47 PM
This was the last dream of the late morning so recall is fairly good and I did a lot of flying which most always makes for a vivid dream. At one point I took off from the top of a 2-3 story campus building made taller by the fact the land sloped away. I sailed easily to about 2 meters above the ground and then, ever so gently, landed on my feet. An old friend I haven't seen for many years commented that I was getting really good at this. As I began to take off again I said, "It takes a lot of practice and I don't know how to teach it."

The dream was mainly a long series of short flights on a campus of modern brick and glass buildings. Oddly, the students there were quite young - elementary and middle school ages. I sat in on a psychology class, but didn't know the seating order - I was an uninvited guest anyway, and ended up in the girls section. A little girl said something sassy to me so I picked up her chin with my index finger so she looked straight up. The teacher saw this, and thinking it was a rude thing to do, came over and the little girl and he did the same to me. I just chuckled and left.

I had been other places on the campus and forgot where I left my car. Most of the flying was to obtain aerial views of parking lots/areas I may have left it. From building to building and building to ground and back, the flying was easy and enjoyable, but there are really only two images/events I care to record for their strangeness.

I came to the edge of the campus and over the fence, down a tree-lined residential street I noticed a commotion involving a couple of campus security and a young man. I flew over the fence (again, previous dream) and glided over the situation. Two campus police were struggling with a violent kicking and screaming man trying to take him away.

I returned to the campus and, walking around, saw a concrete niche on the side of a building that made me wonder if I had parked in there. But there was a high (hurricane) fence around a deeply sunken and bare piece of ‘yard’ that I would have to clear first. I glided easily up over the fence and swooped down into the yard and sailed over a disturbing sight.

In a shallow dugout was a young naked person covered in gray dust and dirt. The person was kneeling Muslim style so I could not tell gender. It occurred to me this was some sort secret compound for poor wretched young people - like a Nazi internment camp.

I cleared the opposite fence and came down outside the yard when I noticed through a large observation window two ‘guards’ though dressed more like young nurses jump out of their seats. One took off running and I figured she was going for me. But, when she exited the building she took off in the opposite direction.

I woke up with a strange sensation I have never known before; at the last moment it felt like my body had gone completely rigid with many cracks running through it. It was pale green and looked as if it might just fall in a pile of rubble. I broke out in a quick sweat and got out of bed.

Korpo
27th January 2013, 08:35 PM
Interesting you saw the guards as nurses. It might indicate something about their function.

eyeoneblack
28th January 2013, 02:13 PM
Interesting you saw the guards as nurses. It might indicate something about their function.

Well, Hello Oliver!!! Thanks for any thoughts you may have re my Journal. You are mighty good at symbolism. Fences have been a motiff of late and when I take the recent dreams and then recall my first remembered dream (~9 yrs old, a fence around a jungle and a lion - !lion has shown up recently as well) the motiff spans my entire life!

Anyway, nice to hear from you.:D

eyeoneblack
28th January 2013, 03:07 PM
May, 2011

The experience in the hospital carries traits of a "public" experience on the planes. The nurse reacts like what Kurt calls a Robot - the conscious environment giving you information about itself.

If the two rhinos were the etheric and astral they would denote a degree of alignment between the both which is likely anyway in your case. The lion could be the mental body, a feral beast, not as tamed yet, but definitely king of the jungle when it comes to the others.

Did a little research into my dreams recorded since the 'transition' in May, 2011: Lion is all over it. In a brief entry lately I noted 'was the lion going to eat the cow?'. So, this is a good exercise. Actually, kinda glad I don't have readily available the Journal from the old board. Too much work. I think all I need is here.

Also, it wasn't a dream but RL, pausing to pet a cat actually saved my face from an exploding glass/storm door during a thunder storm.

Looking back and piecing a common thread together, in its many presentations is a good way to help find what may be the nut of the imagery. Sounds like a good thing to do.

Next I'll search for 'fence'. :P

Korpo
28th January 2013, 03:13 PM
My guess would be not to worry about the fences. They just demark different areas. If you can enter - like flying over - it's generally not a problem. You kind of bring the required state of consciousness. Else you might face "eviction."

eyeoneblack
28th January 2013, 03:23 PM
Hmm. I see the that. Need to think about the transition from one side of the fence to the other. Fences make compartments. This stuff is in here, other stuff is over there. Flying over might indicate easing from one body to another? Head is full, will think and work on it.

Korpo
28th January 2013, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't think that a fence demarks a body change. The compound you saw would probably simply a more restricted area. As you associated it with in an internment camp, there might also be a notion of segregation for those being inside. Since you saw the guards as nurses this zone might be a place where shades stay until a condition passes - that's one possibility. Furthermore, picturing the guards as nurses might indicate that this is not meant to be punishment.

eyeoneblack
28th January 2013, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't think that a fence demarks a body change.

Yeah, I didn't mean that. Whoops.

Shades..... Well YES. That very much feels like the situation.;)

eyeoneblack
31st January 2013, 08:17 PM
Just a quick note for my own reference and fences. I was asked if I had nightmares and I responded that I would have to go back 20+ years for that. It only just occured to me that the essence of the nightmare was a disembodied voice calling from a distance, "Do you need some help? Can I give you a hand?" I was trying to get over a fence at the time.

eyeoneblack
15th March 2013, 03:34 PM
I've thought about it more since the first post- if they are self characters, then it would follow that they'd know they can fly, and why wouldn't they want to? So if it's other projectors maybe they're not lucid enough to think critically. It's interesting, because sometimes my dcs know what's going on, but most of the time they don't seem to.
Kinda points to them not being self aspects, or at least not lucid ones. Even window dressing though, I'd assume they'd just blindly imitate me, and they don't, they seem to genuinely 'not get it'.
Hmmm.

Yes C. THOSE are the sort of questions I'm thinking of. This morning I 'created' a most beautiful, colorful creature with the head of a rodent but the rest of the body insect or bird-like. It would wrap up in its wings to hide. I asked my ex to be real still so she could see it unfold and fly, but she was figetey and I got upset with her for spoiling the show.

Just amazing, that's all!!! I got to know a very young couple - he had to move home, and she had no place to go. They were being evicted. They were cute and I liked them - they had piercings like kids do today. I wanted to help, but didn't quite know how.

But my point is, I was 'engaged' with them and the creature - they were'nt extras, but players in the dream which told a story. I never cease to be facinated by the phenomenon of dreaming.

(I was thinking about the Pope a lot last night and decided I should write a children's book, "Camping with the Pope". What?? Pretty odd but maybe this Pope really is a salt of the earth kind of guy.

Is the Pope like the creature all wrapped up in his fine and colorful vestments? A thought.

eyeoneblack
19th March 2013, 07:02 PM
I dreamed of another temptress - so beguiling. But isn't that normal for any man? So beautiful and so wrong -at least when I wake up it feels that way. My only regret is I never meet the same one twice!

eyeoneblack
24th March 2013, 08:39 PM
Quantum computers; I don't think they'll ever be smart enough to dream.

eyeoneblack
26th March 2013, 01:43 PM
This morning the young lady was dark-skinned and beautiful(as always). She was trying to keep me from interacting with another lady - white with long dark hair, red lips. I had only seen her enter the house but we spied each other - there was transaction between us with our eyes. But she went out to the pool and reposed on a lounge. I wanted to go see but couldn't get away.

So far, so what? Thing is, for the first time I HAD met her before. She had our baby in that long-ago and cathartic dream, in which I found her lounging around a pool and immediately fell in love. Hmmm.

eyeoneblack
2nd May 2013, 04:10 PM
I dreamed I was a stand-up comic:

What silliness I can remember -

So you see, I'm the black sheep of the family. My brother went to Georgia Tech. He got a Masters in Arithmetic! Ya' know, stuff like division is the opposite of multiplication. Okay, forget about that, I don't want to confuse anybody, but when he was in high school he wore this stick on his belt. He could figger just about anything with it. Like Pi or something. He made a great career in Arithmetic but he sure was a nerd.

Not like me, I'm cool. I got a bachelor's in Accounting. And we all know how cool accountants are.

~~~

I'm on NASA's mailing list. They sent me a ticket to Mars! But there was this astericks that read, "Transportation not included". So I figured, must be a number of others got a ticket - maybe we could car-pool. Maybe not. I have a fan on my dresser - if I got a good battery for it maybe, and if I pointed it just right, it would take me to Mars. Yeah, it would take a l-o-n-g time, but time is not an issue for me.

Thing is, you can't just go to Mars anytime you want. You have to plan it because it's moving - like a receiver connecting with a pass. If you get there a little late then you have to really run to catch up, and that will likely drain your battery. So I'm gonna' make sure that I leave during the night so I can see the planet and make adjustments accordingly.

I woke up chuckling.

CFTraveler
2nd May 2013, 04:56 PM
http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot&play=true

eyeoneblack
2nd May 2013, 05:13 PM
I am still laughing CFT. That's just what the routine needs - rim shots. Ho Ho.

eyeoneblack
15th June 2013, 04:36 PM
I've been dreaming A LOT. So much so that to stop and make notes would take too much time and there really hasn't been anything special (good lucidity, projection and such). I was laid up a couple of days with a stomach virus and (being as I wasn't tired even though I was stuck in bed) and I experience a constant stream of dreams. This condition, don't know what you would call it, was highly conducive to vivid dreams. I'm only writing this because I want to record a recent dream where I met a VERY ATTRACTIVE girl. I knew I needed to brush my teeth real quick but I couldn't find a toothbrush other than an old and yucky one. I finally just used my finger and when I got back to my new gf she shunned me - turned me away.
I was so stricken by the experience that I woke up knowing I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep for a while. I made some tea and read.

eyeoneblack
1st July 2013, 02:54 PM
Dream fragment-

There was a baby in diapers laying face-up in a rain swollen gutter, it's face completely covered in water. It was motionless and by all appearances dead. Something was going on in a nearby garage. I ran to see what the commotion was about. In it was another baby totally submerged in a tub of water and the people were not at all alarmed but standing about visiting with each other.
I went back to the street gutter and saw that the dead baby was just as I had left it. I picked it up in my arms. After a few seconds it began to squirm and then came fully alive. [it appeared to be dark-skinned, Afro-American.]

I wonder if this has anything to do with animation magick I have been 'taught' before in dreams? I recently made friends with an Afro-American family and celebrated their 1 yr-old's birthday with them. I was the only white person there, but they were very accepting of me.

eyeoneblack
18th July 2013, 03:24 PM
The dream that wouldn't quit:

I had a restless night tossing and turning. I just couldn't get comfortable. Along towards morning I was having a dream that wasn't very entertaining - boring actually. Thing was, I would wake slightly to change positions and at the same time I would try to plant something else in my head. But I kept going right back to the same old dream.

This went on for a couple of hours and never could I shake the dream. Like the Energizer Bunny, it just kept going and going until I finally gave up and got up.

Sinera
18th July 2013, 05:08 PM
hope you're not sick? fever dreams have this repetitive or 'sticky' quality, actually, so it is said

eyeoneblack
18th July 2013, 05:42 PM
hope you're not sick? fever dreams have this repetitive or 'sticky' quality, actually, so it is said

I'm not obviously sick. But if I took a poll I might get a different answer.:mrgreen:

Actually, I know what you refer to. 8) But we have policy against any drug related posts.:P

eyeoneblack
18th January 2014, 06:42 PM
I thought this guy, who appeared to be a high-school principal (unsavory) put his arm around my shoulder, turned me around and we stepped off a ledge way above the ground below. I was startled, but we floated down and I said, "Get off of me, I need to land."

Hmmmm....

eyeoneblack
19th March 2014, 03:29 PM
a real life dream, demons and (!?)

I was racing down a broad cobblestone street with large brick buildings to the right and left. It looked like an old industrial complex. I was heading West when the road was blocked by a large building with a gaping entrance. I continued on in, but my progress was blocked by a brick wall. I am inside the building not knowing whether to go right or left. A large guy (demon) comes up and orders me to get out of there, then he walks down the corridor to my left. The corridor also extends to my right. Retreating East in the direction I had arrived was not an option for me.

The big guy (with a long blonde mullet) had joined some friends (demons) in a huddle. I noticed there were a few other people in the same predicament I was and called down the corridor, "Hey arse-hole! How do I get outta' here?" He walks back up the corridor breathing hostility with every step. He walks up to me, nose to nose. He has morphed into a cop and threatens to 'whip my arse'. I point to his chest, equally threatening, and say, "Yes, but you can't really do that."

End of dream.

I call this a 'real life' dream, because it dealt, plainly and directly, with a situation I had been sweating all the day before. A hostile situation that developed with some associates interested in the same subject we are. I stood accused, but I couldn't think of good way out. Finally a resolution not requiring any action on my part, was agreed to.

[Reading in my favorite eMag this morning I run across a science article that mentions "thought police". In some way, that also feels relevant.]

Any and all likes or comments will be appreciated. I don't notice that we share dreams here, well, not much maybe. And there is nothing very notable about this one. I was just surprised at its directness concerning a pressing matter.

IA56
20th March 2014, 05:50 AM
a real life dream, demons and (!?)

I was racing down a broad cobblestone street with large brick buildings to the right and left. It looked like an old industrial complex. I was heading West when the road was blocked by a large building with a gaping entrance. I continued on in, but my progress was blocked by a brick wall. I am inside the building not knowing whether to go right or left. A large guy (demon) comes up and orders me to get out of there, then he walks down the corridor to my left. The corridor also extends to my right. Retreating East in the direction I had arrived was not an option for me.

The big guy (with a long blonde mullet) had joined some friends (demons) in a huddle. I noticed there were a few other people in the same predicament I was and called down the corridor, "Hey arse-hole! How do I get outta' here?" He walks back up the corridor breathing hostility with every step. He walks up to me, nose to nose. He has morphed into a cop and threatens to 'whip my arse'. I point to his chest, equally threatening, and say, "Yes, but you can't really do that."

End of dream.

I call this a 'real life' dream, because it dealt, plainly and directly, with a situation I had been sweating all the day before. A hostile situation that developed with some associates interested in the same subject we are. I stood accused, but I couldn't think of good way out. Finally a resolution not requiring any action on my part, was agreed to.

[Reading in my favorite eMag this morning I run across a science article that mentions "thought police". In some way, that also feels relevant.]

Any and all likes or comments will be appreciated. I don't notice that we share dreams here, well, not much maybe. And there is nothing very notable about this one. I was just surprised at its directness concerning a pressing matter.

Hi Richard,
For me this dream of yours are very clear, as I know you a little I am sure you do not want to hear this I am going to say.
As you remember when you where bitten by a spider you did blame it on me, as you do judge the energy you meet as a demon,(deamon does not have to be bad, it can be a marcor of a level where it is).. you look always negativ at life and people and not seam to understand what your are sending out??
Look how you answere to the energy who tell´s you are not allowed to be there....?? You where so sure you have all right to be there, are you aware of what place it is??..You could have asked?? but did not....you are not allowed to be there, maybe it was for your protection...but that did not cross your mind, did it??
You know I love you as I love everyone els, so this is a love action from my part, I hope you can feel it.

Love
ia

IA56
20th March 2014, 06:19 AM

For one thing, my mother has been showing up every night which always ends in an arguement. I wake up distressed just like I did when she was still alive. There are some sheilding things CPW mentioned... was that in this thread? Shoot, I'll go look.

Last night I'm talking to an old fraternity brother. I remember how he and his buddy Scott had traveled from the SW on horseback to get to school. (not true) But they were real cowboy types, always laughing and having a great time. I tell him he's not so happy now as he was then. He agrees.

I go over to some work I have on the table and find a tangled mess of papers, posters and booklets. I get it straightened out just in time for the person (another friend from way back) who's work it is to arrive, and pretend to be working on it because I'm supposed to have it finished for her.

She knows I haven't done a thing with it and is disappointed.

Hi Richard,
I am so sorry you did miss the opportunity with your mother, feel in why she disstress you...stay in the unconfortable feeling until you can feel why she does this to you....you will learn much about your self and your mother.
I know this is not easy...to stay in a feeling what does make you nearly sick, but it is the way out of it too, and you will gain knowledge.

Love
ia

IA56
20th March 2014, 07:47 AM
I thought this guy, who appeared to be a high-school principal (unsavory) put his arm around my shoulder, turned me around and we stepped off a ledge way above the ground below. I was startled, but we floated down and I said, "Get off of me, I need to land."

Hmmmm....

This dream of yours Richard does give me the feeling you think you never need help, or that you are not willing to be lead of someone els....or are you afraid of nearness to others??
Maybe you should let go of your controll need, and develop more trust in your self and that will expand to trust others too.

Love
ia

eyeoneblack
20th March 2014, 08:57 PM
You may be on to something there Ia. I can think of many instances where I've operated alone, even when a group. I think I made the comment that the principal may have been a guide and I blew it. :(

eyeoneblack
20th March 2014, 09:07 PM
when you where bitten by a spider you did blame it on me

I certainly do not remember that. I think I'm going bananas :whatthe:.

eyeoneblack
20th March 2014, 09:16 PM

I can't tell you how old that dream is. Something weird is going on here. There are only 18 postings to my journal. That can't be right. Where did you find these. I can't find them now.

IA56
21st March 2014, 05:11 AM
I can't tell you how old that dream is. Something weird is going on here. There are only 18 postings to my journal. That can't be right. Where did you find these. I can't find them now.

Richard, it was here on this forum, I am not anywhere els then here.

Love
ia

eyeoneblack
21st March 2014, 11:19 AM
Ia, tell me how many posts my DJ contains? I could have some computer glitch.

Notice in the old dream I refer to ButterlyWoman as CPW (CaterpillarWoman). That was even before you joined - I think.

IA56
21st March 2014, 11:39 AM
Ia, tell me how many posts my DJ contains? I could have some computer glitch.

Notice in the old dream I refer to ButterlyWoman as CPW (CaterpillarWoman). That was even before you joined - I think.

Hi Richard,
with this post it will be21??
I thought the dream about your mother was a new one...I did not scroll in your DJ...it was on this forum and as I said I thought it was a new dream of yours...yes, very strange??
Maybe CFT or BW can see what has happened?? I sure do not know??!!

Love
ia

eyeoneblack
21st March 2014, 11:49 AM
I mentioned the situation to CFT but haven't heard back.

CFTraveler
21st March 2014, 03:25 PM
Edited: Threads have been merged, 75 posts so far.

eyeoneblack
26th July 2014, 11:18 AM
Woke up 2:20 am. My brother and his wife are coming to visit in a few weeks from the East coast. I'm haunted by the thought that this may be the last time I see him as we're both getting pretty old and personal visits don't happen except every few or more years. I try to go back to sleep but my usual tricks aren't working. I toss and turn but I can't concentrate. But I guess I do go to sleep although I don't it. I enter a condition I've never encountered before.
I'm still in bed trying to go to sleep and strange things begin to happen. I'm in my bedroom but it's a little different. There is a sheep in the room, a pet sheep and I rub head. I notice the fur has come apart. It's laying open in flaps and I can see the construction underneath. It's just leather and wood tied together with leather thongs. It bites my hand but in a friendly way. I toss in the bed again. I look down on the floor where there are some discarded clothes. Something is moving under a jacket so I reach under the jacket. It's a little kitten. I'm having trouble with my hands. I'm back in bed and someone else's arms and hands are messing with mine. It's very tactile, I can feel the others on mine and my hands and the other's wrestle around, but there is no other person there and I move on through in a state of confusion. There are more kittens under clothes. My vision is confused. I'm reaching behind the headboard and a pair hands grab mine. I pull the hands out but it's just arms coming out. Nobody attached.It's dark so that I can hardly see but I can still make things if it's close enough. I grab another kitten and notice it's the mother cat, a fluffy orange cat.
I find a cell phone under the bed. I answer it. Some lady is saying something sad, lamenting that she needs something.
I decide I need to turn on a light, but the bedside lamp isn't working, neither the switch on the wall. I go to a floor lamp which is next to a door that doesn't exist that I have apparently opened. A neighbor, in bit of a glow of an exterior light is getting on his bike to go work. I shut the door and reach to turn on the floor lamp. It gets shorter and shorter and falls over. On the floor is my dad. He's on his side muttering something but I know he's been dead many years.
I think it was around at this point I really do wake (having been half thinking I was still trying to go sleep all along). It's 5:00, so I get up. I think I'm still up but I can't be absolutely sure that I'm not typing in a dream.
I don't know, folks. I've have had just about every kind of dream that I thought a person could. But this is the weirdest!!!!

CFTraveler
26th July 2014, 07:38 PM
I've had this tactile thing happen before (not kittens, though) and it's been a long time. Years. I had this type of thing (whatever you call it) for weeks and then no more. I often wonder where my snuggle buddies went to. (It was totally benign, and loving).