PDA

View Full Version : pain relief?

baalixan
28th August 2010, 09:11 AM
so i was meditating after getting home from work, focusing on channeling energy through my lower back(have had a ruptured disc for 2 years) but i didn't reach a trance state, just light meditative. however i fell asleep for about an hour while trying to get deeper. when i woke up i was relaxed, the pain in my back was gone and both physically and mentally i felt like i took painkillers before napping(which i didn't). so i am wondering, is it possible that even tho i fell asleep during that meditation that i continued to work on what i was focused on?

i didn't have any of those effects until waking, only sensations of energy flow before losing conciousness

ButterflyWoman
28th August 2010, 09:41 AM
when i woke up i was relaxed, the pain in my back was gone and both physically and mentally i felt like i took painkillers before napping(which i didn't).
Cool!

is it possible that even tho i fell asleep during that meditation that i continued to work on what i was focused on?
I don't see why not. Just because you're not consciously aware of things doesn't mean they're not happening.